Chapter 10

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently, the shop Jungkook took him to sold high-end suits. They are all so expensive, and at reading one of the price tags Jimin immediately requested they go somewhere less expensive. It wasn’t that Jimin couldn’t afford the suits, he just thought they were ridiculously priced and he did not want to waste money since he often used his own money to fund anything extra in his projects when he was going a bit above budget he’d been granted by the board of directors.

“Relax darling. I’m paying, just try some of them out.” Jungkook reassured as he browsed through the suits and picked a few he thought would look good on Jimin. Jimin wanted to reprimand Jungkook for calling him darling again but decided to let it slide for now.

“I can’t let you pay Jungkook, it’s too mu-” Jimin was cut off when Jungkook handed him three different suits and told him to try them on.

“It’s fine. I’m paying for it because according to the terms of the contract, I am going to be providing you with all living expenses which includes clothing. And you really do need a good suit for this party.” Jungkook said.

Jimin sighed before going into the dressing room and changing. He tried all three but Jungkook rejected them and handed him a few more to try.

After the seventh suit, Jimin was starting to wonder if Jungkook was playing with him again or if he really didn’t think the suits (pun not intended, he swears it) suit him. He honestly thought they hadn’t looked too bad.

“Jungkook this is the tenth one you’ve made me try...do I really look that bad in all of them?” Jimin finally asked.

“No. You looked fine in all of them.” Jungkook replied offhandedly as he continued to browse around. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“What? If they looked fine why am I trying on more?” Jimin questioned.

“Because that’s the problem. They look fine . But you need to look exceptional because you’re one of a kind darling.” Jungkook answered with a teasing smile, making Jimin’s annoyance grow. Seriously this kid, now that he’d confessed, his teasing and flirting had gone up a notch.

“I swear Jungkook if you continue flirting with me like that I might just reject you right now,” Jimin said as he left to try on yet another suit.

“Oh come on darling. You know you like it.” Jungkook insisted.

“No...I don’t...you’re getting to be too much.” Jimin replied as he came out to show Jungkook the suit.

“Hmm, fine if you really mean that. But I like complimenting you, sometimes I even make you blush a bit.” Jungkook said motioning for him to turn around and Jimin complied.

“Only cause some of the things you say are really embarrassing!” Jimin defends.

“Yea, yea, I’d only ever say them to you, darling. Hmm, this one's no good either. Try this one on.” Jungkook said handing Jimin another suit. Jimin let out another sigh of annoyance.

“Come on Jungkook you said the others were fine, can we just pick one and go? I’m getting tired.” Jimin complained but went to try on the new suit.

“Just a few more, if I don’t find one I like within the next three you can just pick one and go.” Jungkook promised. Jimin sighed as he finished putting on the new suit. Jungkook had made him try on a variety of maroon and gray suits. A few blue and navy blue. And now he was switching to black and white. Jimin stepped out again and Jungkook stared at the suit a moment before shaking his head again and giving Jimin another one. Jimin huffed in annoyance and hurriedly donned the new one on before exiting once more. As soon as he stepped out Jungkook made him turn.

“Hmm…” Jungkook looked like he was really concentrating.

“I swear if you say no one mo-” Jimin started but was cut off.

“Just one more promise this is the last one,” Jungkook said offering him one more suit. Jimin grabbed it in anger and marched back into the dressing room, quickly shedding off the one he was wearing and angrily putting the other one on. He stepped out, irritation still written on his face and immediately demanding they leave.

“I tried it on! Now say no, pick one and let’s go!” Jimin huffed already going back into the room to change back into his normal clothes.

“Wait!” Jungkook stopped him grabbing his hand and turning him so they were face to face. Jimin finally looked at Jungkook’s expression and noticed that he wasn’t scrutinizing the suit like he had all the others.

“I think this one is perfect it just needs one thing,” Jungkook says pulling the tie Jimin was wearing off and replacing it with a long thin black ribbon that was on a table nearby which he tied it a bow. The ends of the ribbon going down the front of the white shirt till it reached the first button of the black coat worn over the shirt.

“Perfect!” Jungkook exclaimed smiling. Jimin stared at the bow and then looked into one of the many mirrors that littered the store, and finally actually looked at what he was wearing. The black pants were a comfortable fit and loosely hugged his thighs, the coat also fit snugly and came to a stop just above his thighs. The coat had a single button that was located at about waist level so the white button up shirt could be seen underneath. The collar of the shirt had some sort of intricate green design that was emphasized by the bow Jungkook had put on him. Overall, Jimin looked good, and he had to hand it to Jungkook, none of the other suits had looked this good on him.

“Well, I take it you agree by your silence?” Jungkook confirmed and Jimin glanced at him before nodding and then heading back to the dressing room to change. When he stepped out with the suit Jungkook was already paying for it and a lady came to Jimin who packaged up the suit for him. Jungkook took the bag and then they left.

“It’s already getting late, let’s grab something to eat quickly and then head back. What would you like to eat?” Jungkook asked as he started the car.

“Hmm...anything works for me. When’s the party?” Jimin asked.

“It starts at nine but we need to leave the mansion by eight thirty because it’s a thirty-minute drive to the place,” Jungkook answered as he began to drive.

“You never told me what the party was for,” Jimin notes as he glances at the time and sees they have about four hours on hand.

“Oh, it’s a party to celebrate his new business deal and it doubles as a party to celebrate the fact he’s back in town I guess. I talked to him earlier today, and apparently, he’s going to stay longer than a week this time.” Jungkook replied with a bitter tone.

“You don’t sound happy?” Jimin noticed.

“I’m not…” Jungkook said with a sigh before continuing, “..I don’t like my dad much. He...he hasn’t been around much even before mom’s incident.”

“I guessed that...but I get the feeling it’s more than that?” Jimin said going with his instincts.

“Well…” Jungkook paused not sure if he should really tell Jimin.

“You know you can talk to me. I won’t psychoanalyze you or anything.” Jimin said with a shrug.

“I don’t believe that. You kinda analyze everyone you come into contact with.” Jungkook retorted with a small smile at his own observations.

“Fine. I will psychoanalyze you. But that’s not a bad thing. And I don’t mean to do it” Jimin countered.

“Never said it was darling. In fact, I’m sure it’s one of the greatest things about you. Being able to analyze people and know what to say to them. I wish I could do that” Jungkook said seeming a little envious.

“It’s not that great a thing Jungkook. And I can’t analyze everyone.” Jimin retorted.

“You can analyze most people, and those you can’t are rare, I’m sure. And honestly I can’t see any downsides to being able to analyze people, what’s not to like about knowing just how to talk to people so they’ll like you?” Jungkook asks.

“You know, a long time ago, I did just that. I made everyone like me by analyzing them and then behaving in a way they’d like. But after a while, it got tiresome. I wasn’t me around those people. I was whoever they wanted me to be. And that becomes tiresome, being someone who’s not actually you all the time. So I began to avoid people. I avoided social gatherings whenever I could and didn’t talk to many people anymore. I stopped taking on patients and focused on research. After a while people left me alone too, and I no longer had to put up an act all the time. Sure I was no longer surround by people either, but I prefer being alone and being myself than being surrounded and having to put on an act. I still do I think. I’m not really sure how I’d act around others now since I’m never with more than three or four people at a time...ah sorry for talking so much, I had a point to all this. My point was that it doesn’t matter that you can’t analyze people deeply, we all make quick snap decisions on what another person will be like, and that’s usually enough to help us interact. Anything more is too much, it changes you. It’s honestly better to be yourself than to try and be someone else just so others will like you.” Jimin finished his rather long lecture and silence descended on them for a few moments. Jungkook digested all that Jimin said while Jimin sat silent waiting for some sort of response.

“I...I never thought about it like that...I guess you’re right” Jungkook finally replied with a thoughtful expression as he parks the car near a restaurant.

“Well we’re here, I come here often, they serve the best lamb skewers. But they have a lot of other dishes if you don’t want that.” Jungkook said getting out of the car and racing to open Jimin’s door for him.

“Lamb skewers are fine with me,” Jimin stated as he got out of the car thanking Jungkook, and then they both went into the restaurant. They both received menus and Jimin looked over the option quickly deciding what he wants. They ordered their food and made small talk as they waited for their food. Once their food arrived they dug in. Jimin thought the food was really good and complimented Jungkook’s choice in restaurants. They both stole from each other’s plate as well. Overall, they had a lot of fun, and Jimin enjoyed his time. An hour later they left the restaurant and went home to get ready.

Jimin decided to read a bit before getting ready since he had the time. He was happy that he was able to spend more time reading now that he didn’t have any projects lined up. After two hours of reading he finally decided to get ready. He took a quick shower before changing into the suit, after debating a little bit he decided to put on some makeup to touch up his features. When he was finished he gave himself one last inspection before heading out of his room. He knocked on Jungkook’s door and after hearing a small ‘come in’, he went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter