Chapter 14

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook had taken Jimin to a science museum one that Jimin had been meaning to visit for a while but hadn’t had time for. The museum had opened up a couple months ago and was said to feature the latest advancements in scientific research and technology. It was a huge four story building with interactive labs on each floor that critics claimed ‘would blow your mind’. Overall the place had built up a solid reputation even though it had only opened two months ago.

“Have you been here before Kookie?” Jimin asked Jungkook as they entered the building. Jimin noted there weren’t that many people there, a few couples and families were there but not that many. There were more displays than there were people.

“No. But I wanted to come and I heard you did too so I decided it would be a good place for our first date.” Jungkook said smiling fondly as he stared at Jimin who was already intrigued by the first display which as far as Jungkook could tell just featured rats in a maze. After looking at the mice and reading the display Jimin moved on to the next display as he continued to talk with Jungkook.

“Who told you I wanted to come here?” Jimin asked curiously as he roamed from one display to the next and read the plaques.

“Hmm, one of your colleagues at the research center,” Jungkook answered as he too began reading the plaques to understand what was being shown.

“You talk with them?” Jimin continued to question.

“Not particularly. Only when I need to stop by there for weekly updates and whatnot.” Jungkook answered following Jimin around.

“Hmm..” Jimin hummed in response, his attention focused on the displays rather than Jungkook.

As they walked around, Jimin and Jungkook saw many interesting displays and had a lot of fun in the interactive labs. One lab stimulated what it was like to be walking on the moon and had been very entertaining to walk around in, seeing as it actually felt like you were weightless and would literally be bouncing from spot to spot each time you took a step. Jimin enjoyed that experience but if he was being honest he enjoyed the lab where he’d been allowed to create small chemical explosions that looked like fireworks on the second floor.

They walked around to finish up the tour of the third floor and heading towards the fourth. On the fourth floor, they found there weren't many displays. Rather a whole floor was filled with a bunch of labs. In one corner they were making volcanos, in another, they were testing people’s DNA, farther in there was a station where they were dissecting flies and looking at them under a microscope. More labs line the walls and in the middle, there was a large lifelike tree with plaques surrounding it.

“Wow, there sure is a lot to do here. What do you want to do first?” Jungkook asked as he glanced around at the different stations curiously.

“Um...let’s start in the back and work our way to the front?” Jimin suggested.

“Good idea Minnie” Jungkook answered pulling Jimin gently with him to the back. Jimin didn’t respond at first not realizing he’d been given a nickname.

“Minnie?” Jimin questioned as they reached the station in the back. Jungkook turned to him with a shy smile, letting go of Jimin’s hand while he fidgeted nervously.

“Yea...you call me Kookie sometimes...so i thought I should give you a nickname to. Besides Tae calls you Jiminie, you know that used to be my nickname for you! I came up with it! But Tae stole it, so I should be allowed to give you a new one!” Jungkook argued his case and Jimin chuckled in response. Jimin didn’t realize that Jungkook might have come up with the nickname Taehyung would always use for him. He had always assumed it was Taehyung who’d come up with the nickname on his own. Maybe he had, after all Jiminie seemed a natural nickname for him, anyone could probably come up with that. But he didn’t say that to Jungkook choosing to keep it to himself.

“Alright, Kookie, whatever you say,” Jimin responded with a smile as he grabbed a hold of Jungkook’s hand and dragged him into the station to see what was there. They went to each station and performed or viewed whatever experiment or simulation was being done.

When they got to the DNA testing lab, Jimin thought about the countless times he’d done what they were doing. However Jimin had never tested his own DNA and so he was a little excited to see his own DNA strands. He watched the helix form just as he had a multitude of times before but he watched with newfound fascination, after all, it was his own DNA. Once they were done they were asked to input their emails into a computer if they wanted a full report on their DNA makeup. Both of them input their emails after glancing at each other and smiling. They were informed they’d receive their results in about a week.

They finished going around the floor to each and every lab there and then went back downstairs to leave having seen practically everything. Jimin was overall satisfied with their first date, he had fun and enjoyed the museum very much. After getting in the car Jungkook took them to a small diner. The food there wasn’t anything fancy, the taste quite ordinary, but it was still nicer than other diners and fast food chains Jimin had been to. There was a homely feel to this diner and the service was faster than most places. Plus they had a variety of foods to choose from and judging by how fast Jungkook was ready to ordered, Jimin suspected he came here often. Jimin took his time picking and asked Jungkook for recommendations which the latter gladly gave.

After they ate and had filled their bellies with desert Jungkook took Jimin to a park near the area. Since it was about seven and still summer, there were quite a few people around. Mostly children and teens with a few adults scattered about. They walked by the large lake and talked about random things, slowly getting to know each other. Well more like Jimin was getting to know Jungkook for the first time while Jungkook was learning about what had changed for Jimin over the years. Around eight they left for home.

“So...did you enjoy our date?” Jungkook asked as he parked the car.

“I did. Thanks for today Kookie” Jimin said gracing Jungkook with an eye smile. Jungkook smiled as well, thrilled that he had made Jimin happy. Jungkook had the sudden urge to kiss Jimin but refrained himself deciding they weren’t to that point yet. He decided he’d settle for holding Jimin’s hand as they walked back into the mansion. Once they reached their respective rooms they bid each other farewell.

Once in his room Jimin couldn’t help thinking about their date and how sweet it had been. Jungkook had been really attentive and accommodating. He had always asked Jimin what he wanted to do first and had held his hand every chance he’d gotten. Jungkook had also flirted with him from time to time by saying cheesy lines, and Jimin had responded with even cheesier lines since he’d been in a playful mood. Jimin clearly recalled how many times he’d managed to make Jungkook blush having been a grand total of seven times. To be fair Jungkook had also managed to make Jimin blush a few times as well, when he’d said something particularly cheesy. With a satisfied sigh Jimin stops thinking about his day and decided to get ready for bed.

The next day Jimin got up and did everything he usually did, he’d established a routine of sorts and so after checking his email and replying he went to Mrs. Jeon’s room. As usual, he talked to her, gauging her reactions, and tried to get her to open up more. This time he gave her a new assignment.

“You know Mrs. Jeon, Jungkook told me that you hugged him yesterday. I’m really proud that you did it. He was really happy about it too, he didn’t let you see it but he came to me afterwards and cried a bit. He was really really happy. And you caused that Mrs. Jeon, for that I’m really proud of you. Do you think you’ll be able to do it more from now on?” Jimin asked. Mrs. Jeon nodded her head as she continued painting a small smile on her face. Jimin was happy to see her smiling and nodding her head with conviction.

“Ok, I’m going to hold you to that. Give him a hug each time you see him ok?” Jimin instructed and Mrs. Jeon nodded.

“Mrs. Jeon I have another request for you. I know you love painting so do you think you could paint a scene for me? Could you paint this room or maybe the gardens from your window? Paint it how you see it. Paint for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter