His parents' 'love' story:One-sided Love(Part 3)

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzgzzZRR4II&feature=feedf


 

~*~Normal P.O.V.~*~

~*~Flashback~*~

”Hi honey, how was school?” Miyoung asked as her daughter came back from school. She noticed a frown on her face, so she was bothered.

”Umma, Why didn’t you tell me that Yunjoong-sshi transferred to my school”Heeyoung asked in an irritated tone.

”His parents want the two of you to know each other. That’s why they transferred him to your school.” Dongnim immediately replied.

”Well, you should have told me!” Heeyoung raised the tone of her voice in frustration.

”Why are you raising your tone at me, young lady!? I’m your father! How dare you disrespect me?” Dongnim scolded and Heeyoung said no more.

~*~

Weeks have past and Heeyoung still didn’t end her relationship with Chondae. She was so confused. It was so hard for her. She knew she couldn’t neglect her parents over a guy. But she loves Chondae so much.

Chondae seemed to notice that Heeyoung’s acting strange. He knew something fishy was going on. He also noticed that Heeyoung’s always with Yunjoong. He felt that she’s starting to neglect him because of Yunjoong. He was also hearing some rumors about her being Yunjoong’s fiancée. He couldn’t help but feel bothered about it.

He decided to have a little talk with her, during their break. A little confrontation wouldn’t hurt, would it?

”Yah, Lee Heeyoung, We need to talk.” Chondae said firmly as he approached his girlfriend who was having her lunch in the cafeteria with her friends and Yunjoong. It was an order by her parents and soon-to-be in laws. She didn’t have the power to disagree or refuse.

”Deh, Oppa, Waeyo?” She asked in a sweet tone, hoping that her fiancé wouldn’t notice her sweet actions towards Chondae.

”We need to clarify things…” He replied in a serious tone.

Before the young girl could even protest, Chondae immediately pulled her. Yunjoong just stared at them with a puzzled expression.

”Yah, Chondae-ah, you’re hurting me…” Heeyoung complained, frightened that her beloved Chondae might be mad. Yunjoong became suddenly bothered by the way Chondae pulled his fiancée, especially when he heard her say that she was hurt. He decided to follow the two and watch over Heeyoung.

”Excuse me, but is everything alright?” Yunjoong asked in a calm way as he looked at the two. Chondae glared at him in jealousy. Yunjoong on his part, stayed calm. After all, he was a reasonable young man.

 
”This is nothing that concerns you.” Chondae backfired.

 

 

“It’s seems that you’re hurting her. That isn’t a nice way to treat girls.” Yunjoong scolded, calmly.

”Why do you care?” Chondae snapped. ”She’s my girlfriend. I can do what ever I want with her.”


Yunjoong was taken off guard by the other man’s response. Wasn’t he, Heeyoung’s fiancé? But of course, he knew very well that it was an arranged marriage. He can’t blame Heeyoung if she’s still seeing another guy besides him. Besides, Yunjoong, wasn’t stupid. He knew very well that Heeyoung wasn’t quite fond of him, but since he loves her, he decided to wait. Anyway, they were engaged. Heeyoung’s his, whether she likes it or not.  It was a one sided love, but he was willing for it to stay that way, until she learns to love him…

Heeyoung, on her part, became nervous. She was so afraid that Yunjoong would tell their parents and bad things may happen.

”Well, if she’s your girl friend, then shouldn’t you be taking care of her and treating her with love and affection?” He questioned, in a smart and sophisticated manner. Heeyoug looked at him with admiring eyes. All of a sudden she felt so comfortable and safe with Yunjoong after what he said. She looked at him and felt like running into his arms just then. It was true that she loved Chondae, but there were times where in he didn’t treat her nicely. She realized that Yunjoong’s been very nice to her, even if they only had known each other for a while and even if she was snubbing him at times. She could say it’s because it’s an order from his parents, but she could see the sincerity in his eyes.

”Just mind your own business…” Chondae muttered with a glare.
 
”I believe that Heeyoung-ah is my business too. Since, she’s a friend of mine.” Yunjoong answered back, remaining calm.

 

“Why you…” Chondae snarled as he lunged forward at Yunjoong, attempting to punch him, when Heeyoung grabbed hold of him and stopped him.

”Oppa, stop. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” She promised then left with Yunjoong.


~*~

Heeyoung felt bothered and wondered why Yunjoong denied that they were engaged. Why was he so nice to her? Why didn’t he tell Chondae the truth.

”Yunjoong-sshii….” Heeyoung called after him.

”Yes?” He asked with a smile.

”What happened, just now, Why did you act that way?” Heeyoung asked nervously. The young man just gave a sweet but sad smile at her finacee and asked,

”Why, wasn’t I suppose to act that way, Ms. Lee?” He asked. “What did you want me to do? To act all absurd? To get jealous? Because I don’t know what you want me to do. I don’t get you.”


”You’re my fiancé… Aren’t you supposed to be mad and tell me off? Aren’t you suppose to get mad that I was cheating on you?” She questioned, confused with everything.

”Why did you want me to, in the first place? I know very well that you don’t feel anything for me. Technically, I don’t have the authority to get jealous, because I don’t have the key to your heart. It was just an arranged marriage after all, isn’t it? I may have you for a fiancé, but I know that Chondae has your heart.” He replied. She felt guilty after seeing the hurt expression in his face.

’What have I done? What Have I gotten myself into?’ Heeyoung mentally slapped herself for hurting such a nice man like Yunjoong. It was true that she didn’t love him. But he was nice to her from the beginning. He treated her well, and all she did was hurt him and snub him. She felt sorry.


”Yunjoong-sshi…” She uttered his name, not knowing what else to say.

”I know it’s too early, and I know it may sound absurd.  I’ve only known you for a short period of time, Ms. Lee Heeyoung, but I think I’m…

’Please don’t say it.’ She thought, not wanting to hear what she assumed she might hear from him. She knew it would just make her feel bad.

”I think I’m in love with you. I admired you since the day I laid my eyes on you…” There he finally said it, making her heart pound against her chest and butterflies flutter in her stomach.


”I know you don’t feel the same, but I am willing to wait for you. I know learning to love me requires a lot of time, and as your fiancé, it’s my duty to understand you and to become patient with your feelings.”

”How could you be like that? It’s just a one-sided love. Wouldn’t that hurt you? At all?” She asked worriedly.

”Yes that’s true. But I am a patient man. It may hurt but, I’m willing to set aside what I feel, for you, because I love you and love requires sacrifice, doesn’t it?”

With that, Yunjoong left Heeyoung, standing in the middle of the hall way, dumbfounded and thinking, ‘Yunjoong is a sincere person. I could see it in his eyes. I could feel it in the way he talks to me. He loves me and truly cares for me, maybe… I should give him a chance…’
 



 


A.N. Okay? So what do you think? Pretty sad isn’t it.

I got the one-sided love story thing from my parents. As I said, it was their anniversary yesterday. My dad prepared so well for their fifteenth. I helped him cook for mom, and I truly saw the excitement in his eyes. He bought a cake and some ingredients for his awesome pesto, while waiting for our training to finish.  He loved mom so  much that even if he knew, he did some mistakes and made her upset, he gave an effort to win her back. When mom came home, she showed little or no interest, which I and dad felt. I saw the sad expression in my dad’s eyes. I felt his sadness, since I know him so well, since I’m a daddy’s girl. It truly hurt me when mom did that. Especially when I was in bed next to her and my dad and brother were already sleeping in the room next to ours, (What kind of married couple doesn’t sleep in one room and bed?! Geez..) I greeted my mom a happy anniversary and she said, just an anniversary…not happy. I was truly hurt after that. My heart broke for my dad and I cried all night…

It was truly depressing… It sort of fitted this chapter…

Anyway… I hope you like it. Forgive me for being gloomy.

OH and by the way, you guys might know mariangel and her story”Sweet marriage.” I know some of my readers here are also her readers. I chatted with her in Fb a while ago and she wanted to say sorry for keeping you all waiting for her update. She’s sick and she’s having a migraine from time to time, so she failed to update because she had to rest. I hope you understand her, for not being able to update and let her rest, since she needs it. She was worried that she might disappoint you, so she asked me to tell all of you through my author’s note. Well I hope you understand my Unnie. And I hope you hold your “Update soon” comments on her story, “Sweet Marriage” for a while and not pressure her, since she needs to rest.

With love,
~ Kei-chan<3

Forgive me for being gloomy, I’m just going through some things…It’s also a few days til my Taekwondo promo exam… It’s really making me nervous too.

Please remember that I love you all, my readers, and don’t think that I’m mad or anything when I reply to our comments. I’m really sorry…