Chapter 9

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: I'll be using existing songs (english/kpop) in this story. Unfortunately, I'm not that gifted to write and compose songs. So instead, I'll be using existing songs and imagine that those songs were written by Kath. I do not intend to claim the songs but rather using/borrowing it in my fanfiction world.)

 

 

It's the day that she's been dreading since last week, the Casting Round. Kath is already at the studio but the recording's not yet starting as they were still waiting for the judges to arrive. She's really nervous and was really afraid of the outcome. Kath is never a pessimist but today was different. She don't know why she was this nervous. Her hands were so cold, her skin looks pale and she's sweating too much though the weather in Seoul was really cold.

"Hey!"

She heard someone said and she felt someone taps her shoulder. She looks up and found out that it's Daniel. She smiles timidly at him.

"What's wrong with you? Are you sick? You look pale." Daniel asks with a hint of worry on his voice.

"No, I'm okay. Maybe the nerves."

"What? Nerves? Were you? Really? I never thought I will ever see you that nervous. You always look confident everytime you perform."

"I actually don't know why. Maybe because of the song that I'll be singing. It's an original."

"Really? Original song? Woaahh..then you should not be nervous. You should be more confident since it was you who wrote it" Daniel said encouraging Kath.

"Well, you can say that I'm not that confident with the song" Kath said in a low tone.

"Yah!! Don't be like that. You wrote a song, an original song. You should be proud of yourself. And if you will think like that then your performance will be affected and you might regret that. Kath, wake up, that's not you!! Where is my friend, Kath? Where did you take her? Bring back my friend, Kath, who's full of confidence?" he said while he was shaking Kath's body.

Kath laughs while she was asking Daniel to stop shaking her as she was already feeling dizzy. Unknown to both of them, somewhere, someone was watching them. Kath must have felt it as she suddenly looks to the side but sees nothing. She just shrugs and get back to her conversation with Daniel. After a while, the judges arrived and they start their recording.

One by one, contestants are called to perform and the judges select the contestant that they would like to cast. She was silently wishing that on her turn, it will be YG's turn to cast and no one from other judges would cast her if ever she was casted by YG. She really wanted to be with YG Entertainment. Aside from the fact that all of her favorite kpop artists was there, she felt that she will excel on her crafts if she will be casted by YG. She felt that she belongs to that company. But she would gladly accept it if YG will not casts her and was casted by a Antenna or JYP.

She felt someone nudges her and found out that it was Daniel. He told her that the staff is already calling her to go inside the backstage. She immediately stand up and walks towards to the staff. She apologizes for not noticing immediately that she was already being called. The staff said it was okay and that they understand what the contestants were feeling. She was left alone in the backstage waiting for the judges to call her. Then she felt it again, the feeling of someone watching her from a distance. She looks around to find whoever it was but she can't find anyone. She also looks at the balcony seats above to check but she only sees the  other contestants there. She shakes her head and whispers to herself,"must be the nerves".

"Kath-ssi"

She heard Yoo Hee Yeol called her. As she was walking to the stage, someone hiding in the darkest corner of the balcony seats breathes comfortably. Then the phone on his pocket vibrates and he immediately looks at it.

From: YG-Hyung

Kwon Jiyong, I know you're here. What are you doing here? And why are you hiding there in the corner? You thought I won't see you huh?! Come to my office later. You need a lot of explaining to do.

Yes, the great Kwon Jiyong is in the studio. He has a friend from the show. He asked his friend to help him watched the recording without everyone noticing especially YG. Unfortunately, YG saw him when he waves at the contestants sitting on the balcony seats.

"Aissh...I'm so dead" Jiyong told himself. He sighs but instead of worrying about it, he immediately focus his attention to his childhood friend, Kath, who is now standing on the center of the stage.

"Finally the one we've been waiting for is already here infront of us" JYP commented. "So how are you Kath-ssi?"

"Quite nervous actually" Kath said truthfully.

"Waeyo?" asks YG

"Because I don't know if I will be casted or not. It's actually nerve-wracking" - Kath

YG laughs at her, "What made you think that you will not be casted?"

"I don't know. It's just that its my first time to sing an original composition" Kath answered.

"Oooohh, I see. Your nervous because of that. Were you not that confident about the song you wrote?" YG inquired.

Kath just pouts and bites her lips because she don't know how to answer the question. Yoo Hee Yeol looks at Kath like he was reading her. Then he smiles.

"I know what you are feeling. This is the first time you will be singing an original song and because you're going to sing it infront of us, particularly JYP-ssi and me, you feel bothered and pressured right?"

Kath nods and was about to say something when YG butts in.

"So you and Jin Young only? How about me?"

Then everyone including Kath laugh. The judges keep on teasing each other. These small banters of the judges somehow calms her a bit.

"We're not fighting everyone. We just want Kath-ssi to be comfortable. Have you calmed down?" YG asks Kath.

Kath nods, "Ne" and she also smiled at YG.

"Good. The stage is yours. Whenever you're ready" YG stated.

Kath breathes deeply while her eyes are closed. She sits down infront of the keyboard. She's going to play the keyboard while singing.

(A/N: This is it. The song I'm going to used.)

https://youtu.be/UzOatGI5ygQ

 

🎶I've always been this kind of girl that hid my face

So afraid to tell the world what I've got to say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter