Chapter 1

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italics=flashback

“You lost, now you are mine” The black haired male smirked, fully satisfied with the results. On the other hand, the orange haired male was trembling in fear and disbelief. Jimin couldn’t believe what was happening, he was unsure of what the black haired male even meant. ‘Now you are mine’ what did that even mean? He didn’t even know the smirking male’s name, all he knew about the other male was that he had the power to ruin Jimin’s life. Everything had happened so suddenly, and Jimin was more than a little disoriented. He honestly didn’t understand how things had turned out this way. All he recalled was the black haired male walking into his office, with two bodyguards on either side of him, asking in a sickly sweet voice, “wanna play a game?” while placing a chess board onto the table.

Jimin had looked up from his writing, glancing at the chess board, and then blinking at the tall man and the two intimidating bodyguards who’d just entered his office. He’d never seen them before in his life, and so he could not understand what they were doing there. You see, Jimin was a world renowned scientist/psychologist. However he preferred doing research to actually seeing patients, and so he was most often cooped up in his lab avoiding all social interactions as much as possible. He’d recently finished his last project and was now working on his proposal for a new one which he’d be presenting in less than a week's time to the board of directors for revision and funding. The week before his proposal is due is the week he avoids all human interaction. Everyone knows that he hates being disturbed and so all his colleagues leave him alone, and anyone who wanted to meet with him would have to schedule an appointment for a later time. No one ever just barged into his office, and so the fact that three men were standing in front of his desk without any prior warning was quite surprising to Jimin. He seriously wondered why they were here and why the black haired one had asked him to play a game of chess with him. It was all rather weird.

“Uh...no?” Jimin finally answered blissfully unaware of what was to come. The male in front of him stared at him pointedly before speaking. “Look, you have two choices. Either you play this game with me and if I win, I own you; but if you win I will fund your new research, whatever it is and whatever the cost from now onwards for as long as you work here…” the male paused to see if Jimin had anything to say to that. Jimin merely shook his head at the proposition before speaking rather calmly despite the ridiculousness he felt about the situation. “No, I don’t like that deal, I’d rather not take my chances,” he stated before going back to his writing and hoping the man would just leave. The man didn’t leave instead he sighed before speaking once more.

“Hey, I said you only had two choices. The other is I fire you right here, right now, and make sure you never get a job at any other research institution.” The male finished with a frown upon his bunny-like features. Jimin stopped writing and looked up at the man in front of him with wide eyes. “Wha-...why ar-...you...can't possibly... do that?” Jimin stuttered out. The frowning male suddenly smirked at Jimin and placed his arms across his chest before replying with a sly tone, “Of course I can, darling. I own this place and many other firms around the world. I can easily tarnish your carefully built reputation in a matter of seconds, making you unable to work in this field ever again...so what’s it gonna be? Will you play now?” the male asked, the smirk not leaving his face. Jimin was baffled by this. What was going on? Why was this man threatening him? Who was he anyway? Jimin looked away from the man and towards the chess board before asking in a slightly shaky voice, “wh..who are you?” He looked back up at the black haired male with a frown not liking this tall male.

“If you don’t already know, then you don’t need to know now. Make your decision already, I’ll answer your questions after the game.” The male said and then sent his bodyguards out the door and took a seat in front of the desk. Jimin watched the bodyguards leave before focusing his attention back to the male in front of him.

“How...do I know what you said is even true then?” Jimin dared to ask, starting to wonder if the man was possibly bluffing.

“Oh darling, do you really want to take that chance? Do you really think I can’t do what I’ve promised?” The male said with a sly smile plastered to his face as he set up the board. Jimin knew he wouldn’t take the chance, and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter