Chapter 32

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was ready to go by five thirty. He had packed two sets of clothing, his pajamas, plus his formal attire for the lecture he’d be giving later that day. He knew Jungkook had already reserved a hotel nearby for them since they planned to stay a night or two. He decided to read until Jungkook came to get him, which didn’t take long.

Jungkook knocked on his door around five fifty and then after exchanging their greetings and a few kisses, the both of them were on their way. Jungkook drove and Jimin talked to him to make sure he wouldn’t fall asleep while driving. After a couple hours of driving, they stopped for breakfast at a small diner off the side of the highway. The place was nice and had decent food. Jimin got strawberry pancakes while Jungkook had decided on buttermilk pancakes.

“How is the food? Would you like anything else? Syrup or honey maybe?” a waiter asked when they stopped by to make sure the couple didn’t need anything else.

“It’s good, I’m fine, I don’t need anything. Jimin?” Jungkook said to the waiter before turning to Jimin to make sure Jimin was fine as well.

“No, I’m good too. Thank you.” Jimin said to the waiter with a smile. The waiter nodded and went off to check on another table.

“The servers here are nice,” Jungkook commented.

“Yea, they have good customer service.” Jimin agreed.

“Anyway open your mouth Jimin,” Jungkook said all of a sudden.

“Why?” Jimin questioned but then realized what Jungkook wanted when Jungkook placed his fork with a bit of his pancake on them in front of Jimin’s lips. Jimin complied and opened his mouth so Jungkook could feed him. Jimin chewed the offered food, savoring the flavor.

“How is it?” Jungkook asked.

“Hmm...good. But mine are way better.” Jimin declared taking a bit of his pancakes onto his fork and stretching his arm out to offer it to Jungkook. Jungkook took the offered bite and chewed thoughtfully.

“Well?” Jimin asked wanting to hear Jungkook’s opinion.

“It’s good, maybe just a tad better than mine.” Jungkook relented with a smile and Jimin giggled.

“Not just a ‘tad’. You mean definitely better than yours!” Jimin said taking another bite of his pancakes.

“You just say that because you love strawberries,” Jungkook argued looking amused.

“That I do.” Jimin acknowledged.

They continued to eat and talk, Jungkook would occasionally steal pieces of Jimin’s strawberry pancakes and offer his own as repayment with a cheeky smile. Jimin wasn’t bothered by any of it but he pretended to be irritated and called Jungkook a brat, which only made Jungkook laugh. Jimin actually finished his food since he was now in the habit of eating breakfast thanks to Jungkook. After they finished their food, Jungkook told Jimin to wait in the car while he paid.

“I can pay for myself.” Jimin insisted.

“I know. But I want to pay so let me.” Jungkook persisted.

“..But you always pay. You only let me pay for that one date.” Jimin said frowning.

“I like paying for things when it comes to you. I like treating you. Please let me pay?” Jungkook requested.

“...Fine but I’m paying next time. I should be allowed to treat you as well. It’s not just you who gets fulfillment out of treating others” Jimin said.

“Ok next time you can. Promise.” Jungkook responded and so Jimin went to the car to wait for Jungkook just as requested. When Jungkook got into the driver’s seat he placed a box on Jimin’s lap before starting the engine.

“What’s this?” Jimin asked quirking an eyebrow.

“Open it and see,” Jungkook responded with a delighted smile. Jimin opened the box and saw a strawberry tart inside.

“Is this why you wanted to pay?” Jimin asked with a smile as he picked up the spoon beside the treat to take a bite.

“Yep,” Jungkook replied beaming at him happily before he turned to look at the road and start driving.

“Thanks, Kookie,” Jimin said taking a bite of the sweet treat and feeling satisfied with how yummy it tasted (but it wasn’t as good as Granny’s pie).

“You’re welcome.” Jungkook chirped.

Jimin enjoyed his treat and even fed Jungkook half of it while he drove. Jungkook decided to turn on the radio but found nothing interesting to listen to, so Jimin picked one of the many CD’s Jungkook had stashed away in the compartment in front of the passenger’s seat. After finishing the tart Jimin began to get sleepy and so he ended up falling asleep while listening to the songs playing from the CD. When he woke up they were pretty much at their destination, just thirty minutes away.

“Sorry I fell asleep,” Jimin said as he rubbed at his eyes.

“Hmm? Oh, you’re up. Don’t be sorry, what is there to be sorry for?” Jungkook responded as he shifted his gaze to Jimin for a second before returning to the road.

“Well you must be tired too but you can’t sleep because you’re driving. So it’s not fair” Jimin replied yawning and Jungkook chuckled at that.

“It’s fine Minnie. I can rest when we reach the hotel.” Jungkook said.

“Hmm...maybe I should try to get my license? Then we could take turns driving.” Jimin mused.

“If you want. I really don’t mind driving, though.” Jungkook responded.

“I know..but still I’d like to help...I want to get my license.” Jimin stated.

“You really don’t need to..but if that’s what you really want, I’ll help you. I’ll teach you how to drive when you get your permit” Jungkook said as he pulled up to the hotel’s parking lot. They both got out of the car and Jungkook held Jimin’s hand as they walked into the hotel to check in.

A few hours later Jimin was ready to do the guest lecture and Jungkook had just woken up from a nap. After Jungkook changed he and Jimin headed to the university campus. Since they had a little bit of time before Jimin had to deliver his lecture, Jimin decided to show Jungkook around campus.

“Hey, Jungkook where did you go to college?” Jimin asked as they walked towards the office of the professor who’d contacted Jimin.

“I went to college in the states,” Jungkook answered.

“Oh?”

“Yea, I went to one of those ivy league schools. It was quite an experience and I enjoyed it. I got my business degree and then started working for my father, slowly acquiring all the skills I’d need to eventually take over.” Jungkook continued.

“That’s cool...do you want to take over after your father?” Jimin questioned wondering if Jungkook’s apparent dislike for his father might stem from knowing he’d be taking over the company someday.

“Yea, I actually do. I might never have had much of a choice when it came to this matter, I mean I only got a business degree because it was expected of me...but despite that, once I started working in the company I actually found that I like doing this type of work. It’s annoying someti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter