Chapter 17

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin wasn’t able to figure out any sort of solution for the problems the company was facing even after staying up most of the night to try and figure something out. The document the shareholders had sent contained a list of problems that they wanted to be addressed. Jimin had skimmed over it last night but the next morning, he went over it very carefully. After reading every complaint and problem he needs to address, Jimin realized he didn’t even understand what half of them meant. It was already time for him to have his morning session with Mrs. Jeon so he put the issue aside to focus on her.

Jimin was satisfied with the small improvements Mrs. Jeon was making but he wasn’t sure how to proceed at the moment. All he ever did was talk and give her small new tasks and waited for her to complete them before assigning her new ones. So far she hadn’t started on that painting but she seemed to have become much more animated. She would nod and shake her head noticeably to questions. She would give Jungkook a hug each time she saw him, the longest hug being thirty seconds. She had even used that trick Jimin had told her about with Taehyung (tapping him below his elbow twice to get his attention and get him to stop talking). She also had started pointing to things to answer certain questions or to indicate what she wanted to talk about.

These were all improvements and Jimin was proud of her for it, but he was unsure how to achieve more. His main concern being how he could get her to start talking. He knew he had only been helping her for a week and so he should be happy with his current results, and he was, but he wanted to do more, to be able to help more. Also, he wanted to diagnose her problem but he wasn’t sure exactly what it was. He was beginning to wonder if there really was any psychiatric problem. Maybe she was perfectly healthy both mind and body. Maybe she just needed six years of silence before she wanted to open up.

Of course, those things were possible but he was also pretty sure it was improbable. Mrs. Jeon most likely did have some underlying disorder that had been triggered by the incident. And other psychologists had probably been right to diagnose her with PTSD, but it was more than just that. Mrs. Jeon probably had some other disorder as well, whether it developed after the incident or before he had yet to find out (as well as finding out what that disorder was). But Jimin wouldn’t be able to figure all that out until he could get Mrs. Jeon to open up and communicate with more than gestures. Asking yes or no questions can only help a psychologist so much before they need more abstract answers.

After his session with Mrs. Jeon, Jimin skipped breakfast in favor of trying to come up with a solution for the problems the shareholder mentioned in their seven-page document. He was glad Jungkook had an early morning meeting and wouldn’t be able to drag him down for breakfast that day. Jimin locked himself in his room and began to do some research to understand what the shareholders were trying to say in their document.

Hours later, he finally got the gist of what the problems were and why the shareholders would worry about them. But he still didn’t know how to address them and his brain was beginning to hurt from all the thinking he was doing. Business really wasn’t his strong suit and so thinking about it too long would give him headaches. Jimin decided to take a break and so he shut down his laptop and rubbed his tired eyes staring at the wall in front of him blankly. He then got up and went to his bed deciding some sleep would do him good. As he approached his bed he saw the file he had taken from his aunt’s office on his bedside table. He had not had the chance to go through it since yesterday and so he decided sleep could wait a while longer and pulled out the contents of the file once more.

He went through the rest of the pictures and as he neared the end he found a picture that caught his eye more so than others. It was a picture of him and his aunt along with Jungkook. They were standing in front of a lighthouse. Jimin stared at the lighthouse feeling something familiar about it. As he analyzed the photo the feeling intensified but he was unsure why that was. He didn’t remember the lighthouse so obviously, he’d suppressed the memories of it, but he felt that maybe he’d actually been there after his mother’s death or long before he’d met Jungkook. He shook his head deciding that he’d probably remember if that was the case and moved on to the next picture.

This one was taken from inside the lighthouse along the staircase leading to the top. It featured child Jimin stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter