Chapter 34

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day the two woke up early to go sightseeing. Jimin planned the whole day out and so they visited a lot of nearby sights that held meaning to Jimin. He recounted stories about those places to Jungkook and in turn heard stories Jungkook had about similar places or things. They ate at local cafes and enjoyed street food as well. Overall, the whole day was filled with small activities and a lot of talking and getting to know each other more. Near the evening around five, they were strolling around the city’s shopping district, taking in the colorful shops and different scents that filled the air.

“Hey Jimin, do you remember that lighthouse your aunt once took us too?” Jungkook asked as they walked.

“Yea...I saw a picture of it and it sparked the first memory.” Jimin stated. “Why?” he questioned.

“Well if I remember correctly it’s about an hour drive from here,” Jungkook said.

“Really?” Jimin responded finding it weird he’d never been there while in college if it was that close, but then again his aunt had said it wasn’t a place anyone visited. So maybe none of his friends in college had ever known about the place and so they’d never taken a road trip there.

“Yea. I remember when we first went there your aunt told me she used to take you there all the time...but I wasn’t sure if that was the case after what happened with your mom.”

“I completely forgot about the lighthouse after what happened to mom so we never went. I didn’t even know of its existence till I saw the picture. I still don’t remember it that much either.”

“Hmm...well do you want to go visit it?”

“Now?”

“If you want, it used to hold a lot of meaning to you and your aunt.”

“...I guess we could go.”

“You’re hesitating, we don’t have to. I was just suggesting it.”

“No, I want to go. I’m just a little hesitant because I think actually going there might bring back more memories since a picture of the lighthouse happened to be the trigger to remembering in the first place. And I’m a little worried they won’t all be good.” Jimin admitted.

“Oh...then maybe we shouldn’t go?” Jungkook said sounding hesitant as well.

“It’s ok, I want to go. When my aunt talked about it, she made it sound special and I kind of want to see it” JImin stated with conviction. Jungkook nodded slightly and then they headed back to the hotel so they could drive to the lighthouse.

Jimin was anxious but at the same time, he felt like he made the right decision. There was something about the lighthouse that was important, something he just wasn’t making a connection to yet. Jimin recalled how his aunt had told him that his name meant ‘wisdom from heaven’ and he also recalled that was what had been written on the wall of one of the pictures of the lighthouse. He wondered why it was written there? Did his mother ever visit the lighthouse? Was it possible she had seen those words written there and decided to describe her love for Jimin’s father that way? Or maybe she’d carved those words into the wall? Wait, did that mean his father had also been to the lighthouse? Jimin pondered over these questions as Jungkook drove.

“We’re almost there according to the GPS,” Jungkook spoke up and Jimin snapped out of his thoughts to take in his surroundings. They were in a remote area, nothing but trees stretched along the sides of the road which was seemingly in disuse if the fact that it was worn out was any indication.

“Okay...is this your first time going back as well?” Jimin asked turning to face Jungkook.

“Yea, I wanted to come back over the years but...I guess I just never wanted to alone. I wanted to come back with you. It was your aunt’s and your special place after all and if I were to come alone or with someone else I felt like I’d be intruding or something” Jungkook answered.

“I get what you’re trying to say, but if you wanted to come you should have Kookie. Neither my aunt or I have a monopoly over it, we haven’t even been there in years.”

“I know but still...your aunt really loves that place. Even though she only took me there once I could tell she had a special connection to that place for some reason. That week your aunt visited, she was the happiest when she was at the lighthouse. I mean she was always happy when she was hanging out with us but when we visited the lighthouse that’s where she smiled the most and seemed the freest”

“I think you’re right, I might not remember the place but when Aunty was talking about it, she did sound like she missed going there.”

“Maybe you should go with her when she returns from her vacation?” Jungkook suggested.

“Yea I will….You know I used to come to visit this sea whenever I could with my friends during college, but I don’t think we’d ever come to this section of the beach. We would visit the more popular locations. Even so, I’m surprised that we never heard about the lighthouse.” Jimin stated.

“That’s probably because it’s not really near the sea. It’s at the bottom of a cliff in a secluded area, hardly anyone would just stumble upon it.” Jungkook said.

“Why would it be at the bottom of a cliff? Wouldn’t it normally be at the top?” Jimin asked surprised by the new information.

“Hmm, I don’t know why. But even if it surrounded by the cliff from the back, it’s still a pretty site at night. Sometimes the rocks there will light up for a little bit, it did that night we visited.”

“They lit up? How?”

“Your aunt said it wasn’t always like that. She said it was a recent phenomenon which started when you were three. She went on to explain that it was most likely because little bits of phosphorous could be found dusted over the cliff sometimes. She also told us how it got there but I forgot what she’d said exactly, all I remember was that involved some kind of run down factory or something?”

“Hmm ok...are we staying the night?”

“I didn’t plan to...do you want to?”

“I’m not sure, but I kind of wanted to see the cliff glow at night.”

“From what I remember they lit up as soon as the sun set. And the sun is already starting to set, so we should be able to see it glow even if we don’t stay the night”

“Cool,” Jimin said. Jungkook nodded and then said a few minutes later, “We’re here.”

Jimin turned his gaze to the window to see that they had turned left and were now driving along a cliff. The sea could be seen from his side of the window and the woods were on Jungkook’s side. The road was very narrow and from what Jimin could tell it ended a few feet ahead of them where it was merely loose gravel rather than a road that lead down the side of the cliff to the shore.

“I don’t see the lighthouse?” Jimin questioned looking around in all directions.

“You will in a few seconds,” Jungkook answered turning onto the loose gravel road and going down the cliff slowly. Near the middle the ride got a little bumpy and Jungkook drove cautiously until they reached the bottom. Jimin could finally see the lighthouse a little ways to their right. It was tall but it was only half the height of the cliff that towered behind it. The whole structure was a light blue and white with a circular dome at the top and windows along the side that were evenly spaced out. There was a red fence under the dome which could barely be seen from the base of the lighthous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter