Things Get Better...

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

 


 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bpyg1NSiGd8


 

~*~Yunjoong’s P.O.V.~*~

My eyes opened slowly and I realized I was in the hospital. I was still alive.

I shifted to my side and saw my son Yunho sleeping on a chair next to my bed. He was holding my hand tightly. He has been watching over me. I felt my eyes slightly become watery.  I was touched. Even if I had been a bad father to him, he still loved me and took care of me.

I felt bad about myself, but at the same time felt thankful of having him for a son. Before I knew it, tears ran down my cheeks and fell on my son’s hand, causing him to wake up.

”Appa? Why are you crying? Are you hurt? Should I call the doctor?” he asked, panicking. I shook my head in reply.

 

“Can you just stay here in for awhile? I have something to tell you…” I asked him.

He nodded and obeyed. I slowly reached for a brown envelope on the side table. I handed it to him. He looked at me with a puzzled expression.

”Appa, What’s this?” He asked, taking the brown folder from me.

”Just read it carefully, Yunho-ah…”

”Appa, I thought...-But how?” He stuttered, not able to make up the right sentences. I knew he was still confused and unaware of what was happening. “You gave me the results and they say that I’m not at all related to you, but how did this happen?”



”The one that you’re holding right now, is the real DNA test result. The first one that we saw was rather, ‘doctored.’ We were tricked by your cousin, Sangyoon.” I told him disappointedly. Up to now, I still couldn’t believe that my dearest nephew would turn that way. But I knew if there was anyone to blame, it was me. I turned him in to a monster. It was my entire fault because I gave him too much, even more than I could give my very own son.

”Sangyoon-hyung?!”  He gasped. “But he couldn’t do such a thing! He loves you so much, appa. How can he betray you?”

”I was shocked too, at first… But it was really him, no matter how sad and disappointing it may be.” I said, resentfully. “But then again, you can’t blame him… All of this was my entire fault. If there was anyone to blame, that should be me.”


”Appa, you shouldn’t say that.” He said as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

”I’m really sorry for everything, Yunho-ah. I have been a very horrible father to you and Ji hye. You’ve done a lot of things for me. You did everything that I wanted but I would always get mad at you and hurt your feelings. I neglected you and hurt you. My actions aren’t very acceptable. I wouldn’t blame you if you are angry with me, deep inside your heart. I also am not, forcing you to forgive me, but I would really like you to know how sorry I am and how I regret everything that I have done to you and how I treated you.”

My eyes widened all of a sudden when he hugged me tight, just like what he used to do when he was little.

”I could never be mad at my own father…” He said. “You don’t have to be sorry appa. You didn’t do anything wrong. I admit I get mad at you at times, but later on, I realize that you’re only pushing me to do better. You only wanted what was best for me. You don’t have to be sorry appa. I knew you didn’t mean to do those things and most of the time you had a reasonable purpose for doing it.”

I was touched by his words. My son, Yunho, even if I never showed him much love at all, he looked at the wrong things I’ve done in a positive way. He never bear grudge against me.

”It really feels good to hug you like this, appa.” He said. “It’s been years since I last hugged you.”

’I really wish I could make it up to you Yunho-ah… For everything…” I told him.

”You don’t have to, appa. There’s nothing to apologize for.”

”How about we go out somewhere with your mom and sister when I get out of the hospital? Would you like that?” I asked him.

”I would really like that, Appa!” He exclaimed excitedly. I was happy to see him smile, again.

I was happy that things were better between us…



 


A.N. Okay, so, I guess, I was able to update today. I’ll try to update again tomorrow after school, since we’re not yet busy. This is my last week of giving constant updates. Starting next week, I’ll only be giving you updates on Fridays and Saturdays, because we will be having our lessons by then. I hope you will understand.

With love,
 ~Kei-chan