Advice From Dad...

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVGGEACYDM&feature=player_embedded



 


~*~Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

”Thanks so much, Jaejoong-hyung, Auntie Jaeya, Uncle JoongHyun… “I said as I bowed. “You have been there for me when I was feeling down.  Thanks so much for everything, for letting me stay here and for becoming my second family. I am truly grateful for all your kindness.”

”We’re very happy to have you around, Yunho. You’re like a son to us too. Don’t forget to visit us okay?” Auntie Jaeya said sweetly.

”I’m happy that you and Uncle Yunjoong are fine, now.” Jaejoong-hyung said with a smile.

“You take care of yourself, okay. Spend lots of time with your family, now that your problems are fixed. At least, reward yourselves with a celebration.” Uncle Hyunjoong said as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

”We will, thank you so much everyone!” I said then left.  I went home happily. As I got out of the car my dad was there waiting for me by our mansion’s gate with a loving smile.

”Welcome back, son.” He said as he put my arm on my shoulder.  As we entered the gates, my little sister ran to me and hugged me tight.

”Yunho-oppa…” She said, sobbing. “I missed you so much oppa…”


”Dongsaengie… I missed you too… “I said, sincerely as I pulled out of her embrace to wipe her tears. “Oppa is here and oppa will never leave you, arasso?”


She nodded her head in reply and hugged dad.

”I’m sorry for the things I’ve said to you, Appa. You’re my dad and I should respect you and love you. I’m really sorry…”  She apologized whole heartedly.

”It is okay, princess. I’ve had some mistakes too. Let’s just forget about the dreadful things that happened to our family and start all over again…”

With that we entered our house to see mom rushing. She had her pink apron on and she was cooking. It was rare to see her that, since all the maids do all the work and mom doesn’t do much anymore because she helps dad in managing the company.

I was happy to see her cook again. I’ve missed her cooking and I’m sure Appa and Jihye did as well.

”Chagiya… It’s been a long time since you cooked here in the house…” My dad uttered the ‘Chagiya’ awkwardly. It’s been a long time since dad called her Chagiya. Aish my parents… they’re so cheesy.


”Dae… Yeobeo… I just thought I should cook for the family, since Yunho’s coming back and since we’re all going to start out again as one happy family.” She replied, there was an evident blush on her face; I couldn’t help but smile at my parents’ sweetness. “Besides, I really missed working at home…”

She left with a shy smile as she tucked her hair to her ear.

I nudged at dad and he shrugged awkwardly.


”What?” He asked defensively.

”Appa… Does starting out as one happy family, mean, that Jihye-ah and I are going to have a new baby brother or sister too?” I asked, with a sly grin.

”Y-yah! What are you saying, Jung Yunho!?” He asked as he punched my arm a bit hard. “B-besides, it’s too late for that. W-we’re too old for those things!”

”Bwoh?! But you and umma are only 40 years old!” I answered back. Yes, they’re still a bit young. They got married and had me at their 20’s.

My dad just shrugged and scratched his head in a frustrated manner.

”What? I like kids!” I shouted.

”You can have kids of your own, when you graduate!” He answered back and left.
 



 


We had a wonderful dinner together. I was happy to have my happy family back once again. When we finished, we helped one another with cleaning up. After cleaning, up, I approached dad for some fatherly advice…

”Appa… Can I talk to you about something?” I asked with my hands behind my back.

”Sure, Yunho-ah. What do you want to talk about?”  He asked as he moved from the couch, so I can sit beside him.


”It’s about… girls…” I said nervously. He looked at me with a smile that says ‘It’s about time!’

 “Girls? Hmm… Do you have problem with girls? Do you happen to like someone in class” Huh, son?” He asked.

I nodded my head.

”I really like this girl named Junhae and I want to tell her, but a lot of things are holding me back…” I said as I hung my head low. “You see… It was sort of… a love-hate relationship between us… When I first met her… I really hated her, but as time past by, I’ve learned to like her. I’ve been mean to her recently, and I’m afraid that she might reject me, and also, Changmin likes her too. I don’t want to be called a traitor or anything. I love Junhae with all my heart, but Changmin is one of my best friends… I don’t know what to do…”

”Well… that is hard…” He said as he cupped his chin with his thumb and fore finger, thinking thoroughly. “Why don’t you talk it out with Changmin too, before telling Junhae, how you feel.”

”What if he hates me, after that?” I asked, nervously, afraid of the negative things that may happen to my friendship with my youngest best friend.


Changmin is like a little brother to me. He’s a very nice person. He’s understanding and mentally matured, but you still can’t take off the fact that he’s young and vulnerable. I don’t want him to get hurt. It’s his first time to be attracted to a girl. First love always hurts the most… I don’t want him to get hurt and be lonely.

”When you tell him the truth, everything will be alright. You and Changmin will be more comfortable to tell Junhae your feelings. It’s up to Junhae’s heart, now. Of course, she can’t choose the both of you. One of you will surely get hurt. When she chooses, you, become understanding of Changmin and comfort him. Talk to him and help him to move on. If she chooses Changmin, understand her feelings and accept your defeat…”

”Arasso…” I said, sadly. Knowing that one of us will get hurt was painful for me, but I’ll try to be happy no matter whom she’ll choose. I should respect her, no matter what, for I love her…

”It will be hard… But I know you can do it, son. Hwaiting!” He encourage. “If she doesn’t choose you, then she may not be the one for you and maybe God has someone better for you, so don’t be upset. If she chooses you, treasure her and love her. Never take her for granted and respect her.”

”Arasso…” I said as I nodded. “Komawo, Appa.”

”Cheonmaneyo…”
 



 



It was another day in school. I straightened my neck tie and fixed my school blazer.

”Hwaiting!” I said to myself. It was a big day for me. I’ve finally decided to tell my best friend the truth and confess to Junhae.

I bade my parents good bye and went to school. Dad wished me luck, for he knew of my plan. I was nervous, but no matter what Junhae’s answer will be, there’s always a meaningful reason, behind it.

When I went to get my books in my locker, I saw Changmin. I approached him and greeted him with a nervous, but sincere good morning. He smiled at me and greeted me back.

”Changmin-ah…” I said. “I have something to tell you…”

”Sure, hyung, what it is?” He asked.

There was no turning back, now…

”Changmin-ah…” I sighed. “I’m in love with Junhae…”



 


A.N. Tehee… Sorry for the cliffhanger guys. I’m evil , aren't I? 3:)

Anyway… I wasn’t able to update yesterday, coz I had training and it was late when I came home. I’ll try to update tomorrow. I hoped you like my update and thanks so much for your support.

See yah on my next update!

With love,
~Kei-Chan <3