I Just Want my Daddy to Love me for Who I am....

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu6sIsouBvc&feature=channel_video_title



~*~Yunho’s P.O.V. ~*~

After giving Changmin a ride home, our family chauffer drove me home as well.  As I came out of the car, our old and loyal worker, Ms. Aeja Park came running towards me.

”Young master! Young master! She called out as she ran towards me. “Are you alright? Where have you been?”

”I’m fine, Aeja-sshiii.” I answered with a smile.

Ms. Aeja is a very nice person. She has been working for our family ever since I was born. She’s like a second mother to me, because when I was young, my parents always leave me with her whenever they go out of town for a business trip. Ms. Aeja took care of me very well. She never tired to kidnap me, maltreat me, whenever my parents are gone; moreover, she took care of me and treated me like her very own child.

”I heard you were stuck in the elevator!” She said in panic. “Your sister, mom and I were all worried about you.”

”I’m alright, Aeja-sshii. It’s a good thing I wasn’t claustrophobic.” I remarked with a smile. My eyes furrowed when I remembered what she said.

’My sister, mom and Aeja-sshii were all worried about me, how about dad?’   I thought. I know nothing happened to me and being stuck inside an elevator is nothing to be worried about, but he’s my dad, isn’t he? He would at least give at least a little damn about me, right?

”Aeja-sshii, what about appa? Did he worry?” I asked, hoping to hear a yes from her, but she just hung her head low. “He’s my dad, even if he doesn’t treat me that well, he should at least care, right? I’m his son, am I not?”

”Yunho-sshii, you might not want to go in there.” She said in a worried tone. “You’re father tried calling you, but you didn’t answer. There was an important emergency meeting. He needed you there, but you weren’t, I tried to tell him that you had a reasonable excuse, because you really did. But he was mad, Yunho-sshi. He might hurt you. I can’t bear to see you hurt, young master.”

 I gave off a disappointed sigh and hung my head, low. I felt really lonely. Is appa really that harsh to still get mad at me? I mean, I really didn’t mean it. I didn’t want it to happen; nobody did, since it was all just an accident.

”Yunho-sshii, are you alright?” She asked, in a concerned way as she gave me a pat on the shoulder.

”I’m fine.” I said. “I can take it, Aeja-sshii.” With that, I entered my house to see my father and cousin Lee Sangyoon in the living room. They were discussing important things about the company and investors. My father immediately turned his attention to me, when I entered. I looked at him and he was furiously glaring at me. He stared at me with cold emotionless eyes.

”Mianheyo, appa.” I apologized, sincerely as I bowed.  I flinched when I felt a cold hand hit my face. I looked down and blood dripped from my lips down to the collar of my shirt. I gasped when he immediately pulled me by the collar.

”How dare you embarrass me in front of many important people!” He yelled as he punched me hard on the stomach, making me fall on the ground and cough up blood.

”Yunjoong, stop hurting your son!” My mom screamed as she rushed to me, wiped the blood off my lips, and hugged me protectively.

”Will your explanation do anything about what you’ve done?!” He questioned, raising his tone. He tried to hurt me again but my mom got in between us.

”Uncle, maybe you should stop…” Sangyoon-hyung said as he pulled dad and stopped him.

”Stay out of this, Hee Yooung!” Dad shouted at mom as she pushed her to the side, successfully. He got to me again and pulled my collar.  My sister Jihye, stood there and cried.

“Appa, please stop!” Jihye begged as she sobbed.

 “Appa, please, I’ll do anything to make you proud.” I begged on my knees.

”You can’t do anything! You’ve done enough! You’re an embarrassment to me! You do nothing but disappoint me!” He shouted as he pushed me hard. Tears ran down my cheeks, not because he pushed me hard and punched me hard, but because of what he said. His words crushed my heart. All my life I have looked up to him and loved him. I’ve respected him even when all he does is treat me like trash. I did everything he said. I listened to him even when it hurts. All I wanted was for him to show me that he’s a dad who cares… Was it too much? Was I really just a disappointment to him? Was I only an embarrassment?


”Appa, was I only that to you?” I asked my dad and he just looked at me with emotionless eyes.

”I took care of you, fed you, gave you right education to have a better future, and this is how you would treat me?”

”Is that who I really am to you? Just an obligation? Did you ever love me, as your son?” I asked as I avoided his cold, emotionless gaze. It was just too painful to look at.


He left and said nothing. My sister rushed to me to hug me and my mom and Aeja-shii came to me to treat my wounds and bruises.

”Yunho-ah, I’m so sorry.” Mom said as she hugged me.

Aeja-shii looked at me with a sad, concerned expression and put medicine on my wounds.

”Tell me, where it hurts?” Mom asked as looked for more bruises and wounds on my arms. I took it away and stoop up.

”Yunho-shii, were not yet finished with your wounds.” Aeja-shii reminded as she stood up with the first aid kit in her hands.

”I’m fine. Physical pain can heal easily. It hurts but, I’ll be fine after some days, hours or weeks. Those wounds… they’re nothing. Do you want to know where it hurts… It’s in here…” I pointed to my chest, where my heart was. “And your tissue, your band aid, bandages or just by some medicine you rub on body parts that hurt can’t do anything about it. So, don’t bother anymore. I want to be alone. Excuse me…”


I left and went to my room.

I cried my heart out as my fathers words stayed on my mind and scarred my heart even more.

~*~Normal P.O.V.~*~

~*~Flashback~*~

”Appa! Look at my drawing, appa it’s for you! Happy Father’s day!”  Yunho exclaimed excitedly as he ran into his father’s office and showed his Father’s day card to him. “I made it in school appa.” He added, proudly with a cute beam on his face.

”Shh, be quiet, Yunho-ah, I’m talking to a client on the phone!” Yunjoong hissed at his son as he covered the mouth piece of the phone.

”But appa, I just want to show you what I made for you!” Yunho insisted, with a cute pout as he pushed the card to his beloved father and made his voice louder so he’d get his attention.

”Yunho, can’t you see I’m busy? I’m working real hard here, can’t you understand?!” He yelled as he stood up from his desk and shoved the card away from Yunho’s tiny hands.

”Appa, I just wanted you too- Yunho tried to protest, but his irritated father immediately cut him off.

”I said be quiet, didn’t I? Go to your room and leave my office! I’m busy!” Yunjoong ordered in an angry tone, his five year old son, feeling scared just obeyed and left as he hung his head low, feeling really upset.

~*~

”Appa, I’m going to join a dance competition. It’s on Friday. I hope you would come and watch me.” Yunho, Yunjoong’s now, sixteen year old son approached as he held a flyer in his hands.

”Friday? I have a meeting that day. I can’t come. Your mom and sister can come anyway. They can have it video taped for me to watch.” Yunjoong answered as he scanned through a folder of important files.


”Can’t you cancel it for me, appa?” Yunho asked, having a little hope.

”What are you? Five? You’re not a kid anymore, for God’s sake!” Yunjoong raised an eyebrow at his son.

“I was just, hoping you’d come, because it would be really nice if you would, appa.” Yunho said as he placed the flyer on his father’s table.


”I told you already, I can’t, okay?” Yunjoong snapped as he continued scanning through the files, no paying any attention to his talented son.

”Arasso…” Yunho said as he left, disappointed with his father’s response. “But, in case, you change your mind, the flyer’s there. It has the time and location.”

”hmm..” Yunjoong simply answered, not paying any attention to his son.

Yunho just left and closed the door.

----

”Umma, is appa, not here, yet?” Yunho asked, his mother, having a little hope.

”I’m sorry, sweetie, but your father isn’t here yet. I think he can’t make it.” Heeyoung answered, earning a disappointed sigh from her son. “But, Jihye and I are here anyway and we’ll watch you so, do your best! Hwaiting!” Hee Young said as she lifted her son’s chin up and smiled.

”Arasso.” He simply said with a sad smile. Hee Young was hurt seeing him that way. She knew Yunho wanted his dad to come and watch him perform. She didn’t want to disappoint him.

”Yah! Yunho-ah! We have to get ready!” Jaejoong called his best friend and immediately pulled him to get ready back stage.

---

Yunho and his group finished their performance. It was already awarding time, and his father wasn’t there yet. He looked in to the audience and the seat reserved for his father was still empty. He hasn’t lost hope yet. He had faith in his dad.

”And the winner is… Seoul University Dance troupe!” The host announced and Yunho’s group mates jumped out of joy. Yunho just stood their and hung his head low.

”Yunho, we won! Why are you so sad?” Jaejoong asked as soon as he noticed the sad look on his best friend’s face.

”Yeah. I was just shocked.” Yunho forced a smile.


”Congratulations!” Jaejoong’s parents asked.

“You were a great dancer, Yunho. Where’s Yunjoong? Didn’t he watch you?” Sugyoon, Changmin’s dad asked as patted his friend’s child on the back.

”He couldn’t come… He was busy, Sir.” Yunho said as he hung his head low.

”Oh, that’s too bad, he wouldn’t see how great dancer you are.” He said as he patted the child’s shoulder. “Well, say hi to your parents, for me, okay. Changmin and I have to go now.”

”Bye hyung!” Changmin said with a wave.

”Bye!” Yunho said as he tried to smile. He watched Changmin and his dad go home with a slight envy in his heart. He really wished that his dad was there to see him too

~*~End of Flashback~*~

 

 


 


A.N. So how was it? I hope you like it!

I’m sorry if it’s a bit rushed. I wasn’t feeling very well, but I really didn’t want to disappoint you.

Anyway, please wish me luck, my TaeKwonDo instructor, encouraged me to join a Poomsae (Forms) Competition on May 29, a few days after the Promotional Test! We’re not sure yet because she’s going to inquire and ask if I’m allowed to join. Hopefully, I will be able to, since it’s a good opportunity for me. So, Hwaiting to me I guess.

I also won’t be able to update on Saturday, because, I’ll be out with my family for the whole day. Mianhe!  

Saranghe for reading my update! I hope you like it!



See yah on my next update!

With love,
~Kei-chan <3