Chapter 18

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days passed by in a flash and Jimin still didn’t know what to do with the company. He was becoming stressed since he was running out of time. He had come up with countless ideas but none of them seemed to be ideal, and knowing how rude those shareholders were, they’d probably rip his ideas to shreds. Jungkook wasn’t making things any easier for him. Jungkook had picked up something was stressing Jimin out and was constantly trying to get an answer out of him, but Jimin kept brushing him off. Jimin didn’t want his help yet, he wanted to handle the problem on his own, if he let Jungkook help, those shareholders would just critique him more.

No, he couldn’t ask Jungkook for help. He needed to figure things out on his own. He needed to accomplish this without anyone’s help so that he could gain some respect from those shareholders. This was his only chance since he’d never interacted with the shareholders of his father’s company before. If he didn’t succeed in gaining their respect, they would spread rumors about him to the other shareholders in the company. It would only go downhill from there. If he didn’t gain their respect, he would be labeled incompetent. If he actually got that label, then any fluctuation in the company’s income, mainly a decrease, would be seen as his fault and any increase would be seen as plain luck. But if there were to be a decrease in their revenues in the upcoming month it wouldn't matter if he had their respect. Because if they respected him, they’d trust him to fix things. But if they didn’t, then everything his father had worked for would most likely be ruined. In the end, this was a test for Jimin, to see if he was actually fit to run the company while his father was away.

It was late afternoon and Jimin had just returned to his room after his session with Mrs. Jeon. He had barely his laptop when he got a phone call from his dad’s secretary.

“Jimin, I’ve been calling you for the last ten minutes, where were you?” she questioned.

“Uh, I was working with a patient. Why? What’s wrong?” Jimin asked.

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong? Did you forget you had a meeting with your father’s shareholder today?” she demanded.

“What? Meeting?....No, we don’t have one set up...At least not today.” Jimin answered.

“You don’t? Then why are they claiming you do? They are waiting for you now by the way.” she said.

“What?! Seriously? Why? Um...ok just patch me in.” Jimin said hanging up and opening up the program he needed for the video conference. As soon as he did the video popped up and he was met with the blank looks of five men and two women he had met only three days ago.

“I see you’ve finally arrived.” The blond haired woman said bitterly.

“I wasn’t aware we were having a meeting today?” Jimin answered not acknowledging her.

“We told you, you had until the week’s end. Today is the end of the week.” A brown haired male said.

“It’s only been three days. Surely you don’t expect me to have come up with answers in that amount of time.” Jimin said incredulously, that was too much to ask of anyone. A week had been pushing it but was doable, but three days? What was wrong with these people?

“We didn’t expect anything from you period. We assumed you’d just agree to our proposals.” another raven haired male spoke up.

“You can’t be serious…” Jimin said quietly. Did they honestly think he was stupid enough to just accept their proposals?

“And why can’t we be?” one of them questioned agitated.

“Those proposals were not feasible and I’m sure you were aware of that. We’d lose more money than ever if I were to have gone through with your suggestions.” Jimin continued and he began to realize something. These people weren’t serious. They didn’t care about the problems they proclaimed the company was facing. No. They weren’t testing Jimin’s leadership abilities or ability to run the company in his father’s stead. They were lashing out at his father and were using Jimin as a means to that end. He could see it clearly as he studied their faces. The hard set eyes, the frowns along with a few knowing smiles, the belittling comments, and the uninterested gazes, Jimin should have seen it the first time but he hadn’t seriously read them. Now he did, and now he understood. It had never been about the problems they’d brought up, they simply didn’t want to work with his father anymore, but they were too cowardly to take up the issue with him. And that’s why they were using Jimin, forcing him to be the one dealing with them, so it would look like he messed up when ties were cut.

“Ah, so you do understand what we were proposing.” one of the males remarked.

“Do you have any better ideas?” a red haired male asked at the same time.

“...I have some. Two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter