Invited

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

~*~Yunho P.O.V.~*~

I HATE PARTIES. Growing up in a rich family, I can say I’ve been in many, but there was not a single party that I liked. I don’t like being in crowded halls and ballrooms, surrounded by people I do not know. I’m not very fond of socializing with people. I’ve attended different parties with different themes, and different dates of celebration, but with the same kind of annoying people. I hate the fact that parties now, seem to be some kind of event where everyone has to show off. Most people say parties are fun because they bring people together, but in my case it’s just different. Everything has to be luxurious and grand. People do nothing but talk about how cool, awesome and rich they are or what so ever. It’s annoying, irritating and stressful.

I massaged my temples in frustration as I looked at the invitation my parents had made for my upcoming 20th birthday. They said it had to be grand so, they invited all of my batch mates to come without even telling me. They reasoned out that they wanted to surprise me and they have surprised me… In a negative way.

I wanted things to be simple, just a regular party would do. I wanted a simple gathering with all the few people who are important to me.

“Don’t you like it, Yunho-ah?” My mother asked as soon as she noticed the expression on my face. I felt a bit guilty about making her feel upset, but I didn’t want to lie to her as well.

“Eomma, you know how I hate parties….” I explained to her. “Don’t get me wrong… I appreciate all your effort, but I was actually hoping to have a small celebration, with just you, dad, Jihye, my best friends and well… you know… Junhae…”

I felt my face heat up as I uttered Junhae’s name. Just thinking about her makes me feel giddy…

“We plan to announce that you’ll be working alongside with me in the family business at your party. Your mother and I thought that, we should make it really special.” My father said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.  “Aish… Don’t worry, next time, we will plan it just like how you like it…”

I smiled at how understanding they’ve become. I’m happy that my family’s getting closer and our relationship has become more open with one another…

“Don’t forget to give Junhae an invitation, okay? We didn’t give her one so that you’d be the one to personally give it to her…” Eomma said with an encouraging smile, pertaining to the invitation they had just shown me. I smiled and thought that maybe the party wouldn’t be so bad after all.


The next morning as expected, everyone’s been talking about grand party to happen in a few weeks. Everyone was so giddy about it, especially those annoying girls who squeal a lot. Even Junhae’s step sisters were invited; it was making us both worried. The step sisters haven’t been treating her good all her life and when they found out about our relationship, things became worse between them. I sat on my respective place and decided to read a book while waiting for Junhae. Just about two minutes before our first class starts, she comes rushing to her seat. She looked really haggard. She was panting hard like she ran in a marathon. Her hair was all over the place and she had a pile of messily stacked books in her hands. I immediately stood up to help her.

“Good morning!” I greeted her with a smile.  She tried to smile back, but I can tell she was too annoyed to do so. Bad day, I guess.

“Step-sisters?” I guessed as I raised an eyebrow. She nodded and sighed as she fixed her things and sat on her seat. She got a mirror and a brush to fix herself before our professor came in to start with our lesson.


After classes, Junhae was still sad. She was usually talkative when she’s with me, but today she’s just really quiet. I held her hand and smiled. She gave me a sad smile as she squeezed lightly squeezed mine.

“I’m really sorry, Yunho. Today just isn’t a great day…” She apologized and I let go of her hand to sling my arm around her shoulder.

“Aish… It’s okay… I understand… I got something to say… Well, I’m not sure if this is the right timing. I’m not sure if it will lighten up your mood a bit, but…” I scratched the back of my head before I handed her the invitation.  She looked at me with a puzzled expression before opening it to read what’s inside it…

“You are cordially invited to celebrate with us the 20th Birthday of Jung Yunho…” She read out loud before she turned to me with a smile.

“I was hoping you’d be there and be my date for the formal event…” I explained feeling my face heat up in embarrassment.  She gave me a warm smile before she held my hand and tiptoed to give me a kiss on the cheek, making my heart beat fast against my chest.

“It would be my pleasure, my handsome prince…” She said giggling, making me smile as I held her close to me.

“It would be an honor to have you with me that day, beautiful young maiden.” I replied before kissing her hand like princes do in the movies.


A.N. It took me pretty long to update this. I’m really sorry for the wait. You guys might have thought that I have given up on this story.  To make it clear that I have no plans of abandoning this story, I decided to update. ^^ I’m really sorry for the delay. Writer’s block just came up and it’s really frustrating. I do hope you guys are still supporting me on this… I’m really sorry for being a lousy writer and for letting all of my readers down…

With love,
Kei-chan <3

P.S. You guys might want to check out a fic my dongsaeng, Eia  and I are writing together... ^^ It's an OCs X TVXQ fanfic. It's called "Defying the Odds." Here's the link to it:   

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/438797/defying-the-odds-changmin-tohoshinki-tvxq-yunho-originalcharacter-changminandoc-yunhoandoc