Chapter 55

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Jungkook’s POV*

The computer screen suddenly went black as the call between Jungkook and Woobin ended. Jungkook stared at the screen blankly for a couple of seconds before looking down at his cellphone and frowning. He decided to wait and see if General Woobin would call him and in the meantime he texted Jimin. He waited a couple of seconds but there was no instantaneous reply which put Jungkook on edge. So far he’d been getting immediate replies from Jimin. He waited a couple of minutes and still nothing. He glanced at the computer screen to see Woobin hadn’t tried to recontact him. After two more minutes had passed since he’d texted Jimin and the video call had somehow ended, Jungkook decided he shouldn’t waste anymore time. Jungkook was worried and so he started calling Woobin but the call went straight to voicemail. Still he kept trying and finally after the fifth try Woobin answered.

“Hello Jungkook, I’m sorry about the video call and not answering the phone. Something ca-” Woobin began but Jungkook cut in being more concerned about Jimin.

“I texted Jimin over five minutes ago and he still hasn’t responded,” Jungkook said into the phone as he began pacing his room.

Woobin was silent for a moment and Jungkook stopped pacing.

“Hello?” Jungkook asked afraid he’d been disconnected again.

“I’m sorry, but we lost sight of Jimin,” Woobin said.

“What?” Jungkook asked wide-eyed before shouting “What do you mean you lost sight of him?! You were supposed to keep him safe!”

“I know please lis-” Woobin started but Jungkook cut him off again.

“How could you just lose sight of him?! You had men stationed everywhere, you didn’t even let me send any of my own men! On top of that, the bodyguard I secretly sent to trail Jimin was intercepted by one of your men!”

“I am aware of that. I’m sorry, but Myung had many spies in my division and we di-”

“Many spies? How many is many? And how could you not know there were spies within your own branch?!” Jungkook yelled outraged.

“It’s not that I di-”

“How many of your men betrayed you exactly?”

“About half of them that went out today were working with Myung but wit-”

“Half?! How the did you not know about that many spies?! What kind of general are you?!” Jungkook yelled not comprehending how this could have happened.

“Jungkook-ah, I know how you feel, but please stop cutting me off and just listen.” General Woobin requested in a low tone.

Jungkook didn’t want to listen, he wanted to scream some more, maybe even cry. What was he going to do now? How was he going to get Jimin back? What would he say to Jimin’s mom? She’d be livid about the fact they hadn’t informed her about this beforehand (though Jungkook had wanted to, it was Jimin who’d been against it).

“Fine,” Jungkook said, tone still indicating his anger.

“Thank you. As I was trying to say, Myung originally had about a third of my men actually working for him. Half of those went on this mission. These spies if you will, Myung sent them a long time ago. They’ve been working here for a long time and Myung thought I didn’t know. But what he and most of the unit doesn’t know, is that I already know about the spies. My whole division is filled with spies from different gangs and mafia families among other criminal organizations. In all honesty, I’d say only 10% of the men in my division are unaffiliated with any organization.” Woobin said.

“10%? That’s it?” Jungkook asked surprised. How did the general even function with so many spies around him? And if he knew, why wasn’t he doing anything about them.

“Yes, 10%. Now among the 90% who are supposed to be spies, only 5% are actually spies. The other 95% are working for me, they are double agents”

“Wait...so they weren’t really spies?”

“They were originally, but I managed to get them on my side. I watch carefully and figure out how I can sway them and eventually manage to get them to become my spies. Everything they were instructed to do and what their original bosses plans are I know. I plan things out very carefully so their leaders won’t figure out they’ve been betrayed. The same applies to Myung. Remember how I said about half of the men on this mission were Myung’s? While that is true, within that group of 7 men, 5 are actually my spies now.”

“...ok, so...you know where they took Jimin?”

“No. Myung is tricky, if he weren’t I would h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter