What if?

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oj0iykM75Y&feature=player_embedded


 


~*~Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

“Even so… look around you Yunho. There are a lot of people who love you and your pushing them away. Look now before you loose them all. Let’s go, Junhae-ah.” EunSae said and stormed off.

I kept my eyes focused on the two as they left me dumbfounded. Eunsae’s words were right, but she doesn’t have the right to judge me right away. Junhae wasn’t the only one hurting. I also was. I didn’t mean to say those things to her. I was just stressed out these days. I didn’t mean to shout at her and scare her off.

Junhae and I had a rough start, but we were starting to get to know each other better. We were starting to like each other as friends, but I had to ruin everything. Aish… What was I thinking?

Her hurt and sad expression flashed in my mind simultaneously. Her crystal tears stabbed my heart. I hurt her. I was so mean to her. What have I gotten myself into?

”Hyung, I’m not trying to go against you or anything, but, you shouldn’t have done that…” My youngest peer remarked. I hung my head low, accepting my own faults.

”Shim Changmin!” Jaejoong hissed as he hit our maknae with his elbow. He was the only one who knows why I was acting that way. I haven’t told the rest what happened. I wasn’t ready.

”Yah, Jaejoong-ah he was right…” I said, admitting that I was wrong. “I hurt Junhae-ah.”

All my friends immediately gasped at my statement. I looked at them with a puzzled expression.

”Yah? Waeyo?” I asked, having no idea of what they were thinking.

”It’s the first time you called her by her name, hyung.” Yoochun replied. “Ususally you’d address her as, ‘clumsy girl’, or ‘that pabo’. You would call her Kang Junhae, but you say it in an angry tone, like you’re cursing her or something.”


”Yeah, and to add to that, you’ve admitted that you’re wrong for treating her badly.” Junsu added. I thought for a while, and realized that he was right.

’Kang Junhae… Could it be that I.....-Aish, I have a lot of things to think of already. This isn’t the right time to think of her.’
 



 



I glanced at my surroundings  and stayed at the veranda in Jaejoong-hyung’s room He agreed to share his room with me, while I’m staying at the Kim’s residence.
I tried to think things through.  I was really confused. I don’t know who to believe. Umma said she was faithful to Appa. She never met Chondae ever when they got married. She only saw him once, when he unexpectedly came to their house and nothing else happened, but the test said that Jung Yunjoong and I aren’t blood related at all. How did that happen?

~*~Flash back~*~

”He’s your son, why do you need him to take a DNA test?” I heard Umma and Appa arguing again. Their fights have gotten worse after I found out about their past. Appa kept on insisting that I’m not his son. It hurt me so much to be neglected by my very own father, but I have to understand him. He’s only confused.


”Umma, Appa, stop fighting. I’ll just take the test…” I insisted.

”But Yunho-ah!” My mother tried to protest. I squeezed her hand in assurance.

”I’ll take the test, for you, Appa.” I told my father, looking him straight in the eye. “If I prove you that I’m really your son, will you treat me the way I’m suppose to be treated?”

”I guess that’s fair, but if you’re not?” He questioned.

”If I’m not, then I’ll back out of your life, easily… and never bother you again…” I told him. I can’t deny that I was scared of the things that might happen, but I knew taking the test was the only way I could put a stop to our problem.

~*~

And so the results came out. I had the envelope of the file in my hands. My heart beat rapidly, as I was nervous to know what the result says.

I opened it and let out a sigh. ‘I can do this. I’m Jung Yunjoong’s son. I can feel it!’

I read the whole result and it said that I wasn’t. I wasn’t related to Jung Yunjoong…

I read it again and scratched my eyes. I blinked it a few times and even pinched myself, hoping that every thing was only a dream, a horrible nightmare and I’d soon wake up, but it was all real. I was awake and it’s true that I’m not a Jung at all.

”Looks like I proved you, wrong, Yunho.” My dad, or should I say, whom I thought was my dad, said coldly.

”Then I’d do as you wish…” I told him.

I went to my room to pack my things. I don’t know were I’m going to stay, but I have to keep my promise to him. At least he’s going to get what he wished for. At least he’s happy…

No matter how mean he is and no matter how many times he hurt me, I knew in my heart that I’ve always loved him as my dad, even when I found out he isn’t.

I finally put the last set of my clothes in my bag. I zipped it and walked to the door. I took one glance in my room, knowing that I wasn’t going to see it ever again. I reminisced about my memories in our house, everything, whether the good or bad.


I was about to leave when I remembered about dad. I wasn’t going to leave with out saying good bye to him. Even if he never loved me, I knew I love him and it hurts me to leave him.


I remembered that I hadn’t given him the latest report on our company. I wasn’t able to give it to him after I heard about his talk with mom. I got it from my study and held it in my hands.

I sighed then knocked on the door. I entered at his signal.


He stared at me with cold eyes.

I tried to endure the pain of looking at him. “Here’s the last report.” I said as I handed it to him, in which he accepted. “I happy to be able to have met you, Sir. I’m very thankful for everything that you have done for me. I promise to pay you back in the future, for your expenses and your burden with me. Thank you so much and good bye, Mr. Jung…”

I bowed and left with a crushed heart.

As I was leaving, My mom immediately stopped me. Jihye held my arm and both of them cried.

”Are you crazy? Where will you stay?” Ji hye asked as she cried like a child begging her dad to never leave home for work.

”I’ll be fine, Jihye… I can stay in my friend’s house.” I assured her.

”Yunho-ah, my son, don’t leave us…” Umma cried.

”Oppa, don’t leave me please…” Jihye pleaded.

I wiped her tears and smiled at her.

”Oppa is a grown up now.” I said. “I can take care of myself JiHye.”

I gave her and Umma one last hug.

”I have to do this. I’ll call you once I find a place to stay.”


I was about to leave when Ms. Aeja stopped me.

”Young master! Young master, Yunho-sshi!” She called out. “You don’t have to do this! What if you get hurt? Or get kidnapped?”

”I took martial arts lessons, Aeja-sshii.” I told her. “I can take them besides, I’m not a little boy anymore.”

”But Young master… we’re worried about you…” She told me.

”I have Jaejoong, Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun…” I said. “They can take care of me…”

”But Young master…” She tried to protest.

”I’ll be fine, besides, I’m not you’re young master anymore, Ms. Aeja…” I told her.

”No matter what happens… You’ll always be my young master, Yunho-sshii, the sweet little boy I took care of.” She said as tears formed her eyes. “I don’t believe what those papers say… and I never will…”


”I’ll leave for now, until things are fixed…” I told her. “I’ll give You, Umma and Jihye a call, if something happens…”


And with that I left.

 
~*~ End Of Flashback~*~


”Yunho-ah!” Jaejoong called as he burst in to his room. “It’s dinner time!”

”Oh… Okay I’ll be there…” I replied , giving him a weak smile.

”Are you, alright?” he asked with a concerned expression. Jaejoong always knows what’s going on with my mind. He’s my best friend and he knows me very well. He’s like a real hyung to me and he’s always there for me. He knows a lot of things that Junsu, Yoochun, and Changmin don’t know.

”I know you’re still upset about your dad.” He told me. “But you have to be strong. We’re here for you, and we will never leave your side. I can always be your Hyung and my parents can be yours too. You can be my little brother and I’ll love you and treat you nice. I’ll share every thing I have with you and cheer you up when you’re down. Don’t give up, Yunho-ah. Don’t feel sad. There are a lot of people who care about you…”


”Komawo… Jaejoong-hyung…” I gave him a friendly hug.

”I don’t believe what the results say… Something’s fishy about everything that’s happening… What if the results are wrong?” Jaejoong said. “You look exactly like uncle. How can you not be his son?”

”I don’t know either, but how can it go wrong Jaejoong-hyung?”


”Yunho-ah, what if, someone paid the doctors who have the results to make a fake one? To give you a wrong result and trick your parents?”

”Who would do such a thing?” I asked him.

”What if there’s someone after the company?” Jaejoong suspected. “You’re the only one who is able to inherit the company and since, Jihye is a girl, uncle can’t just give it to her, she has to get married to attain the company and her husband must help her in running it. What if someone close to your father wants the company and knows that your dad doesn’t accept you, grabbed the chance to pay the doctors who ran your DNA test to make a fake one, so he’ll have the company to himself?”

Jaejoong’s idea struck me, but who would do such a thing?



 


A.N. Sorry for not updating yesterday. My mind wasn’t functioning well, because of training. Training has been really hard ever since I got promoted! >_< I’ve gotten really tired these past few days. Mianhe.

I’ve also told you that I have a surprise for you on my last update. I really do have one but I’m still working on it, so it might take a while.

~With Love,
~Kei-chan <3