Chapter 16

HE is my Childhood Friend?!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KATH's POV

 

It has been few days since that day, the day I knew my connection to the Kwon family. I haven't seen Mrs. Kwon and Dami-eonnie yet after that day. But they always call me and see to it that I eat healthy food. Jiyong always brought food made by his mother.

The awkwardness between him and I were long gone. Though I admit, there were times that I still feel shy towards him. Who wouldn't? He is still Gdragon, the leader of Bigbang, my bias. And he sometimes, well not sometimes, always teased me about him being my favorite Bigbang member. I swear, if only I knew this would happen, I should have stick to TOP. He was my first bias in Bigbang. 

Speaking of Bigbang, well if I am dreaming, I don't want to wake up. I've become close with all of them. Not just with me but also to Hye Sun. They always hang out with us especially Seungri (if he's not clubbing or traveling to other countries 😉) and Daesung even without Jiyong. Taeyang being the shy guy, hangs out with me if he's with Jiyong or the other Bigbang members. And TOP, well it was a different story.

Anyways, never in my fan girl life, I have imagined that I will become as close to them as this. I bet every VIPs in the world would do anything just to be in my place. #fangirlgoals 😂😂😂😂

 

 

"Hey, Kath"

I look up to see the guy I have been waiting for almost 20 minutes now in this cafe in Gangnam. I squinted my eyes to him and slapped him in the arms.

"Ouch" he whined while he sat on the chair across me.

"Yah!! You...you're late!!! How dare you made me wait for 20 minutes. I know I'm not Hye Rin. But for you to made me wait is really too much. Do you really take me as your friend? Huh, Daniel?"

Yes, its Daniel Kang. My friend in Kpop Star. We haven't seen each other like forever. He was casted by JYP, that's why. We're both busy with the upcoming round and this was the only time we can see each other before the next round. He flicks me on the head lightly.

"Yah!!!" I pouted, my arms on my chest and pretended to be mad at him.

"You're really such a drama queen Kath. Unfortunately, I knew you inside out. No matter how good you are in acting I always knew you were acting."

"Tch...Still you made me wait for too long"

"Araseo! Mianhaeyo. I was so tired last night so I overslept. That's why I'm late." He explained.

I roll my eyes at him, "As usual. What's new!! Anyways, how about you buy us drinks now while I call Hye Rin."

"Okay"

He stood up and made his way to the counter. I unlocked my phone to video call Hye Rin on Facebook. Actually, I was the one who set up this meeting. Aside from I miss their company, I wanted to tell them what transpired for the last few days. I already informed Hye Rin that there's something I wanted to tell her a day after the incident but I told her that it can't be right there and then as I need to complete everything that I need for competition. Good thing she didn't insists. She knew the contest is my priority.

"Hey" she said once the video call got connected.

"Annyeong!! Hye Rin-ah. Nomu nomu bogo shipeo!!!" I wave my hands to her.

"Nado. I really miss you so much!! Its been awhile. By the way, where is Daniel?" 

"He's buying drinks. Am I really the one you misses or its Daniel? I teased.

"Yah!! Of course, I misses you both. There you are again. You're teasing me."

I laughed at her. She was so red. "Aigoo, I don't know what will I do to both of you."

"Don't change the subject here. It is you we need to talk about. So is this about him? Is there something going on already?" she asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Aniyo!!" I immediately said. I know who she was talking about. "And how many times do I need to told you, he's just a friend. And there's nothing going on." I said dimmissively.

"If you say so..but then what is it that you want to tell me?"

"Not just to you, you selfish. Annyeong!!" Daniel said while giving me may milk tea and settling our orders on the table.

"Wow! Daebak! Nice greeting, Daniel" Hye Rin said sarcastically.

There they are again. The cat and the dog. I just shook my head while watching them. I really don't know why these two were masking their true feelings by always arguing. I sighed deeply.

"Really, you two, seriously you need to stop now. If you like each other just admit it okay instead of bantering and teasing each other. My ears are already tired." I said loudly while covering my ears.

"NO WAY!!!" / "SHUT UP, KATH!!" both of them blurted at the same time.

"So are you gonna just teased each other or you would like to listen to what I'm going to tell you?"

They stopped bantering and that was my cue to start. I told them everything that has happened to me this past few days and when I told them about GD. Their reactions were:

DANIEL: WHAT??!!! HOW?...WHY?... 😰😰

HYE RIN: OMO!!! OMG!! DAEBAK!!! 😲😲

They bombarded me with lots of questions. With friends as crazy as Park Hye Rin and Daniel Kang, I should have expected this.

"So that was really GD. It is really him. The black aventador that was following you. I told you so. So that's the reason why he was following you. Daebak!! What a small world..." Hye Rin said.

Clearly, both were astonished by what had happened.

"But were your memories back?" Hye Rin asked.

"Unfortunately, no. And I don't think I can still regain my childhood memories. Though, some appeared as dreams. But some were clear enough, some were still vague."

"That's sad." they both said.

"Well, a bit. If I cannot retrieve my memories then we can just create new memories right."

"I am just wondering did sunbaenim already knew about you being GD-sunbaenim's childhood friend that's why he tried to be friend you beforehand?" Daniel asked.

I shrugged. Because I really don't know. I didn't thought about that...But I think, based from his reaction, he didn't knew as well. Or did he? 🤔🤔

 

 

After talking for almost 5 hours, we decided to call it a day. I need to go back to YG HQ, Daniel also needs to go back to JYP HQ and Hye Rin needs to sleep now.

"If you need someone to talk to, always remember I'm just one call away. Arachi?"

"Really? One call away?! 😂😂 you should have sing that."

He flicked my forehead again, "Pabo!! You always joked around. I'm serious"

"Arayo!! No need to hurt me." I whine while massaging my forehead.

After few minutes of endless bickering, we finally bid our goodbyes. As I was walking towards the bus stop, a black car stops infront of me. The window rolled down a bit and I was so shocked to see who it was.

"Sajangnim?" I blinked several times. I can't believe what I am seeing right now.

"Kath-ssi?" he called a bit loudly that made me woke up from my trance.

"Huh?...ah..Annyeonghaseyo...joesonghamnida sajangnim..I...I was just.." but I was not able to finished what I'm about to say.

"Gwaenchanayo..geunde, I was asking you awhile ago. You haven't answered me yet."

I furrowed my eyebrows and think of what he asked me. My mind was floating when I saw him and I didn't hear what he was asking. Omo!! What should I do?

"You didn't hear it, did you?" I honestly nodded and then he laughed. "I said, if you're going to the YG HQ, you can ride with as I am going there as well. And I insist. I also need to talk to you"

So I don't have much choice right? Nah, I really don't have a choice. So I nodded at him and went inside the car. My heart was beating faster than the normal. I am so nervous. I felt like I was on fire and my throat was dry. But take note, it is winter. I heard him chuckled softly.

"Kath-ssi...should I put the aircon on high? You're sweating."

"Aniyo. I...i drank hot chocolate drink in the cafe where you found me. Yes, that's it. Tha..that's why, I am sweating. My body temperature will come back to normal in no time." I timidly smiled at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked one more time.

"Ne."

"Anyways, how's your song? Did you follow my suggestions?"

"Ahh..Ne. I tried it and it was much better. Kamsahamnida. I also changed a little bit. So it's kind of different from the last time."

"Gwaenchana. It is my job as I casted you at YG. I'm excited to hear it again. You didn't forget that you all have a meeting with me later, right?"

"Ne."

An awkward silence envelopes us. I have a feeling that this was not the what he was talking about when he told me that he needs to talk with me. All of us, the contestants he casted, will be having our last meeting with him later. So I am pretty sure that it is not about this. I got calmed when we were talking about the song but now here I am again getting nervous on the thing that we he really want to talk about,

I am looking outside to check if we're near the YG HQ. Unfortunately, I estimated that we will about to reach YG HQ for about 20 minutes more and it would be long enough for things to talked to.

"So.." he started. "I heard about Jiyong."

I closed my eyes, breathes deeply and swallowed. This is it.

"Don't be nervous, Kath-ssi. I don't have anything against your friendship with Jiyong. Actually, I am really happy that you finally renewed your friendship."

I was surprised with what he said so I looked at him questioningly.

"Yes, I knew it even long before you knew it." he said.

"Does this mean..."

"No, no. I know what you are thinking. It is not the reason why I casted you. I only knew about you and Jiyong that day when he gave you the jacket. And don't you ever think that I will be bias on my judging on KPOP star because of this. That's actually the reason why I only knew this lately. Jiyong doesn't want to tell me because he was afraid that it will affect my judging at Kpop Star and he knows that you will not like it. But I am telling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter