Chapter 51

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KATH's POV

 

 

How many days has it been? I think I've been here in Jeju-do for a week now. I requested for a 2-week vacation from YG-sajangnim. That night, when Jiyong drove me to YG HQ, I talked to YG and informed him that my memories are back. I told him I needed time for myself. There are lots of things I need to think about. Also, I need to pick up every pieces of me without anyone's help. I wanted to bring back the old Kath. I felt like the things that happened slowly break me into pieces. And I lose myself along the way. I am not me anymore. This is not just for myself but also for everyone. I wanted to be whole again.

As usual, I am here again at a bench near the sea. Waiting for the sunset. I love how the sea looks like at dusk. I will never get tired of the scenery here at the shore. Though it is cold since it's winter, I always stay here until the night. The sound of the waves calm me. It's like music to my ears.

I already went around Jeju. I even visited Jiyong's cafe, Monsant. The cakes there are good. To be honest, I always eat there for breakfast. I am not a coffee person so I am thankful that they also serves hot chocolate there.

Aside from Monsant, I already went to Bear museum. It's nice there. It made me recall the scenes from Princess Hours. I went to other places but there are still lots of places, I wasn't able to visit. I planned on visiting them on the coming days. My goal is to visit all of the good places here in Jeju before I go back to Seoul.

Before the night ends, I went back to the villa I was renting. It's time to rest. I can say that this vacation is giving me energy. I always look forward for the next day. I can feel that something in me has changed but there are things still missing. That I need to know what. But for the duration of my stay here, I can confidently say that I am becoming more of myself now. Hopefully, I will be able to return as a whole person.

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++

Days passed easily. My 2-week vacation is coming to the end. 2 days left and I'll go back to Seoul. I can say that this vacation really healed me. Well, I am not yet sure if I can face everyone now but I can feel the new energy flowing within my body. I guess my interactions with the locals here help me heal. I also got close to kids here. They don't recognized me. I guess my presence hasn't reached Jeju yet. Or maybe because it is to far to the main city.

"Eonnie!!!" the girls called me.

"Annyeong!! Yeorubun... do you miss me?" I said to the kids.

"We just saw you yesterday noona. How can we miss you right away?" one of the boys said.

"Tch..araseo araseo!! Anyways, what do you want to do?" I asked them.

So everyday, I spent my afternoon with them. It's either we play, tell them a story, teach them or go around the island. Today, they wanted to go play by the beach. So even though it's really cold we went to the beach. The boys are playing on their own while the girls are here beside me enjoying the view. Once again, I felt chilly and it has nothing to do with the weather. It's different. It's the feeling that someone's watching you. This kind of feeling started since 2 days ago. I feel like someone's following and watching me.

I looked around to survey the surroundings. It really feels chilly here. I am not afraid of my well-being. I am more afraid of the kids. If there is really someone stalking me then the kids will be in danger. I think we need to go now.

"Yah!! Kids!! Do you want to eat snack? Let's go. Let's eat now." I shouted at the boys playing near the water.

It's a good thing they comply right away. While we were walking towards the nearest restaurant the chilly feeling is still there. I looked at my back to check but I see no one. Until we were already in the restaurant. I sighed in relief.

I totally forgot about that when we start eating. I smiled at the sight of the kids. How I wish I can go back to being a child? No problems, pure fun. Among these kids, there are two kids that I always observe, Ji Eun and Min Ho. They're cute together. And they remind of someone. Me and Jiyong, when we were kids. I just don't know if we look together like that.

I shook my head trying to erase that thought. I shouldn't think of that. Focus, Kath.

"Noona..." Hyun Bin, one of the kids called me. "Someone gave me this. He told me to give it to you."

It was a purple rose. I looked around. "Who gave you this?" I asked.

The kid shrugged. He told me that he wasn't able to see the guy's face because he was wearing a mask and a cap. I tried to look around but I do not see anyone suspicious around the restaurant.

"Oh? Eonnie..someone gave you a purple rose?" One of the girls asked.

"Ne..but I don't know who gave it to me.."

The kid looks like she's giddy or something. "Do you know the meaning of the purple rose?"

"Meaning? What do you mean?"

She smiled at me proudly and said, "I'll tell you. It's so happen I know the meaning of that. One day my appa went home with a bouquet of purple roses and he gave it to my eomma. I came to knew that it's their anniversary. But since it is not common for me to see purple roses, I asked my appa why she gave eomma purple roses and not red roses. So he told me why. He told me that the color of roses has its meaning. For purple rose, he told me it means enchantment and love at first sight. He told me that when they were still young he fall in love at first sight with my eomma. So every anniversary, he always gave my eomma purple roses. He told me that it's his way of saying that everyday he still fallen in love at first sight with my eomma."

"Love at first sight?" I mumbled to myself.

"So it means that the one who gave it to you fell in love at first to you, eonnie."Ji Eun commented.

Then the kids start teasing me. I just shook my head at them and told them to focus in eating as it is almost the sunset. They need to come back home before sunset. When they're done, one by one, they went back home. All of them are living on the same neighborhood so it was not hard to bring them back home. I bid my goodbye to the kids and went to my usual spot, the bench by the beach.

Once I arrived there, I feel some kind of calmness. Hearing waves from the sea makes my heart calm. The sun is about to set down. I stared at the purple rose that I am holding in my hand.

"Purple rose..enchantment..love at first sight.." I whispered to myself.

While watching the sunset, my mind wandered back to that day. Katie and I's last day as a unit. Jiyong gave a bouquet of purple roses. Did he gave me that roses with that in mind? Does he know the meaning of that? If yes, does it mean...

My mind suddenly stops thinking when I felt that chilly feeling again. I can feel it close. Like whoever that someone, he/she is just near me. Like he/she is just behind me. I abruptly stood up and slowly looked back. My eyes grew wider when I saw the guy standing infront of me.

"Kwon Jiyong.."

 

 

 

 

 

3RD POV

 

<<<<<<<<<< 3 DAYS AGO

 

Kwon Jiyong was sitting on the recording studio with Teddy. The latter was busy with his thing while the other guy was just sitting on the sofa, thinking of something. It was just few days ago when he talked to Zico. The latter explained his side as to what happened with their relationship but not enough for him to understand why they broke up with her. Zico told him to asked Kath about it instead. He really won't go into details. He just says sorry to Jiyong to what he did to Kath.

"Arrggghhh!!!" he screamed.

"Yah!! You almost gave me a heartattack." Teddy reacted.

"Mianhae, hyung!"

"What's going on with you?"

He just shrugged. He's tired of explaining already. He closes his eyes instead to rest it. He wasn't able to sleep well the past few days. Teddy started arranging the songs that will be included on Kath's solo debut.

"You know what Jiyong..,I don't know why you are sulking there. I may not always been around you two but I know what's going on." Teddy said. "Anyways, I want you to listen to these. These are written by Kath. I hope it'll help you think."

"Huh? I don't understand hyung."

"Just listen to that. I'll leave you now." Teddy said. "Oh! Here is Kath's notebook, give it to her when you meet." As he walks toward the door, he looked back to Jiyong, "It's always been you Jiyong."

Jiyong was left at the recording studio dumbfound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter