Chapter 46

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin stared at Myung taking in his features. He had changed slightly from the childhood memory Jimin had of him. Myung’s hair was cut short and was as black as the midnight sky. His facial structure was still the same and still resembled Jimin’s. However, closer inspection led Jimin to see that Myung had a crooked nose as if he’d been in one too many fist fights that resulted in a broken nose. In addition, Myung had gained a lot of muscle mass from what Jimin remembered of him. But his gaze and dark gray eyes remained the same as they always had, cruel and calculating. Jimin looked away and walked towards the railing of the ship, looking down at the water.

“Where are we going?” Jimin asked as the ship sailed further and further away from the harbor.

“If I told you that, what would you do with that information?” Myung countered from beside Jimin who was leaning against the railing of the ship.

“I don’t know....” Jimin replied glaring at the water.

“Hmm, then you have no use for it, do you?...Are you going to jump?” Myung asked as he observed Jimin.

“Would you stop me if I did?”

“Not really. You can jump and try to swim back but you’d never make it. These waters are cold despite the summer heat, not to mention we’re much too far from shore anyway.”

“So you’re saying I can jump and commit suicide? Are you're fine with that? That seems very counterproductive.” Jimin said dryly with a scoff.

“I wouldn’t let you die. You’d be back on this ship before you could freeze to death. But you are most certainly welcome to go for a swim.” Myung replied giving off an air of nonchalance like he didn’t care what Jimin did.

“What do you want?” Jimin decided to ask after a minute of silence.

“I’m pretty sure your mom already told you.”

“She says you plan to make me your heir.”

“She would be right in that case.”

“Are you going to force me into that type of life?” Jimin asked turning to look at Myung.

“If need be, yes,” Myung replied looking Jimin in the eyes.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why come back for me now? Why not have another kid that would have been raised in that kind of life? It would be easier than all this. You should have already guessed I don’t want to be a part of the mafia or anything like that. You also know that it won’t be easy getting me accustomed to this kind of life considering what I do for a living.”

“Those are all valid points son. But shouldn’t you have already realized that I don’t always take the easy way? I mean I did kill all my men back then just to keep you alive.”

“That doesn’t mean anything. Just because you couldn’t bring yourself to kill me doesn’t mean you had to do this.” Jimin responded through gritted teeth.

“Hmm...You studied psychology, didn’t you? So read me. Tell me why I did this.” Myung challenged with a curious glint in his eyes.

“I don’t know,” Jimin replied quickly looking away from Myung.

“You have a guess I’m sure,” Myung responded.

“I don’t. I can’t read you because I don’t know you.” Jimin lied.

“You don’t need to know the person to read them is what I’ve heard” Myung retaliated.

“You’ve heard wrong.”

“I don’t think I have. I trust my men to report the truth.”

“How long have you been stalking me?” Jimin asked furrowing his eyebrows.

“I’ve always had someone looking out for you since I got this position,” Myung replied.

“There’s no way I wouldn’t notice if someone was stalking me.” Jimin declared certain there was no way he wouldn’t know.

“They weren’t trailing you Jimin, nor had they been watching you all the time.”

“Then how is that stalking, and more importantly then how would you know if I needed to know you to read you or not?” Jimin argued.

“Because you read me just fine last time we met, and I was even more of a stranger to you then,” Myung answered.

“What?” Jimin asked confused turning back to look at his father. “I was a kid the last time we met?”

“No. We met once after that about four years ago. You had recently gotten your degree and you had been offered a position as a psychologist at Seoul General Hospital. You had been working there for a couple of months and were attending a banquet hosted by the hospital as a charity event. We met then. I introduced myself to you as Saliman and asked you to read me then too and you did.”

“Whe-” Jimin cut himself off suddenly recalling that particular day and vaguely remembering that yes, he had seen his father there and talked to him.

“Do you remember now?” Myung asked.

Jimin did, he recalled how the director of the hospital had come over with this strange man beside him and the man had introduced himself as Saliman and asked him how he liked his job and other things. Jimin had made small talk with him and had explained a few of the techniques he used to read people when Saliman had requested Jimin to read him. Jimin had read the stranger without much difficulty claiming Saliman was a man of many secrets, someone who knew his way around, a ruthless person, and had the makings of being a great business man. Now Jimin realized that he hadn’t been wrong, Myung was exactly what he’d read him to be.

“I can see it in your eyes, you remember. So Jimin read me.” Myung said. Jimin remained silent, his emotions running wild and interfering with what should normally be an easy task for him. He continued to stare at Myung, expression blank and eyes filled with anger.

“Come on my son, tell me why I would do this,” Myung demanded, stepping forw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter