Chapter 36

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin woke up again with a start, his heart racing, his head still pounding, his breathing rapid, and his body shaking. He felt tears staining his cheeks and he knew his body had broken out into a cold sweat. Jimin felt very disoriented and the vision was still fresh in his mind causing him to feel frightened and let out a choked sob. Suddenly arms encircled him and he was pulled into Jungkook’s chest. Jungkook held onto him tightly rubbing circles into his back.

“Shhh, it’s ok Minnie. Whatever you saw was in the past. You’ll be alright. I’m here. I’ve got you.” Jungkook whispered into Jimin’s ear. Jimin began to calm down, his body stopped shaking and his breathing returned to normal but his head still ached only gaining in intensity as the minutes dragged on.

“How are you feeling Minnie? Do you think you’re going to faint again?” Jungkook asked after a few moments of silence. Jimin shook his head, even though the pain in his head was still there it wasn’t at the level where he’d end up fainting yet.

“Do you need anything? Medicine? Water? Anything at all?” Jungkook continued wanting to make sure Jimin was going to be fine.

“No Kookie...I’m ok. Just….visions…” Jimin attempted to explain but couldn’t bring himself to say much about what he’d remembered and he had a sinking feeling that it wasn’t over yet. He was probably going to remember more pretty soon if the intensity of the throbbing in his head was any indication of when he’d end up remembering.

“I know Minnie... I know... were they scary?” Jungkook asked looking at Jimin in concern. Jimin nodded hesitantly.

“Sorry…do you want to talk about it yet? Or do you want me to leave you alone for a bit?” Jungkook asked feeling sympathetic.

“..I’m probably going to remember more pretty soon….please don’t leave,” Jimin whispered feeling terrified. He knew that it was the past and that he was safe at the moment, but he couldn’t help the fear that was creeping up inside him from remembering these things. He also felt a sense of dread over what he’d probably remember next.

“I won’t leave. I’ll stay and hold you for as long as you need me to.” Jungkook whispered back squeezing Jimin tightly so he’d know he wasn’t alone. Jimin nodded and wrapped his arms around Jungkook too. He felt protected in Jungkook’s arms and it calmed him down, he was very thankful for that. Jimin slipped back into another vision while Jungkook held him and whispered reassurances.

“No! He’s your son!” Jimin hears his mom scream as the gun fires. Jimin has seen enough movies to know getting shot is supposed to hurt but he doesn’t feel any pain besides what he’d already been feeling from the wound on his arm. Apparently, the bullet didn’t actually hit him, it hit the table next to him. Even so, he is very frightened and tears stream down his face at a fast rate. He’s also very disoriented so much so that he doesn’t realize the implications of what his mother just said, he was just hearing their voices and not registering their words completely.

“Wh..what did you just say?” The man turns away from Jimin to look at Jimin’s mother, Areum, in utter disbelief.

“My….son?” The man continues when Jimin’s mother just cries pitifully. “How is that possible?!” The man demands after the thought has finally solidified in his mind.

“You’re right I can’t have kids, but Jimin’s not an orphan! He’s Eunji’s son….He’s...he’s your son. He was born five months after you disappeared.” Areum explains, her eyes wide and pleading for the man not to hurt Jimin anymore.

“That’s...that’s not...possible.” The man stutters out glaring at Jimin once again trying to find any evidence that what Areum was saying was true.

“It is Myung. She even named him Jimin, what more evidence do you need?” Areum asks feeling utterly helpless now. She just spilled Eunji’s biggest secret to the two people Eunji would never want to find out, Jimin and Jimin’s real father, Myung. Jimin sat on the floor unmoving, tears running down his face as he tries to comprehend everything the person he’d known to be his mother was saying. This man, Myung, who’d almost shot him... was his father? Aunt Eunji... was actually his mother? Jimin couldn’t wrap his head around it all. He’d been lied to all his life? Why?

“...boss is it possible what she’s saying is true?” One of the men speaks up. Myung looks away from Jimin and to the man with brown hair who’d spoken up.

“What’s it to you if it is?” Myung asks looking at the other male in a challenging manner.

“You aren’t supposed to have a family, those are the conditions that were set forth for anyone who joins this gang.” comes the reply.

“So?” Myung continues to question.

“So if the kid is yours, you have family and we’ll have to take him in and report this to the higher ups. And you’re not going to like how that ends.” Another man with gray hair steps forwards and says looking defiant.

“He’s not my kid! And even if he was there’s no way I’d let you people drag him into that kind of life. I’d kill him before I let you guys take him.” Myung says.

“Like you could kill your own kid.” The gray-haired man snorts.

“I could. I’ve killed plenty of children. This one can’t be mine.” Myung says but his men can see the doubt written all over his face.

“Then kill him already. If you really don’t believe he’s yours.” the brown haired male says.

“Myung please I beg you to spare him! He’s your child for god’s sake!” Areum shouts fed up with how all these men kept talking about killing Jimin so lightly.

“Shut up ! I don’t even ing believe you!” Myung shouts back aiming his gun at her and shooting it. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter