Chapter 56

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin didn’t know how he’d managed to find a hiding spot and evade all the people who’d been chasing after him but he had. He had somehow found himself in what looked to be a really large kitchen and so he’d opened one of the lower cabinets and slipped inside among the pots pushing them all to the side. He held his breath as he heard people running into the kitchen. He heard them shout at each other but didn’t pay attention the words instead he prayed they wouldn’t look in the cabinets. He clutched onto the scalpel, his only defense at the moment. He waited a moment as he heard the voices growing distant as they all left the kitchen. For a couple of seconds, there was silence and Jimin wondered if they had all left. He was just about to open the cabinet to peek outside when he heard footsteps. They were quiet, hardly noticeable if Jimin wasn’t paying particular attention. He heard cabinets near him being opened and closed. His heart rate picked up and he could practically feel the adrenaline running through his veins, screaming at him to not make a sound, to not even breath.

“Jimin, please come out? My name’s Lily and I work for Woobin, I’m just pretending to work for Myung… Please come out; I’m here to help,” a feminine voice whispered close by, still opening and closing cabinets.

Should he trust her? Jimin wasn’t sure if maybe this lady was just saying that to try and coax him out. Maybe she was one of those double agents who was supposedly working for Woobin. Jimin felt so conflicted over who to trust. His mind was racing with a million thoughts and he didn’t feel safe in the least so he stayed put, scalpel ready to slice whoever would find him.

“Lily!” Another voice called out and the opening of cabinets stopped.

“Yes? Did you find him?” the woman, Lily asked.

“No. Have you checked all the cabinets?” the other voice asked sounding irritated.

“Yea, just finished. Let’s look somewhere else,” Lily replied. Jimin knew for sure she wasn’t done, she would have found him otherwise.

“Argh, how did he disappear so quickly? I’m going to search this way, you go that way!” the voice instructed and Jimin assumed Lily nodded as he only heard footsteps going away.

“Jimin we need to hurry. I know you’re there, please come out,” Lily said just above a whisper from right outside where Jimin was hiding. Biting his lip, Jimin held on to his weapon and slowly pushed the cabinet door open looking ahead to see a woman who was probably in her late thirties waiting patiently.

“How are you going to help me?” Jimin asked still not completely trusting her and keeping his guard up in case someone walked in.

“Here put this on,” she said handing him a black mask.

“How’s that going to help?” Jimin asked not seeing the point of it.

“Just do as I say, I’m trying to help,” Lily replied stepping forward to put the mask on him, herself, but Jimin stepped back holding the scalpel up in warning. She stopped moving holding her hands up in surrender. Jimin eyed the mask and then took it putting it on himself. Lily pulled out another black mask and placed it on her face.

“Operation Bluebell go,” she whispered to the watch on her wrist. It took Jimin a moment to realize that the watch was more than just a watch, only realizing it when he heard a small voice of affirmation come from the watch.

“Let’s go,” she said leading the way out. Jimin followed hesitantly wondering what operation bluebell was.

Jimin followed Lily through a couple of corridors before she stopped them. She opened a random door nearby and shoved Jimin inside following behind him. The room was dark so Jimin couldn’t make out anything and he wondered why he’d been pushed in here but stayed silent as Lily had placed a finger against his lips in a silent plea for him to stay silent. They waited a couple of seconds and then Jimin heard footsteps outside which quickly passed them.

“That was close,” Lily said once the footsteps disappeared then she turned to Jimin.

“Listen closely, there will be hallway up ahead towards the left that leads to some elevators. Take the elevator to the top floor and as soon as you get off you will need to turn right. When you see a huge window with a single crack running along the middle take the hallway in front of it, it should be to your right. If you keep following that hallway you’ll be able to find the exit. Hide somewhere nearby until you see anyone with a black mask like the one we’re wearing come out. They’ll help you. I’m going to separate from you here and help my team take down Myung,” Lily instructed as she handed Jimin something else. Jimin looked at his hand to see that the object Lily had given him was a gun. Jimin immediately dropped it.

“I’m not using that,” Jimin stated staring at the object on the ground in horror.

“You don’t have to, it will help you bluff your way out should you encounter anyone,” Lily replied as she picked it up and forced it into his hands again. “But if worse comes to worse please use it.”

“I don’t know how to.”

“The safety is already off, all you need to do is aim and shoot.”

“...I don't want it,” Jimin said trying to give it back. He did not want to think about having to shoot someone. The thought was horrifying and while he would hurt anyone who tried to hurt him, he felt guns were too risky and would result in a higher chance of death.

“Jimin I understand you don’t like guns but it will help keep you safe from them,” Lily tried to reason refusing to take the gun back.

“I have my scalpel, if you want, give me a knife. But I’m not using a gun,” Jimin replied gritting his teeth and refusing to accept the gun.

“You think a knife will be enough? They’ll have guns!”

“Which they won’t use cause they need me alive!”

“Oh if you think Myung won’t let them shoot you, you’re completely wrong.”

“I know Myung will let them shoot me, but he wouldn’t want me damaged in any way that would take too long to recover. So they will all be hesitant to shoot me if they don’t have a clear shot.”

“I wouldn’t bet on that… Look, just take the gun and don’t use it if you really don’t think you need it,” Lily said again. “I really have to get going; this mission is time sensitive. We both need to go now.”

Without giving Jimin a chance to protest, she pulled open the door and shoved him out. She pushed him in the direction he needed to go and said, “Remember left, elevator, top, right, right, exit, hide!”  Then she started running the opposite way. Jimin felt his face furrow in anxiety as he looked at the gun in his hand once again. Then he took in a deep breath and started heading forward intent on following Lily’s instructions.

He made it to the elevators without trouble and it made him wonder where everyone was. There was no way Myung didn’t have everyone in the building looking for him, so where was everyone? Maybe this had to do with operation Bluebell? Jimin was really curious about what it was but he had decided against asking since they were trying to escape and all.

He made it to the top floor and realized that the rest of the floors must be underground. He peeked outside and saw no one so he quickly stepped out and looked down both hallways trying to remember if he was supposed to go left or right. “Left..elevator...top...right?” He questioned himself and then went right. As he walked looking for the window Lily had mentioned, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter