Chapter 47

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG's POV

 

So, yeah, that's what happened. Two months ago because of her accident, she got an amnesia. AGAIN. She forgot about me AGAIN. That's TWICE already. That night when she woke up, we were so glad that she's finally 100% out of danger. But, we were shock to hear that the last memory she remembered was when she first met us, BIGBANG, back in Kpop Star. After that, nothing. She doesn't even know that she was the winner of Kpop Star, that she is already signed with YG, her relationship with Zico and what happened before the accident. That day she underwent several tests to check other complications. Fortunately, everything is normal. The doctor explained that what's happening to Kath is a way of protecting herself from pain and trauma. She said that those memories could be a very traumatic experience or something painful that her brain is blocking all those memories. She told us that the memories may or may not come back. It all depends on her.

Few days after she got released from the hospital, she was advised for a weekly psychiatric therapy. We also tried to help her regain her memories or at least tell her what happened. We are helping her slowly. Showed her past performance in Kpop Star. Informed her about her being signed to YG. And told her about her upcoming project with Katie. She panicked about it but we guided her along the way. And she was able to catch up easily.

One day, we tried to let her know about Zico but she got a very bad headache afterwards. Because of that, the doctor advised us not to pushed it. Wait for her to overcome what is needed to overcome. In the end, it is still beyond her control. But she still advises Kath needs to be surrounded by the people on her past. So even I am against of Zico showing his face to Kath, I cannot do anything about it. We also decided not to tell her about us being childhood friend. Because I know I am also one of those people who inflicted pain on her. We also don't want to bombard her a lot as it will not really help. Though it also hurts my family especially eomma who treated her like a daughter, it is inevitable. We do not want to pushed it. We just told her that when I collaborate with her back in Kpop Star we became close and eventually became friends as well with the other members. And that eases her awkwardness with us a bit. Well, A BIT is an understatement. She usually is awkward and shy infront of me but not to other members. I don't know why. But I know she is trying not to be awkward to me.

I sighed. Seeing her now, all smiling and back in her cheerful self, sometimes I wished for her not to regain her memories anymore. Even it means she will not remember the memories we shared together. I sighed again. It looks like fate doesn't want us to be together. I closed my fist and smiled bitterly. 

“Hyung, you can always create new memories with her.” Daesung commented. Sometimes I think Daesung can read minds. This person rarely speaks but when he speaks his mind it is always on point.

“I know, Daesung-ah. But you see how awkward she is to me.” I answered back.

“You can always changed that. Just like before.” TOP-hyung suggested.

“But how can he do that when he as well is awkward and is always hesitant of whatever he wanted to do.' Youngbae added.

So there they are again, nagging me. I massage my temple. “I know. I know. I just....”

“What? Just what, Jiyong?” TOP-hyung raised his eyebrows.

I opened my mouth but closed it again. I really don't know what to say. Why am I hesitant with my actions? That is my question to myself as well. And I haven't got an answer to that yet. 

“Jiyong, don't overthink. Just do what you need to do. Are you going to let your chance slipped in your hands again? You're back to zero, yes, but isn't it a good thing? You have a chance to start all over again.” TOP continued.

“But what if...what if she remembered everything?”

“So what? Isn't it also a good thing in case she remembered everything” TOP-hyung stated.

 I flinched, “I....”

“Jiyong-ah..you might have done something to her before but we know she'll understand. Have you forgotten your favorite quote?” Youngbae said.

“Too fast to live, too young to die...” I muttered to myself.

“Hyunh!! Why don't you trust Kath-noona? Trust her. Give her a little credit” Daesung said while smiling.

"And we always know in the end, she'll still comeback to you" TOP-hyung smiling mysteriously.

Come back to me? I was confused with what hyung said. She was never mine. How come she'll come back to me?

“Hyung...what do you...” but he's no longer with us. 

I found him there with little Seunghyun. He is now talking to Kath. I saw him lightly taps her head and messes her hair. I can see a tint of blush on her cheek and the smile on her face. Jealousy swirl on my system. TOP-hyung glanced at me and smirked. My eyes squinted on him. Is he really making me jealous? If he is, then it is effective. Especially that I know he likes her too. Though he told me, he won't pursue her anymore because he said Kath already rejected him and he don't want to humiliate himself again, I still can't help but be jealous with how close they are and how she's not awkward with him.

“Aissshttt!!!”

“Jealous?” Youngbae pull me up and push me to where they are. “Go!! Don't let the opportunity slipped in your hands.”

Youngbae keeps on pushing me until we reached them. Kath looked at me but she quickly look elsewhere. I sighed and breathe deeply. I decided to act normal. To go back to how I was to her before.

“Yah!! Kay-ah!! I am getting jealous already. Why do you always look away from me? But with other members, you can look straight in the eyes. I thought we were close.” I pouted for better effect.

I saw her looked at me tentatively then quickly looked down, “Mian...I-i-i just...” she mumbled and bit her lower lip. I put my right arm on her shoulders and I felt her stiffened.

“Nah...I am just joking.” I said while tapping her right shoulders like trying to calmed her down. I just don't know if it worked though.

“Omo, Kath-ah... you're blushing.” TOP-hyung teases her.

She suddenly put both of her hands on her cheek, “Aniyo!!” she denied. All of us laughed and her face went redder and redder.

“YAH!!!!” she whined.

I removed my hand on her shoulders and grab her hand instead. She looks at me with her eyes wide. Kyeopta. I just smiled at her.

“So guys, can we borrow Kath?” I asked the staff and they all nodded.

We say our goodbyes to the staff and to Katie. We also asked her to join us but she said she has a dinner with her family who just came from US.

I turned to Bigbang members, “Let's go, guys. Let's eat. Come on, I'm hungry.” I looked at her again, “Kaja?”

She nodded and smiled timidly. I pulled her gently and the rest followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KATH's POV

 

Waaahhh...waaahhhh... he is holding my hand???? Kwon Jiyong!!! Gdragon of Bigbang!!!! He is holding my hand. I fanned myself as I feel hot right now. What's going on?Ottoke... I blew my face with my own breath because I can feel heat emanating on my face.

I let him dragged me. Well, if you call it dragging because he is gently pulling me and I am willingly walking on my own. I also don't know why I let him hold my hand and why I was just following him.

Actually, it has been 2 months like this. I can't remember anything from the day that I met Bigbang in KPOP star. But after I got released from the hospital, Gdragon and Bigbang members are always there for me. Most of the time, Jiyong. I really can't believe that we've gotten close after our collaboration that I can't also remember. However, there's this nagging feeling that it was more than that. I can see on the way the Bigbang members looked at each other or their cryptic conversation that I don't understand. Also, I always found myself lost whenever he talk or stare at me. Another thing, I always got an urge to follow whatever he said unless I am on my stubborn mood. Which is strange because, yes, I am stubborn with others too but my level of stubborness doesn't end there. Those who are very close to me how stubborn I can be.

Really, why did this happened to me? Why do I need to have an amnesia? I thought it only happens in books, dramas or movies. But unfortunately, it happens to me. I sighed. Life !!

“Hey?” he squeezed my hand. 

“Huh?”

“You're spacing out.”

I looked around and I found out that we're already in the company parking lot.

“Tss.” he opened the door of his car for me. “Come on. Go inside.” 

"Ne..” I said.

He closes the door and walked around to get to the other side. My eyes followed him. I am questioning myself, why does Kwon Jiyong is too involved with my life? It's not that I am complaining. I am actually glad that someone is worrying about me and taking care of me. I just find it.....too weird.

“Too weird? What's weird?” he asked. I didn't notice that he's already inside the car.

God! Did I say it too loud? I heard him snickered.

“Yes, you said it too loud!” he is laughing now.

I am so embarrassed. Why do I always embarassed myself infront of him?

“Aissshhh!! Kwon Jiyong!! Stop laughing!!!” my voice sounds irritated and demanding.

Eh? What did I do? Did I just talked to him demandingly? I saw him looking at me. Shock is showing on his face. I looked away. I am so dead. Why did I sound like that? .... I glanced back at him and I saw his face softens. He gently tapped my head while smiling. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What's wrong with this person?

"I miss that...” he must have seen me confused so he continued, “...you calling me by my whole name especially when you're irritated.”

My heart skips a beat. What was that? I just ignored it and continued looking at the window. After a while, I felt my eyes is slowly closing. Well, I am not even surprised as I am really dead tired. Maybe I could take a nap even just for few minutes.

 

Where am I?

I looked around. I am still inside Jiyong's car. But we're not moving anymore. Did we arrived at the restaurant? I looked outside. We were infront of KBS. What are we doing here? I looked at the driver seat and I found Jiyong sitting there.

“uhmm...why are we here?” I asked him.

 

(A/N: For Jiyong's line you can refer to chapter 18. As for Kath's line and POV, it's in the present time. I also made Kath's POV and line Bold-Italized)

 

"Don't worry I'm gonna call and text you everyday."

What is he saying? I am asking him why we're here and his answer doesn't make sense. Then he hugged me. Wait..what's going on?

"I'm gonna miss you!!! Did you know how much I misses you since 20 years ago? I really wanted to hugged you back then when we first met again at YG but there's a lot of people."

Okay. I am confused. 20 years ago? Is this a dream?

"I haven't told you this but I actually wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I thought y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter