Chapter 40

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin spent the morning with Mrs. Jeon talking to her and explaining to her what she had. He also explained what he’d be doing as therapy and prescribed a small dosage of Anafranil which he’d asked Taehyung to pick up for her later on. After his session with Mrs. Jeon, he began planning for his date with Jungkook. After thinking for a bit and looking online he decided to go with a cliche date to the aquarium. He also decided he was going to buy a gift for their one month anniversary, and to figure out what type of present to get, he went to ask Jin for help. He found the elder in the garden and so he helped Jin gather the vegetables he was going to use for dinner.

“Jin hyung, what would Jungkook like as a present?” Jimin asked after making some small talk.

“If it’s from you? Anything.” The elder answered with a smile but this only made Jimin pout.

“Hyungggg help me!” Jimin pleaded.

“Alright. Why do you want to buy him a present anyway?” Jin asked.

“Our one month anniversary is coming up in about a week,” Jimin answered.

“Oh wow, has it been a month already?” Jin asked somewhat rhetorically and Jimin nodded.

“Hmm...well instead of buying him something maybe you could make him something?” Jin suggested.

“Like what?” Jimin asked.

“Well, you could make a meal or maybe bake him something? He really loves sweets so maybe you could bake him a cake or tart.” Jin continued.

“Hmm...but I’m not the best at baking. And you already make such amazing meals, I doubt he’d want to eat mine over yours.” Jimin said contemplating the idea.

“Trust me on this. He’d eat anything you made for him over my cooking any day.” Jin assured with a shake of his head.

“...fine, but will you help me? And I still want to buy him something.” Jimin requested.

“Alright.” Jin agreed. And the two talked some more and Jimin finally settled on a gift and had a day set aside to learn how to make tarts with Jin.

“So how are things with Namjoon hyung?” Jimin asked as he helped Jin with the dinner preparations.

“Well...he called me to tell me he was back early,” Jin said with a smile.

“Oh, nice! So when are you two meeting?” Jimin asked curiously.

“We have a date set for two days from now,” Jin answered.

“Cool, what are you planning to do?”

“I’m not sure, he’s planning the day. I’m just supposed to meet him at this shop near the park.”

“Are you going to confess?”

“I’m planning too,” Jin admitted.

“I hope it goes well hyung,” Jimin said smiling.

“Me too,” Jin replied.

It was late in the afternoon when Jimin entered his room to find his phone ringing. He went over to see who it was and saw it was his mom, he had decided to call her his mom in his head at least. He contemplated on whether to answer it or not. He knew he couldn’t avoid talking to her, but he also wasn’t sure if he was ready to talk to her. He also knew she was most likely calling because he hadn’t called her that week. While thinking about the pros and cons of answering the phone, it stopped ringing. Jimin sighed and reluctantly checked to see if she’d left a voicemail. He was surprised to see no voice mail but that she had called over four times over the last hour. He wondered if maybe she hadn’t called just to check up on him. Because if she had, she’d have left a message. A minute later his phone began ringing again, after letting it ring for a few seconds, he reluctantly answered the call.

“Hello?” Jimin frowned as he spoke trying to sound normal.

“Jimin! Where are you? I’ve called you five times already! It’s not like you to not have your phone by you!” His mom said in a panicked voice.

“Sorry. I left it behind...why are you calling so much?” Jimin asked, knowing she’d pick up the hostility in his voice.

“Jimin is something wrong?” she asked worry evident in her tone.

“Nothing. Why are you calling?” Jimin continued with a sigh.

“...You haven’t called me this week, is everything ok?.”

“Everything’s fine, what about you and dad?”

“...We’re okay...baby I know something is bothering you, won’t you tell me?”

“I said it was nothing.”

“...Okay, I won’t push.”

“Good...is that all? I’m kind of busy, so if there’s nothing else to be said, I need to go.” Jimin said harshly giving up on pretending he was okay.

“Sorry...I was just calling to make sure you were alright and to tell you we’re coming home the day after tomorrow.” his mom said, she sounded hurt by Jimin’s blatant dismissal of her call.

“Wait? Why? Did something happen?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter