Chapter 37

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin spent well over an hour crying. Well more like he would sob for a bit, try to calm down and talk, and end up a sobbing mess again. The cycle kept repeating until he was finally out of tears to shed, but sobs still racked his body and he couldn’t bring himself to speak. Jungkook stayed with him his back, held him tightly, mumbling soft comforting words, telling him to take his time, and tenderly wiped away at Jimin’s tears from time to time. When Jimin finally calmed down and began hiccuping from all his crying, Jungkook slowly pulled away and got Jimin a water bottle from the few that were lined on the bedside table. Jimin thanked him and took tentative sips. Jungkook climbed back onto the bed and sat beside Jimin pulling Jimin back into his lap and resting his head on Jimin’s shoulder while his arms encircled Jimin’s waist. He waited patiently while Jimin drank the water. When Jimin was no longer hiccuping, he capped the bottle having drunk half of it. That was when Jungkook decided to speak.

“Minnie?” Jungkook whispered softly and Jimin turned to look at him. “Do you want to talk now?” Jungkook asked quietly when he saw Jimin looking at him. Jimin took in a shaky breath before nodding his head. As a psychologist Jimin knew he had to talk about it, but as a person he wasn’t so sure he wanted too.

“Don’t force yourself Minnie. I’ll wait.” Jungkook said quietly when Jimin didn’t speak and Jimin nodded his head in acknowledgment. He turned away from Jungkook but leaned back into Jungkook’s embrace letting a small sigh escape his lips as he gathered his thoughts and began to form sentences.

“I..I want to talk...but...there’s just so much...so much I remembered...I remember mom dying… but it turns out she’s...not...not my m-mother...a-and...h-he...he was….father…” Jimin stopped talking trying to get his thoughts organized into proper sentences since he knew Jungkook was probably confused.

“Kookie...my mom...she wasn’t...she wasn’t actually my mom...she admitted it that day to...the guy who was holding us...hostage...she claimed I was...that guy’s...son…” Jimin stopped talking once again and turned his whole body around so he was straddling Jungkook. Jungkook looked at Jimin confused and surprised. Jimin pressed his left cheek into Jungkook’s chest, letting it rest there. He could hear Jungkook’s heartbeat and found it’s steady rhythm soothing, so he listened to it for a few seconds before continuing.

“The woman I’d known as my mom...she wasn’t really my mom...she’s...she’s actually my aunt….and aunt Eunji...she’s my...m-mom...n-not my aunt….Eunji is my mom.” Jimin managed to get out.

“....Eunji...is your mom?” Jungkook asked trying to wrap his own head around the statement while Jimin nodded against his chest.

“...Areum...who I had always thought was...my mom...is not...she’s not even my aunt really...since she divorced...my dad...who’s actually my...uncle…?” Jimin was just beginning to understand just how much he’d been lied too. It wasn’t just that his mom wasn’t his mom, or that aunt Eunji wasn’t aunt Eunji...it stretched beyond that. His dad wasn’t his dad, instead it was Myung...who was basically a stranger to Jimin.

“That’s...surprising,” Jungkook said after a moment of silence and Jimin nodded.

“What’s more surprising is...my dad...my real dad...was the one who was holding us hostage that day.” Jimin stuttered out before lifting his head up to see Jungkook’s reaction. Jungkook’s eyes were comically wide and made Jimin feel a little better about everything. Jimin had felt the whole memory was insane and seeing Jungkook’s reaction helped him deal with the insanity of it all.

“...I’m...very confused,” Jungkook admitted after another moment of silence and Jimin placed his cheek back onto Jungkook’s chest to listen to the younger’s heartbeat again.

“I know...I am too..” Jimin whispered before new tears formed at his eyes and began to slowly fall. He began to recount the whole memory from the beginning and explain to Jungkook what exactly had happened. All the while he listened to Jungkook’s heartbeat and it helped him remain calm while recalling the memory. After finishing they both sat in silence for a moment.

“That’s...a lot to take in…” Jungkook finally said hugging Jimin closer and Jimin nodded against his chest.

“What are you going to do now?” Jungkook asked.

“...I don’t know….I want to...to ask aunt...I mean...my mom...my real mom...about...certain things…but...I don’t know if she...if she’d talk to me about them.” Jimin said thinking about how he’d talk to his...well mom… after this. It was still weird for him to think of Eunji as his mother, he was so used to thinking of her as being his aunt.

“I think...I think she’ll talk to you, you have a right to know after all...are you going to wait until she returns?” Jungkook asked knowing Jimin would probably want to talk to her in person. Jimin wondered if he should wait till she returned, that was still a month away. But could he really talk to her about such a heavy topic over the phone? Jimin thought about it and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter