Chapter 41

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your mom called and told you what?” Jungkook asked, eyes wide and mouth pressed into a thin line.

“Kookie...please don’t overreact. I told you the gist of it.” Jimin responded placing his hand on the younger’s arm. The two males were sitting on Jimin’s bed and Jimin had just finished explaining how the phone call with his mom had gone yesterday. Jungkook had come into his room about ten minutes ago ready for their date only for Jimin to ask him to sit down so they could talk for a little bit. Now that they had, Jungkook seemed apprehensive.

“I just want to make sure I got this right. Your dad is in some powerful position within some gang, and to keep him away from you, your mom tried to blackmail him. But that backfired on her, and now he’s after you?” Jungkook summarized his eyes narrowing in thought.

“Something like that yea... I’m not too sure about the details at the moment. My mom will explain when she comes here tomorrow.” Jimin replied shrugging his shoulder as if it was no big deal.

“...I’m going to go talk with my bodyguards,” Jungkook said and was about to get up when Jimin tightened his grip and pulled the younger back down onto the bed.

“No! You promised you’d go on a date with me! You can talk to your bodyguards later.” Jimin insisted with a pout.

“But your mom asked you to stay here. And I’m not comfortable taking you out anymore. We don’t know what your dad wants from you. Why is he after you? What if something were to happen to you? I’d never forgive myself.” Jungkook argued frowning at Jimin before pulling the elder in for a hug.

“That’s why we’re not going out. Well, at least not past the gates. We’ll be staying within the mansion grounds.” Jimin said pulling away from the hug after a few seconds to look at Jungkook.

“Ok?...So what exactly is it you have planned?” Jungkook asked raising an eyebrow at Jimin.

“Well basically...a picnic in the gardens. Earlier today Jin hyung let me use the kitchens to make us food, to take outside and enjoy. It’s already packed in a picnic basket and everything, we just have to pick it up from the kitchen before heading out. But I also wanted to bring a few board games to play but I don’t know where you keep them so I didn’t prepare those.” Jimin said looking at Jungkook expectantly.

“Alright, I’ll show you where I keep them. Follow me.” Jungkook got up and walked out of Jimin’s room. Jimin followed as Jungkook went up to the third door from Jungkook’s room. He opened it and motioned for Jimin to follow him inside. Once inside the room, Jimin took in his surroundings. The room was what he’d expect a child’s playroom to look like. It was filled with stuffed toys ranging from very small to much taller than Jimin spread throughout the room. On the left side of the wall, there was a large bookshelf that reached the ceiling and took up half the wall. It was filled with children and teen books. One end of the room sat a piano and on the other a drumset. Jimin even noticed a guitar hanging from a hook at the far end of the room. Jungkook walked up to a rather large chest that sat in front a window and opened it to reveal all sorts of board games.

“Take your pick, I have just about any game you could think of,” Jungkook said stepping back to allow Jimin access to the chest.

“Is this your playroom from when you were a kid?” Jimin asked with a smile as he examined all the games in the chest.

“Yea. I don’t come in here often anymore, but as a kid, I didn’t have many friends so I’d spend all my time in here.” Jungkook replied as he shifted through the chest with Jimin.

“You didn’t have friends at your school?” Jimin asked perplexed. He’d always imagined Jungkook would be one of those popular kids you’d find in any school.

“I did. Just not that many that’d I’d actually consider friends? Most of them only befriended me because I was rich.”

“Oh...still the few you did have, didn’t they ever come over?”

“Sometimes, but not often. It wasn’t even that they didn’t want to or anything. My dad didn’t really like having anyone over for some reason. So I was lucky if I could invite them over more than once a week. So usually if we decided to hang out it would be at one of their houses or some public place. But even that was limited because my dad also hated it when I went out. If it weren’t for my mom, I’m sure the only places I’d be allowed to go was from home to school and then back.” Jungkook said bitterly, his lips pressing together and his eyes hardening.

“I see...maybe he was just worried about your safety? You are the son of the richest man in the world basically.” Jimin reasoned.

“Yea I’m sure that’s the reason.” Jungkook scoffed, shaking his head. “I know my father Jimin, he does care about me to a certain extent but he doesn’t show it. And I was always surrounded by bodyguards as a child so it wasn’t because he wanted to keep me safe that I wasn’t allowed to go out. If anything, it was most likely to keep me out of trouble. He’s always had a carefully built reputation and he wouldn’t have liked me to ruin it or something.”

“Hmm...it could be both? Don’t be so quick to dismiss his love for you.”

“I’m not. I’m just saying he never does things purely out of love. He always has to gain something or at the least, prevent loss”

“So the issues you hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter