Chapter 24

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon quickly approached Jimin who stood where he was unsure of what to do. He wanted to leave but he knew that would be rude, and besides he had wanted to talk to Namjoon...just not in person.

“Jimin? What are you doing here?” Namjoon asked when he reached him.

“Um...just wanted to enjoy the fresh air?” Jimin said and then added, “What about you?”

“I was meeting with a client. Is Jungkook with you?” Namjoon asked looking around.

“No, he’s not. Why?”

“Well...I thought you weren’t allowed to leave the mansion without his permission, and he’s usually busy at this time…” Namjoon trailed off.

“You know about our contract?” Jimin asked, eyebrows scrunching together. He’d suspected that Namjoon knew, but he hadn’t been sure until now.

“Well yeah, I’m the one who got it finalized,” Namjoon replied.

“I see...well Kookie decided to change it up a bit. I can now leave whenever I want so long as I text him where I’m going and when I’ll be back.”

“Oh...ok. So...um...you...you never called me...I was kind of waiting...for it.” Namjoon mumbled out.

“Sorry...I meant to...I just got sidetracked.” Jimin responded.

“Oh ok...um...have you thought about..what I said?”

“I did…”

“And?” Namjoon prompted and Jimin sighed.

“Namjoon...a lot happened between us...most of it was good but the ending...it was bad...and while I can learn to forgive you...I can’t forget...you really hurt me.” Jimin replied softly.

“I know Jiminie. I know I messed up big time and it’s really too late for an apology. But I really really am sorry. I was stupid and young. I didn’t realize what I was losing at the time.”

“Well..it’s already lost...I’ve moved on Namjoon.”

“To Jungkook?”

“We..we’ve been on a couple of dates. It’s a real possibility.”

“Hmm...but you aren’t his boyfriend yet?”

“No...not yet.”

“Then I have a chance.”

“No. You really don’t.”

“Please, Jimin. Let me make it up to you.” Namjoon pleaded.

“How Namjoon? How do you plan to make it up to me?” Jimin asked.

“By showing you just how much I miss you and regret my decisions.”

“That probably won’t be enough. And besides, I don’t want to do that to Kookie. I really like him Namjoon. And I’m serious about him. I’m not going to mess around with you just because you say you still love me.” Jimin said harshly.

“...Ok, Jimin, I get it...I..I’m sorry again. I won’t do anything you don’t want me to...I won’t pursue you if that’s what you want...I’ll forget my feelings if you want me to...but can I at least try to earn your forgiveness?” Namjoon asked sounding almost desperate. Jimin bit his bottom lip wondering what he should say. Sensing Jimin’s hesitation Namjoon spoke again.

“Please let me try to earn your forgiveness. I just hate how things ended. Before we even dated, we were really good friends...I’d really like to get back to that point at least. Please give me a chance. I promise I won’t hinder your relationship with Jungkook. I just...I just want to have something with you, something else rather than being hated that is.” Namjoon begged and he looked so sincere that Jimin gave in. He knew Namjoon was being serious from all the experiences he had with the elder during their years of dating. Jimin had learned a lot about Namjoon by dating since Namjoon happened to be one of those individuals Jimin had difficulty reading from time to time.

“Alright...you can make it up to me...we can try to be friends again. But that’s it. Just friends.” Jimin stated sternly.

“Just friends. Promise.” Namjoon replied with conviction.

Namjoon and Jimin talked a while longer and when Jimin decided to leave, Namjoon walked him back. As they approached the gate Namjoon stopped Jimin by grabbing his wrist before he could go in.

“I’m really sorry for everything Jimin and I want to thank you for giving me a chance to be friends again,” Namjoon said with a small smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“Don’t mention it,” Jimin replied pulling his hand away from Namjoon. Namjoon let go but quickly went in for a hug. Jimin was startled by the sudden contact and would have pushed the elder away but Namjoon lets go of him before he could.

“I promise I will be better to you this time,” Namjoon said before Jimin could speak and then rushed off, once again not giving Jimin the chance to say anything. Jimin huffed out a breath of air in irritation. Namjoon had always been someone who did as he pleased when it suited him. Jimin sighed and turned back to the gate and went inside. When he reached the front door he saw Jungkook waiting for him at the top step.

“What are you doing out here,” Jimin asked.

“Nothing,” Jungkook responded in a cold voice making Jimin frown. Great, the kid had seen Namjoon hug him, he thought.

“Kookie-” Jimin began but was cut off.

“Don’t call me that,” Jungkook growled out and Jimin’s frown deepened.

“Seriously? Do you even want to hear an explanation for what happened?” Jimin gritted out.

“What is there to explain. Oh that you’re already cheating on me even though we aren’t really dating? That you still have feelings for Namjoon and that’s why you wanted to change the contract. Just so you could go out and meet him in secret, hoping I wouldn’t notice. Or maybe you want to explain how you made up with him and are already on such good terms that you allow him to hug you. I honestly thought you didn’t have a good relationship with him so I didn’t worry at first. But now I see I was wrong. You already got back together with him didn’t you?” Jungkook asked accusin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter