Chapter 18

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning and Jiyong is already inside his studio at his house. Actually, he was there since last night. He was just sitting on his chair, arms cross on his chest and thinking about something. He was supposedly composing songs for their full album but he cannot concentrate. He can't get off his mind on what transpired last night.

 

 

Few hours earlier....

After talking to Dara, Jiyong strode towards Kath who was currently sitting on the bench near the railings of the rooftop and was having a conversation with his TOP-hyung.

He can't help but noticed the closeness of the two. He knew that all Bigbang members are closed to Kath but the closeness of TOP is different. It was like they've known each other even before.

"Hyung..."

"Oh, Jiyong. You want to talk with Kath?"

Jiyong nodded and TOP stood up.

"Kath-ssi, I'll leave you with Jiyong." TOP said. "You sober up okay?"

Kath nodded and TOP messes her hair.

"Yah!!"

TOP only chuckled and walked back towards the others. He passed by Jiyong and he tapped the latters shoulders.

"Kay-ah?? You already sober up?"

He sat down beside her and put his arm over Kath's shoulder without him knowing that TOP looked back at them.

"I'm not drunk, Yongie! Why would I sober up when I'm not drunk?"

"Yeah right.." Jiyong said sarcastically.

Kath pouted because he don't believe her. Well, she also don't believe herself. She knew that she's tipsy and so talkative right now. That means that she's really drunk. But though she knew that she's becoming so talkative, she still can't help shutting up. She knew this will not be good.

"What did you talked about with Dara-eonnie?" she suddenly asked. There's a hint of jealousy on her tone and Jiyong noticed it. He took his arms out of her shoulder and looked at her straight with his arms cross on his chest.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Jiyong teased. His eyes we're even squinted.

Kath was surprised with Jiyong's question, 'Am I?' she thought suddenly. "No!!! Why would I? I'm an appler. A daragon fan." she said with conviction. But at the back of her mind, his question is echoing as she don't know the real answer.

"Why you're so defensive?" Jiyong teased once again.

"No, I'm not. I'm just stating the fact!! Anyways, just answer my question. You know me, I'm persistent. I won't stop until you gave me the answer. Plus, if you won't answer me, it means that Daragon is real." Kath laughed, evil laugh to be exact.

Jiyong smiled and shook his head at the sillyness of her childhood friend. He really can't believe that he will see Kath drunk as this. And he knew that this girl is really persistent. Even before, she won't stop unless she'll get what she wants. That's how stubborn Kath is. And she was twice more stubborn, now that she's drunk. What more if she drunk more than two beers. He mentally note to himself, 'don't let her drink more than 1 beer'

Jiyong faced her, looked at her seriously and put both of his hand on his waist. He looked like he's going to scold her.

"I will answer your question. But first thing firsts. Don't you ever drink more than 1 beer, araseo? You're not a good drinker. With just 2 beers, you're like that already."

She pouted and whined, "Yah! That's unfair. I am not even drunk. If you'll asked me what happen tomorrow. I will still remember it."

But when she looks at Jiyong, she saw his serious and sterned look. She suddenly looked down like a coward and nodded her head. "Araseo" she mumbled.

Jiyong smiled secretly and then pretended to be serious again, "What? I didn't hear you."

"Araseo!!" she yelled. "Now tell me, is Daragon real?"

Jiyong saw the difference on her emotions. First, she looked defeated, then pissed then when she asked about Daragon she looked curious and hopeful. He really can't get Kath. How can she showed different kinds of emotions in just a minute. 'Ah...what beer can give to a person' he thought.

He deeply sighed and prepare himself to answer. He can't get away with it anyway. He knew this will come that's why he talked with Dara first.

"Araseo. I'll answer you. Me and Dara-noona are just friends."

After hearing it, Kath stood up, faced him and sat crossed legs (sitting indian style) over the bench. She squinted her eyes making him feel that she don't believed him.

"Palli!! Tell me the truth!!!" while she crossed her arms over her chest.

Jiyong smiled as she knew Kath won't believe him. "I know you won't believe me. But that's the truth. We're just friends..."

He saw that she was about to say something but he didn't let her, "...wait!! Don't comment yet. Can't you wait...you really didn't change at all. You're still impatient. I'm not done yet. Let me finish first before you say something..unless..."

When he glanced at Kath's face, she already have her eyes and mourh wide open. He knew she already got the answer so he smiled at her then tapped her chin to closed . Her eyes slowly turned to normal but as Jiyong looked at her eyes, it was rather asking for something. Something like a confirmation. He nodded at her and he saw different emotions displayed on her face and eyes like happiness, excitement, thrilled and he thought he saw disappointment, sadness and jealousy there but he was not so sure. 'How could she feel that when she said she's an appler' he thought.

"I've got a feeling that there's a but..."

He laughed hard at her, "hahaha..what are you a psychic?!!"

"You can say that. Now spill it."

Jiyong sighed, "..but we're just friends now. Good friends. It's been what? I think that was 3 years ago when we..you know..So now we're just friends..I talked to her awhile ago to asked if I can tell you."

Kath nodded. She can't believe that her OTP were just friends now. She was happy that at some point it was real but at the same time she's sad for her fellow Applers. They all still believe that Daragon is still real. She wanted to asked why they broke up but she didn't. It's their privacy anyway.

"But that won't stop me from reading Daragon fanfic...now that I knew that it WAS real...hahahaha"

Jiyong shook his head because of her craziness. Then something struck his mind. He thought this is the best time to asked about it now that she is so talkative.

"How about TOP-hyung?/How about the fish?" they both asked at the same time.

"TOP?/Fish?" again at the same time.

They paused for a bit then laughed.

"Money for us...hahaha..but on the second thought can I just have it all. You're like the richest guy I know.." then she laughed and made a peace sign to Jiyong.

"Crazy!"

Kath stopped laughing. Then she said, "Since you've answer my question awhile ago, I'll answer your question first. I'll park the question about the fish. But I'm kinda confused. What do you mean by TOP?"

"Fish? What fish?"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Later okay..what about TOP?"

Jiyong's eyebrows furrowed because of confusion but he needs to know the answer first to his question. It's been bugging him. "Araseo...TOP-hyung..you seem so closed now..I mean.."

But Kath didn't let him finished. She already knew what he meant.

"Aha!! Revenge time!!..." she said then smiled teasefully at Jiyong. "Why Yongie? Are you jealous? Jealous of our closeness?"

"Yes, I am." Jiyong said seriously.

The smile of Kath slowly fades away. Shocked was seen on her face. Her eyes furrowed and confusion envelopes her. Jiyong was also surprised with himself. He don't know why he said that like it was an automatic response. 'Am I really jealous?' he thought.

Then, "Yah!!!" Kath slapped his arms that made him come back to his senses. "You're teasing me again noh? I was supposed to be the one teasing you..uhmmp"

Jiyong blinked several times before smiling, "huh? Revenge time? I think you lost there missy.."

"Tch..anyways, back to your question. Yes, Tabi and I were really closed. Sorry if I didn't tell you. We've met at KBS studio after the casting round. It was accidental. But, yeah we became friends since then. Mianhae, for not telling you. Tabi, requested not to tell you. And don't asked me why coz I also don't know. I just followed him out of friendship. Mianhae Yongie!!"

Jiyong's face doesn't look good and Kath noticed it. She sighed deeply and stared downwards. She don't want Jiyong to be mad at her but she think he is.

Jiyong finally looked at Kath and saw that she was looking down. He cannot see her face but he saw teardrops falling on the bench. He closed his eyes and cursed under his mouth. He don't want to see her cry. Ever since that incident, the first time he saw her cry 20 years ago, he promised himself that he won't let Kath cry because of him. Now he broke it again. It's his fault, he knew it. He shouldn't have shown his bitterness about it. He wasn't really mad but knowing Kath, she might have thought he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter