Chapter 19

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kath was inside the dressing room. The make up artists and stylists from YG was preparing her and other contestants for the next Kpop Star round. She was already dressed. She was wearing a black leather thigh-high boots, a black nonagon boyfriend shirt and a short black fishnet fingerless gloves.

(A/N: same as what CL was wearing)

 

She was sitting on the couch waiting for her turn for a make-up. Ahn Hye Sun sat down beside her. She was done with her dressed and make-up.

"Eonnie...I saw you..."

Kath looked abruptly at Hye Sun with wide-eyed expression, "H-huh?! You saw me? W-what do you mean?" she was already nervous.

"I saw you alighting from GD-oppa's car! Awww..I am so jealous!!"

Kath sighed comfortably. She thought Hye Sun saw something different. She smiled at Hye Sun, "Ahh..that..w-well Jiyong insisted to bring me here."

"I'm so happy for you eonnie! You've successfully grasped the changes. You're not awkward with him anymore." she said.

She just smiled at Hye Sun. Yes, she's right, they both overcome their awkwardness with each other. But today was different. What happened awhile ago was really awkward and embarrassing for Kath. Plus, her heart can't stop pounding hard and she can't stop it. And there's more, it feels like dejavu. She kept on thinking about it but she really can't remember. She tried to remember it but nothing really comes out of her mind. Her trance was disrupted by her message tone.

 

FROM: ✌yongie✌

I know you're thinking about it. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 😂😂 Don't think about it too much. I might not get enough sleep..😂😂✌✌

 

"Eonnie...why are you blushing? Did GD-oppa message you?" Hye Sun teased while trying to look at the message. "What did he said? Can I see? Can I see?"

Kath locks her phone immediately however Hye Sun already saw the message of Jiyong. Hye Sun's eyes grew wider when she read the message. And was wide open as well.

"OMO!! What was that eonnie? What was oppa talking about?"

"I-its n-nothing!!"

"I don't believe you! You turned red while reading oppa's message. So it means something happened!!" Hye Sun continued.

Kath was already nervous. Bullets of sweat were already forming on her forehead and she felt hot as well. She fanned at her face and wiped the sweat. Hye Sun continued to asked questions to her. She quickly stood up and tried to walk out.

"Wooh..why is it hot in here? It's too hot here chinjja!! Ahhmm...i-i'll just go outside." Kath reasoned out.

She walked as fast as she could so she could escape Hye Sun. Unfortunately, the latter read her move and followed her quickly until she was able to reach her. Hye Sun grabs her wrist and hold it tight so she won't be able to escape.

"Eonnie! Where are you going?" Hye Sun squinted her eyes to her Kath-eonnie. "There's something you're not telling me."

Kath bites her lower lips. She really don't want to tell her what happened. But she knew Hye Sun, she won't stop asking until she knew everything. Kath sighed. She knew she was already cornered by Hye Sun. And because that kid is like a sister to her, she can't just ignore her and change the topic.

"Ahmmm....araseo..well...thi...."

"Kath-ssi?"

Kath was interrupted by the make-up artist.

"Ne?"

"I'll do your make up now"

"Oh! Okay.." she said to the make up artist. Before she followed the make up artist, she whispered to Hye Sun first, "I'll tell you later..promise"

Kath sigh in relief and wishes that Hye Sun will forget about it. She sat down infront of the mirror and let the makeup artist did the make up on her. She was trying to forget what happened awhile ago because it wasn't even a big deal. She needs to focus on the competition. She needs to give her best. So she just listened to music while someone's doing her a make-up.

 

 

30 minutes has passed and she's done with the make-up. Kpop Star round 5 officially started. All of the contestant were waiting at the backstage. Kath, fortunately was the 3rd one to battle on YG's team. She was a bit nervous as this round is the battle audition. She will compete with two other contestants from JYP's team and Antenna's team. The first place will be part of the TOP 10, the 2nd place will battle again with other contestants whose 2nd place as well and 3rd place will be eliminated. And, added to that she don't know who is her opponents. These are the factors that makes Kath nervous.

While waiting for her turn, she closes her eyes to relax. But instead of making herself think of nothing, a certain memory plays on her head.

 

(A/N: italized-underlined if it is said in Filipino and italized-bold if it is said in English)

"Kath-kath let's play spin the bottle" one of the kid told to the 8-year old Kath. They were in the middle of their spin the bottle when the Kwon's arrived.

"Jiyongie!!! Dami-eonnie!! come here and play with us!!"

The 8-year old Kwon Jiyong joined them as well as Kwon Dami. After several rounds, the bottle points at Jiyong. Coincidentally, it was Dami who'll have a chance to ask or gave consequence to Jiyong. Dami was smiling mischieviously at him.

"Noona!" Jiyong said in a subtle warning tone, he's still afraid of her sister. He knew his sister is already planning something.

"So..is it Truth or Consequence?"

Jiyong was thinking deeply. He knew that either way, it will be embarrassing. He sighed, "consequence"

Their playmates were excited when they heard the choice of Jiyong. They were anticipating of what consequenced Dami will give to Jiyong while the latter was already nervous of it.

When Dami spoke, all of them including Kath except Jiyong got disappointed. Dami said the consequenced in Korean so they didn't understood any of it. But they got a feeling that it was embarrassing because Jiyong was so red.

"Noona!! Don't do this to me. She didn't know." he whined.

"Yeah, that's why I gave it in Korean so they won't understand."

"Noona...please..."

Dami shook her head, "Do it now Jiyong. They're all waiting."

Jiyong sighed. He looked at Kath and found out that his friend was looking at him confusingly. He knew that kind of face, he will be bombarded by Kath with questions about what her sister said. He closes his eyes and breathed deeply. When he opened his eyes, Kath was still looking at him and waiting for what Jiyong will do. Slowly, Jiyong moves his face closer to her. Kath's eyes as well as the other kids' eyes grew bigger. They were thinking that Dami ordered Jiyong to kiss Kath. But they don't know that it is not just that.

Jiyong leaned closer and closer until their faces were only an inch away of each other. Kath closes her eyes and then she felt Jiyong's lips on her....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..cheek.

 

"Kath-ssi!! Please be ready"

She opened her eyes hastily and puts her right hand on her chest. Her heart was beating wildly. She don't know what's wrong with herself. Aside from that she was kinda confused. Why does even in her memories, the consequenced that was given by her Dami-eonnie was gargled. She didn't hear even one word from it while the next conversation was so clear to her.

"Kath-ssi??"

She looked at the staff with an apologetic expression, "Mianhaeyo" And she stood up and walked towards the stage.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong who is inside the plane was looking at the clouds through the window. He was smiling and the Bigbang members who were looking at him found it weird especially Seungri who is sitting beside him.

"Younbae-hyung, what's happening to Jiyong-hyung? Why he's smiling like that? Is he becoming crazy?"

Youngbae shrugs as he don't actually know why Jiyong was like that but he already have a hunched.

"You can say that. He really is crazy." the guy with a deep voice said.

"TOP-hyung!! Are you serious?"

TOP nodded then closes his eyes leaving the maknae more confused. He secretly glanced at Jiyong and shook his head. 'Yeah, he's crazy......crazy in love...' he thought.

"Seungri-ah, can we exchange seats?" Youngbae asked.

Without further ado, Seungri agreed with him. He really find his Jiyong-hyung weird and he don't want to sit beside him, well at least for now.

"Hey, lover boy!! What happened?"

Jiyong quickly looked at Youngbae, "what were you doing here, Youngbae? Seungri was supposedly beside me. How...why...?"

"I've exchanged seats with him. Seungri was kinda afraid of you right now."

"Huh?" Jiyong asked.

"Well, you were smiling like a madman there so why do you think Seungri won't be afraid of you" Youngbae teased.

Jiyong just rolled his eyes. He then locked his phone. Youngbae managed to see a bit on the screen. He saw a text saying "SHUT UP!? 😑😑". 'Who was that?' he thought. But on the back of his mind, he knew who was that. He just need a confirmation.

"Speaking of you smiling there like a crazy guy. Tell me what happened..did you confessed already?"

"What?! Confessed?? What will I confessed?" Jiyong furrowed his eyes because of confusion.

Taeyang rolled his eyes at Jiyong. He can't believe that his bestfriend is still in denial. "You're in love Jiyong.....with Kath-noona"

Jiyong blushed before responding to Taeyang's accusation, "WHAT??? NO!! I'm....I'm not...she's just my childhood friend!!"

Taeyang shook his head. With the way his bestfriend answered his statement, he was so sure that he's in denial. He was sure that Jiyong is in love. They've been friends for 15 years now, he knew Jiyong that much. Also, the fact that he's keeping their childhood photo in his wallet eversince means something. Taeyang knew that the girl beside him on the picture is quite special. Even he don't know and Jiyong didn't tell him, he was pretty sure that something happened 20 years ago and that might be the reason why his past relationships failed.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that, Youngbae?"

"Nothing. I just thought of something. But just one piece of advice Jiyong, as your bestfriend, figure out what your feelings are before it's too late."

Jiyong looked at Youngbae, he knew his bestfriend was serious. He looked through the window again and thought of what Youngbae said. He knew his bestfriend, he won't say such if he didn't notice something. He remembered something from a long time ago......

 

 

 

The 8 year old Jiyong was sitting on the balcony of their hotel room when his sister Dami approached him.

"Jiyong, you like her don't you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter