Chapter 13

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin rushed to Mrs. Jeon’s side and held her by the shoulders attempting to calm her down. She was standing up and so he got her to sit down slowly in a chair and talked to her calmly. She was clutching her chest, heaving, straining to get air into her lungs, her eyes were blown wide and she looked as if she would pass out any second from a lack of air. Jimin knew he had to get her to calm down or she would do just that, after all, panic attacks felt just like heart attacks.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” he heard Mr. Jeon exclaim behind him. He turned towards him really quick and told him to leave before focusing his attention on Mrs. Jeon again.

“Mrs. Jeon, please, please , just breath ...that’s it...take deep breaths...breathe in now out, in, out...that’s good Mrs. Jeon. Just breath. You’re going to be fine...just keep breathing in and out...don’t let your eyes wander, just focus on me or the ground...just listen to what I’m saying...yes, keep doing that…” Jimin continued to rub circles into Mrs. Jeon’s back as he kept instructing her to breathe. Pretty soon she began to calm down, she let go of her chest and starting to breath more deeply before her breathing finally became normal. When her breathing was back to normal, Jimin let out a small sigh of relief.

“You did well Mrs. Jeon...I think it’s best you rest now...do you need my help getting to the bed?” Jimin asked. Mrs. Jeon made no attempt to answer, she just sat there, eyes still somewhat wide. He almost began to worry she’d reverted back to when he’d first met her. But after a moment she gave him a very small nod, and Jimin was once again filled with relief. He helped her to her bed and pulled the blankets over her. He talked to her softly, asking her to close her eyes and just rest, promising he wouldn’t leave until she was asleep. After some quiet murmurs of reassurances and humming softly to her, she seemed to completely relax and drift off. Jimin stayed a little while longer humming softly and rubbing small circles along her temple until he was sure she was asleep. He then quietly left the room closing the door softly behind him.

Mr. Jeon sat in the hallway with Jungkook and Taehyung. Jimin stared at three of them for a few seconds and no words were exchanged until Taehyung spoke up.

“What happened in there?” Taehyung asked looking worried.

“I’m not entirely sure...Mr. Jeon?” He questioned the older man who was now standing.

“...I just came to talk to her..but as I was talking she suddenly screamed and then began breathing hard and just...you saw she was like that within a few seconds.” Mr. Jeon said looking guilty.

“Hmm...well she had a panic attack...something you said must have triggered it...if you don’t mind me asking, what did you say?” Jimin questioned staring at Mr. Jeon.

“I...it wasn’t anything really...I just asked her questions, like how is she doing? Has everyone been treating her well...stuff like that.” Mr. Jeon stated.

“Um...anything else? Could you tell me your exact wordings?” Jimin asked unsatisfied with the answer.

“I don’t really remember exactly what I said.” came a swift reply.

“Dad, come on, what did you ask her right before she got like that?” Jungkook asked rising from his previous sitting position giving his father a pointed look.

“I just asked her if she had eaten breakfast when she became like that.” was Mr. Jeon’s answer.

“That...shouldn’t be enough to warrant that kind of response...what did you say before that?” Jimin continued to question, a frown decorating his features.

“...I didn’t ask her much before that. I only asked her if she was still painting like she usually does.” Mr. Jeon answered looking straight into Jimin’s eyes with conviction as if he was trying to convince Jimin of his answer. Jimin continued to stare into his eyes for a moment before just nodding uneasily.

“Well...I suggest everyone watch what they say around her for now...just be a little extra cautious.” Jimin warned before heading off to his room. Jungkook immediately followed Jimin while Mr. Jeon watched them walk away. Taehyung looked around uneasily before deciding to follow Jimin as well. Mr. Jeon walked downstairs after the three had neared Jimin’s room.

“Um..why are you two following me?” Jimin asked them as he began opening his door for them, allowing them to enter before he did. Taehyung shrugged his shoulder immediately flopping onto Jimin’s bed and laying there a for a few seconds before sitting up and near the edge. Jungkook didn’t make any form of reply he just watched Taehyung as he took a seat at the table where Jimin had his laptop opened. Jimin decided to sit beside Taehyung since there weren’t many other options besides the floor.

Taehyung smiled at him and placed an arm around his shoulders once Jimin was seated beside him. Jimin smiled back at Taehyung before turning to look at Jungkook. His face was unreadable and seemingly almost bored looking.

“Jiminie is Mrs. Jeon alright now?” Taehyung ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter