Chapter 4

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin rushed inside his room quickly locking the door and flinging himself onto the bed, he began to cry his frustrations out. He was mad at Jungkook for the way he was treating him but at the same time, he was frustrated with himself for agreeing to those stupid games in the first place. Of course, he knew he didn’t have much of a choice, but he still felt that maybe he should have taken his chances with finding another job, or maybe he should have found a new calling. He couldn’t help but feel that those options were better than being controlled by Jungkook.

After a while, Jimin got up and went to wash his face. He looked at his red puffy eyes and wonder how long it would take for the puffiness to go down. He sighed and glanced at the clock to see that it was almost nine, so Jimin decided to pay Mrs. Jeon a visit. Even if he was mad at Jungkook, he couldn’t neglect his job and his personal affairs should never interfere with how he treats his patients. Jimin was ashamed to admit it, but he had wondered if he should just neglect his job to get Jungkook to fire him so he didn’t have to deal with any of this anymore. But of course, he’d never do something like that. It didn’t matter that he’d somewhat been forced to take Mrs. Jeon on as a patient, she was his patient now and he would do everything he could to help her.

JImin made his way to Mrs. Jeon’s room and knocked before entering. At the moment she was alone, but this time she was painting. She looked like she was concentrated on her work and she only glanced at him to give any indication she knew he was there. Jimin smiled at her as he approached her stopping a few feet away from her chair.

“Hello, again Mrs. Jeon, may I watch you paint?” Jimin asked reading her body language for any indication his presence was unwelcome. She apparently didn’t care since her demeanor did not change except for a relaxation of her shoulders which Jimin took to mean she was fine with him watching her. Jimin just stood and watched her move the paintbrush with ease, though what she was painting looked completely random. But she was concentrating as if she was sure of what she was making, sure that she was creating something that should be recognized.

Jimin moved a chair to her left side and quietly sat down making sure she was still comfortable with it. She tensed for a second but relaxed just as quickly. Jimin continued to observe her hand movements and would occasionally glance at her expression. He noted she would purse her lips together whenever she didn’t like the colors she was using and would change it. When she made a mistake her eyes would narrow slightly. Her eyes had a slight glint of anger to them while she painted, as if whatever she was trying to paint was not turning out how she wanted it to.

“Mrs. Jeon, do you enjoy painting?” Jimin asked quietly after watching for a while, he was slowly learning how to read her body language since she didn’t speak. He watched her hand pause in the air before going back to the canvas when he asked her the question. But she didn’t do anything else. Jimin decided to ask more questions and see what reaction he’d receive from her.

“Do you enjoy using other mediums as well, like color pencils or oil pastels?” Jimin asked, again Mrs. Jeon paused before going back to her canvas. Jimin had a suspicion that those pauses were answers, but was it a yes or no?

“Do you enjoy the arts in general?” Jimin asked and there was another pause.

“What about music? Do you enjoy listening to music?” He asked. There was no pause this time. Jimin was beginning to understand what those pauses meant. He was about to ask another question but was interrupted by the door opening. He looked up to see Taehyung enter.

“Hey Mrs. Jeon, would you like to take a shower now?” Taehyung asked oblivious to the fact Jimin was in the room once again. Jimin noted that Mrs. Jeon didn’t pause this time either. Taehyung looked up after placing all the objects in his hands in the bathroom. When he came back out he saw Jimin and smiled at him.

“Hey, didn’t see you there. Why didn’t you say anything?” Taehyung asked coming over to Mrs. Jeon and slowly taking the paintbrush out of her hand. Mrs. Jeon’s eyes narrowed very slightly. Jimin was pretty sure he knew what that meant.

“Tae, she doesn’t want to take a shower now,” Jimin said taking the paintbrush back and handing it back to Mrs. Jeon. Her hand shook a little bit as she took the paintbrush and she looked down for a second before resuming her painting. Taehyung looked at Jimin confused.

“How do you know that?” he asked. Jimin shrugged knowing Taehyung wouldn’t be able to see the subtle differences in Mrs. Jeon’s actions, at least not right away.

“Mrs. Jeon, would you like to take a shower later?” Jimin asked and he saw the pause.

“How about in an hour?” He continued, no pause.

“Two hours?” Jimin asked raising an eyebrow, she paused.

“Ok, well then Taehyung will be back in two hours to help you with your shower. I’m going to head out now alright Mrs. Jeon?” Jimin asked making sure it was ok for him to leave. Mrs. Jeon glanced up at him and then returned to her painting. Jimin wasn’t sure if that glance meant he could leave or not, but he started walking away still watching her as he passed her. Her posture did not change, so he assumed the glance had meant ok. Taehyung excused himself as well and followed Jimin out. Once they were outside Taehyung began to question him.

“Two hours? How did you figure that out? She didn’t respond at all. Are you just assuming things?” Taehyung asked.

“No Tae, I’m not assuming...well not completely. She kind of does these subtle movements and I’ve only really figured out which one means yes and which one means no.” Jimin said as he paused in front of his room.

“”Oh really? I’ve never noticed and I’ve worked with her for three years, how’d you see differences on your first day?” Taehyung asked looking impressed.

“I’ve been trained to pick up subtle changes in every situation,” Jimin said with a shrug.

“Cool, you should teach me!” Taehyung said excitedly.

“I’m not sure I could...I’m not a good teacher at all,” Jimin said shifting on his feet, he wasn’t good at talking about reading people. He always avoided the topic when he was asked about these things.

“”Oh, well at least tell me how you knew if she said yes or no?” Taehyung aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter