Chapter 21

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was finalizing the situation with share transfers with his dad’s secretary when Jungkook came to talk to him. Jungkook sat beside Jimin and waited for him to finish his conversation. Once Jimin hung up he turned to face Jungkook and after a moment of gauging the younger, he began to talk.

“Thanks for buying the rest of the shares.” Jimin began.

“It’s no big deal. How many did you have left anyway?” Jungkook asked as he laid down on the bed.

“Fourteen.” Jimin answered right away and then added, “You sure you want to buy all fourteen?”

“Yea. I’m sure. How many did you have, to begin with?”

“Forty-Eight”

“You could have called me first, I’d have brought all of those,” Jungkook said giving Jimin a pointed look.

“...sorry?” Jimin replied hesitantly.

“Seriously, you worried me so much these past four days. I know we played that game and I said I wouldn’t ask, but since it seems resolved would you mind telling me what was wrong, to begin with?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m sorry for worrying you, but I really wanted to handle it on my own. One of my dad’s shareholders, the Wayna corporation, they contacted me and were complaining about some problems in our company. They gave me until the week's end to fix it or they’d pull out, I had thought they actually gave me a week so when they contacted me three days later I was surprised. They wanted to pull out since I didn’t have any solution by then, and I realized it didn’t actually matter if I did or didn’t have a solution. They want to leave, they are just beating around to bush and trying to legitimize their desire to leave. And so once I realized that I didn’t really know how to make them stay and it was bugging me. This morning I woke up with the realization if they leave it wouldn’t be a big deal if I could just transfer their shares to someone else and I thought maybe our other shareholders would like to purchase some more shares and so I started calling everyone who owns shares in the company. And most of them did want more shares so it all worked out.” Jimin explained.

“I see...well I have to say I’m proud of you for solving the problem on your own, even though you worried me to death,” Jungkook said with a smile.

“Yeah...sorry...again...and thanks for buying the rest of the shares. Really, if you hadn’t I wouldn’t know what to do with them and would have been worrying more. No one brought more than seven shares at most, so thanks for buying the fourteen we had left.” Jimin said looking at Jungkook gratefully.

“It’s no big deal really, as I said before, I’ll always help you out any way I can,” Jungkook answered smiling brightly.

“I know,” Jimin said smiling as well. He then leaned forward and kissed Jungkook’s left cheek. It was a quick peck but when he pulled back he saw a blush spreading on Jungkook’s face, which caused him to giggle a little.

“That was my way of thanking you again,” Jimin said when he saw Jungkook’s curious gaze.

“I see...you thank everyone that way?” Jungkook asked.

“No. Just those I’m close to” Jimin replied.

“Well I don’t want to be greedy but I did buy fourteen of your shares. Shouldn’t I get another kiss on my other cheek?” Jungkook said mischievously with a coy smile, not really expecting Jimin to comply with his request. And for this reason, Jimin kissed his other cheek, just as quickly as he had the first one. Jungkook looked surprised but laughed.

“How about the lips?” He said suggestively wiggling an eyebrow.

“Nice try, but I think I’ve thanked you enough.” Jimin replied laughing before continuing, “But, I kind of did want to do something else to thank you.”

“Hmm? What?” Jungkook asked sitting up and looking at Jimin curiously.

“A date. You’ve been asking me on another one but I didn’t have time. So, to make up for it, I want to take you on one.” Jimin answered.

“Sure. When?” Jungkook asked a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Tomorrow if you have time?”

“I have another meeting in the morning, we’re trying to close a deal with China, and so we have a lot of meetings in the morning nowadays. But I should be free in the afternoon around..um..four?.” Jungkook answers.

“Ok that’s fine, I have to meet with the Wayna corporation tomorrow morning anyway to finalize them leaving,” Jimin said feeling relieved that everything had worked out.

“Ok. So where are we going?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“Nope, you didn’t tell me on our first date. So I’m not going to tell you. You’ll have to wait to find out.” Jimin said smiling playfully.

“Please tell me?” Jungkook pleaded.

“No” Jimin replied simply.

“Fine” Jungkook huffed out causing Jimin to giggle a bit. They both talked a bit more before Jungkook went back to his room. Jimin went back to his book until dinnertime. After dinner, Jimin began to outline how their date would go tomorrow and found himself getting excited. He went to sleep after calming down a bit.

The next day Jimin awoke early and got ready to have his morning meeting with the shareholders. He his laptop and waited for the meeting to start. He didn’t have to wait too long. The seven people appeared on the screen shortly after he’d contacted his dad’s secretary.

“Good morning, thank you for agreeing to meet me this early,” Jimin said to them with a forced smile.

“Hmmm..so I take it you have a solution to all the problems we have mentioned?” the man at the front of the table asked.

“No. But I realized that I probably will never find an answer to all those problems. Not in four days anyway. So I thought I’d just let you know that and then finalize everything for you all to leave.” Jimin answered with a genuine smile. He was glad to be rid of them.

“Wait...you are okay with us leaving?” the woman asked surprised.

“Well, I didn’t ask you to. You are the ones who kept threatening to leave if I didn’t come up with an answer. So I’m just moving the process along. Unless of course, you want to stay? But that would mean you actually have no qualms about all those issues you brought up. At least not to the extent you said you did.” Jimin said making sure to emphasize this was all their own doing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter