Chapter 39

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ZICO's POV

 

"Woah...this is...beautiful!!!"

I smiled at her reaction. It is a good decision bringing her here.

We are currently at Griffith Observatory parking lot enjoying the city view of Los Angeles at night. Good thing it is non-peak season, only few people are here.

"I know you like places like this." I responded.

"Thank you!!!" she said with enthusiasm.

"Just wait here noona" I said and she nodded.

I went at the back of the car to get the blankets and the snacks I bought from the store awhile ago. I go back infront of the car and spread one of the blanket on the hood of the car.

"Noona..." I called her while I put the other blanket over her shoulder. "It's cold."

She smiled at me. I really love it when she smile.

"Noona, let's sit there." I pointed at the car.

"Is it okay to sit there? Won't it break the car?" she asked innocently.

'So cute' I thought.

"Of course not. Come on."

I hold her hand and assisted her as she climbs on the hood. Once she's settled, I sat beside her. I bought beers and chips for us to dig in.

"How did you know this place?" she asked while getting one beer and opening it.

"Well, I've been here before. When you told me that you are going here, I immediately remembered this place. I thought you will love this place" I explained while I tried to get the beer from her.

"Yes, I love this place. The view's so beautiful. But not so easy, Jiho." she immediately stretches her hand that is holding the beer, for me not to reach it.

"Aissh...noona...you're not a good drinker."

"Just this one. Please...hmmmh?" she pleaded in a cute way.

Of course, who am I to say no. She always have her way in making me say yes everytime she asked something.

I sighed, "Arasseo. You know I can't say no to that"

She smiled at me delightfully. Then gulped a drink from the beer.

"But before I forgot, what's going on with you and Jiyong?" she asked.

Did she noticed? Does this mean she's already aware of sunbaenim's feelings towards her? Did he confessed already?

"Did something happened to the two of you that I don't know of?" she continued. "You two seems like there's an unspoken rivalry? Is it about the charts?"

Clueless as ever.

I shook my head, "What do you mean?" I pretended to be innocent. "I don't know what you are talking about."

She squinted her eyes as she looks at me. Trying to read if I am saying the truth. One of her brows raised up then she sighed.

 "Maybe I'm wrong." she said as she looked back at the view.

Actually, you're not. That's what I wanted to say but I bit my tongue. She better not know that.

I stared at her and it was a breath taking view. The moonlight shines on her face, making her skin glow. She looks like an angel. I remember the first time I met her in person, from that day I know I am already attracted to her. 

"Stop staring at me. I'm getting conscious, you know!!" she complained.

"Why am I not allowed to stare at my girlfriend?" I stated.

I saw a tint of blush on her cheek, "You're blushing?" I teased.

"Ani!!" as she turned her back at me.

"You're blushing." I said as a matter of fact.

"Aniyo!! I'm not!!!"

"Aigoo..,my girlfriend's embarrassed." I teased more.

"Yah!! Woo Jiho!!!" she turned to me and slapped my shoulder.

I laughed at her antics. I always love her reaction whenever I said the word "my girlfriend". At least in some way, I know I have an effect on her. Though I know who is the lucky person who really owns her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

🎵I'm so sorry but I love you dageosjimal...🎵

I grabbed her phone and looked at the screen. It was GD-sunbaenim calling. Without further ado, I answered the call. It might wake her up.

"Yoboseyo?"

I waited for him to speak but there was nothing. I was about to speak but he hung up.

"Eh? He hung up?"

Confused, I put back noona's phone on the bedside table. I am relieved that her sleep wasn't disturb. I made sure that she's sleeping deeply before deciding to go home. I fixed the blanket and made sure that she is covered.

I looked at her one more time. I saw her brows furrowed. Is it painful again? Nah... she will wake up for sure if it is painful. Hmmmm...Dreaming? Probably. I straightened her brows and her face relaxes.

I smiled and readied myself to went out the door when I heard her muttered...

"Jiyong...Jiyong..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...And I also know that, that person's heart is owned by her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Congratulations, noona" I said as I gave the bouquet of flowers to her

"Thank you!!" she told me as she accepted the flower.

"Actually, I just drop by. I have a schedule today so I went here first to congratulate you. I'm afraid I will not be able to join you on your victory party" I explained.

"That's fine. At least you drop by..." she said.

I saw a glint of sadness in her eyes but then she is smiling at me. Deep in my heart, I wished it is because of me but I know it is impossible. But I am not giving up. Though she rejected me already, I won't give up. I already told her that.

"Well, I need to get going. I might be late. Congratulations again, noona!!" I hugged her before leaving.

I almost bumped to YG as I didn't notice him immediately. As I apologized, I noticed a bouquet of flower in his hand.

'That was unlikely of YG' I thought. My eyes caught a silhouette of a guy outside. I bowed and bid my goodbye once again. I tried to follow the shadow until I reached the parking lot. I got a feeling who it was but I was not able to find him.

"Aiisshhh!!!"

"Zico-ya.." its my manager 

"Oh..hyung.." 

"I am about to go inside. You will be late on your schedule."

"Mian..kaja.."

As I walked back to my car, a black lamborghini aventador passed by us. I smirked, I was right. The bouquet of flower, the silhouette. It's him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But I never regret my decision in pursuing her. I like her too much to stop. She is a wonderful woman. Before, she went back to the Philippines, she told me that she is officially allowing me to court her. Her reason? She said and I quote,

"You're too stubborn. Even I already told you stop, you didn't. That skull of yours is too thick." 

She's really tactless. She always say what she wanted to say. Except her real feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Jiho?!"

"Surprised..."

"What are you doing here?"

"Visiting you. What else would I be here?"

She rolled her eyes and told me to go inside their house. Yes, you read it right, I am inside their house. I visited her in Philippines.

"How did you know our house? We just transferred here 3 days ago." she asked.

"I have my sources."

"Are you stalking me, Woo Jiho?" she turned at me and put both her hands on both sides of her waist. "Did you hire someone to follow me?"

"Aniyo...I would never do that!!"

She crossed her arms and glared at me, "You better tell me NOW!!"

She's really scary when she's mad. I swallowed. I don't know how to explain. I put one of my hands at the back of my head and tried to explain.

"You see...I-i..."

"Zico!!!"

Both of us looked up. It was her younger brother walking down the stair.

"Hyung.." I said as my face lit up. I am saved. Phew!! Confusion were written all over Kath-noona's face.

"How.." then I heard her speak in Filipino to her brother. They were talking and I don't understand anything. But I have a hunched on what they are talking about.

Kath-noona looked back at me and sighed, "So you contacted my brother?"

I just smiled. She shook her head as an indication that she finds it unbelievab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter