Chapter 40

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG POV

 

 

I heard clanking of utensils and faint voices around. But most of all, I can feel my heavy head.

"Ugh..." I moaned as I open my eyes.

"Finally" I heard CL's voice.

I turn my head from where I heard her voice and saw her in the dining area. But she was not the only one there. I saw Soon Ho-hyung, Tae Hee-hyung and of course, Kath with her. They are all looking at me.

I tried to sit up but my head is really giving me a bad headache. I almost fall back to the sofa but someone held me.

"Be careful..."

That voice is familiar. I look up to her and was surprised to see her. 

"I bet your having a headache. You drank too much last night. Hangover."

"Kiko?"

She smiled at me. I glanced at Kath but she's not looking at me. I looked at Chaerin questioningly. I can feel she has something to do with this.

"Well, I had no choice. We can't stopped you. I just thought that maybe she can helped us stopped you and it just so happened that she is here in L.A. So I called eonni." she explained.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I specifically like what she did. She should not have called her. She has nothing to do with this.

"I'm sorry for this Kiko. You should not have bothered."

"It's fine, Ji" Kiko said shyly. "Come on. You need to stand up and eat. So you can take the medicine. And there's a hangover soup ready for you.'

With the help of Kiko, I was able to stand up and sit with them at the dining area. I was seated in the middle of the table. You know, the usual place where the head of the family sits. On my right side sits Soon Ho-hyung and Tae Hee-hyung. On my left side sits Kiko and Chaerin. And across, is where Kath seated.

I looked at her and she's silently eating there. Suddenly, I remembered what happened last night. I really got a feeling that the girl who fixed the mess I've made was her. But with Kiko here, I am now confused. Is it her or Kiko?

"Here's the soup. Eat it while it's hot." I heard Kiko said.

"Oh, thanks. Did you make this?" I asked.

"I..." she pauses suddenly.

I looked at her and she seems loss for words. I saw her eyes glanced at someone and I followed it. That someone was Kath. I think I saw Kath looked at her before looking back at the food that she's eating. But I'm not pretty sure. Kath looks like she was minding her own world.

"...yeah, I-I made that." Kiko said unconfidently.

"Why do I feel like you're hesitating?" I asked.

"Uhmm....I--I... coz I don't know if its good. You know I am not confident when it comes to cooking"

I smiled at her kindly. I tasted the soup and it was delicious.

"Well, you don't need to worry. It's actually good." I told her.

"Thank you..." she said in small voice.

I started devouring the soup that Kiko made and started to eat other food on the table. I keep glancing at Kath. She was so silent and I am not used to that. I am wondering where is Zico. Knowing that kid, I bet he wouldn't missed eating breakfast with her.

"Eonni, where is Zico-ssi?" CL asked.

Okay, so CL beat me to that. I looked at Kath out of curiosity..............uhmm..okay, it's not out of curiosity. I really wanted to know.

"oh..Zico went back to Seoul. His manager called him last night and told him he needs to go back immediately." Kath explained.

The three of them nodded and asked her no more. But Kiko look confused. Chaerin might have noticed it and whispered at Kiko. I watched as Kiko's face went to confuse to shock. She looks at me and Kath, back and forth which is oblivious to Kath as she just keeps on eating silently.

"Later..." I whispered to Kiko.

"So, if Zico went back to Seoul last night. What time did you go home last night?" I asked Kath.

I looked at her and waited for an answer.

"I went back home late. I went to the hotel where Jiho stayed and helped him arrange his things. Then he brought me home first before going to the airport." she said.

I nodded. But was not quite satisfied as her answer seems so smooth. She might have noticed that I am thinking as she looked at me raising her left brows.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that, Jiyongie?"

I just shrugged. I really got a feeling that she was that girl last night. The more I think about it the more I can tell that the girl last night has the same physique as Kath.

"So that is why you were late last night" Kiko suddenly voiced out. "I saw her late last night when she came home. You were already asleep that time." she smiled.

Kath smiled at her and nodded, "Yeah...you should be ashamed of yourself Yongie. You let her suffer last night." then she shook her head.

"Yah!!!" I protested.

She smiled at me teasingly and put her tongue out.

"Tch..."

But...wait...how did this happen? She seem too friendly with Kiko. From what I know, she doesn't like her. She even calls her fish. How come she's good with Kiko here? What's going on?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was dazzled by the brightness of the sun outside and that woke me up from my afternoon sleep. Well, because of my hangover, I just slept after eating breakfast. I wanted to talk with Kath but my head is really giving me trouble so I just slept.

I looked at the time and saw that it's already three in the afternoon. I decided to take a shower to freshen up. After doing so, I can say I am feeling much better now. Maybe because I was able to sleep more. Now, it's time to look for her. There are things I need to asked her.

I was walking around and looking for her when I saw Kiko and Chaerin on the living room. In the garden, I saw Soon Ho-hyung and Tae Hee-hyung. But where is that girl?

I went to her room, she was not there. I went to the rooftop, not there either. I can't find her. Where is she? I was about to leave the rooftop when I saw Kiko coming.

"Jiyong..." she smiled. 

"Hey..."

She walks towards me and sat on the bench. I sat beside her. Looks like she wants to talk to me.

"So Kath and Zico...are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm not" I said honestly.

"How...I mean...I thought after that incident...in the after party...I thought you and her..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter