Chapter 2

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin began dozing off as he finished the book, he tried to stay awake but apparently was unable to. He was awoken hours later by a soft voice calling out to him and hands on his shoulders shaking him slightly. Jimin groggily woke up blinking as he raised his head up from his desk. As his vision came back into focus he found Jungkook’s face right in front of his, merely a few inches separating them. Jimin blinked a bit more before he moved away and Jungkook did to releasing his shoulders.

“You’re back…” Jimin stated as he rubbed at his tired eyes and looked down to the still open book he’d fallen asleep on.

“Yea...it’s time to go home now. You got everything you need?” Jungkook asked glancing towards the book Jimin closed and put in his work briefcase alongside many other books. Jimin noticed the chessboard was gone and vaguely wondered where it went but didn’t bother asking about it.

“Yea...let’s go I guess,” Jimin mumbled getting up and following Jungkook out of the building towards a black Mercedes parked right outside. Jungkook held the passenger door open for Jimin, who got in uttering a quick thank you. Jungkook merely nodded at him before closing the door and going to the driver’s seat and buckling himself in. Jimin also buckled his seatbelt before staring out the window as the car began to move. They were silent for a few minutes before Jimin began to speak.

“I’m surprised you’re driving...I thought for sure you’d have a driver?” Jimin asked glancing at Jungkook. While Jimin tended to avoid interacting with others, it wasn’t because he was bad at it. No, quite the contrary, he was really good at it. He could keep the conversation going for hours on end, switch topics whenever needed, was good at using his wit to humor others and just a great conversationalist. Overall, people who had the luck to meet and indulge in a conversation with him often found him charming and likable. So it wasn’t because he was socially awkward that he avoided social situations, no it was because he usually found them dull and tiresome. As a psychologist, he’d picked up early on how to read people.

He could easily judge a person’s whole demeanor and temperament just by the way they walked and what they wore, and more often than not, he was right in his assumptions. This was why he could act in a way that made sure the person he was interacting with was comfortable and why he knew how to handle most situations. But for him, it was tiresome to read people and behave in a way that made them like him, and so he stopped. He stopped reading people and instead avoided them. As such with time people just left him alone as well, and he’d eventually earned a reputation of being somewhat of a loner. So unless you’d known him back when he’d first been starting, you wouldn’t think of him as a person who was good at human interactions. Nowadays, Jimin found himself somewhat adverse to human interactions but couldn’t help reading people if he met them more than once.

“I do have one, but I prefer driving myself most of the time,” Jungkook replied. Jimin nodded understanding why he’d prefer driving himself. He could read Jungkook’s demeanor and temperament as easily as he had anyone else. And since it was their second meeting, he couldn’t help but do so. Jungkook was a rich kid who’d probably been told what to do all his life. He’d probably been trained since birth on the proper etiquette when interacting with others, how to handle business deals, who to trust, who not to trust, how to make decisions, what was appropriate for someone of his class and what was not. Jungkook probably had little control over his own life growing up, and so any semblance of control he could get he’d probably jump at the opportunity. So, of course, he’d like driving, he was in control.

“So what about your bodyguards? Where are they?” Jimin asked deciding to keep the conversation going by asking questions. He could tell Jungkook would be the type to keep quiet and observe rather than make conversation unless prompted to.

“I let them take the rest of the day off after I left the meeting I’d been attending.” He answered with a shrug indicating he didn’t really have a reason for doing that. But Jimin knew better, Jungkook didn’t want to have them around. They probably made him feel watched, feel suffocated, so if he could avoid it, he wouldn’t have them around.

“I see...so where do you live?” Jimin asked as they sped along the highway. They were way past the city and somewhere on the outskirts of a town, one Jimin felt was familiar but couldn’t place.

“We’re almost there actually, just five more minutes maybe,” Jungkook answered in an attempt to avoid the question. Jimin let it slide seeing that Jungkook’s shoulders had tensed slightly and knowing he’d avoided the question on purpose but not understanding why.

“Hmm...So what happened to your mom?” Jimin asked thinking he should get some information on his new patient.

“I..don’t like talking about it...when we arrive, I’ll show you to your room. In there will be a file with all her information, so just look at that.” Jungkook answered keeping his eyes firmly on the road.

“Ok. Sorry to bring up bad memories.” Jimin apologized.

“It’s fine...you talk a lot,” Jungkook stated.

“Sorry if it bothers you?” Jimin asked he didn’t think it would have.

“No, it doesn’t. I’m just surprised. All the articles I’ve read about you made you seem like you were afraid of human interaction...plus you were kind of scared when we talked earlier today.”

“Well, of course, I was, you were threatening my job. If you recall, I spoke to you calmly at first but once you threatened me, I began to panic.” Jimin answered plainly going back to staring out the window, having had enough human interaction with Jungkook for the day.

“Ah...you’re right…” Jungkook said with a thoughtful expression. When Jimin didn’t speak again he decided to ask his own question.

“So, why do you avoid human interaction so much if you’re not scared?” Jungkook asked. Jimin just shrugged not feeling like answering and Jungkook didn’t push. After a few minutes, Jungkook pulled up to a set of gates that was manned by a security guard who opened the doors immedia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter