A Father's Realizations....

~*A Twisted Cinderella Story *~

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaHWzr85KAE&feature=player_embedded


 


~*~ Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

”Yunho-ah, you should get some rest. Just go home and I’ll take care of your dad.” My mom told me as she gave me a pat on the shoulder. I shook my head and refused. I wanted to stay with dad. I didn’t want to leave him and I want to make sure that he’ll be alright.

”I’m fine, Umma.” I assured her. “I really want to stay and watch over appa.”

”Yeobo doesn’t know how lucky he is to have a caring son like you, Yunho-ah…” My mom sobbed. “I hope when he wakes up he realizes that you’ve been a very good son to him…”

”Yah, umma… Appa’s just going through some tough stuff… Everyone makes mistakes… I’m sure he didn’t mean to be like that around me…” I told her. I have to admit, I was really hurt with appa’s actions towards me, but I realize, now that he meant no harm for me. He wanted me to run the company because he knows it’ll give me a better future. He just wants the best for me. When he wakes up, I’ll thank him for everything. I believe in appa and I know he’s strong enough to fight. I knew he’d wake up and when he does, I’ll make it up to him.

I drifted to sleep and rested my head on my arms. I held appa’s hand tight and stayed with him all night.
 



 


~*~ Yunjoong’s P.O.V~*~

~*~Flashback~*~

”Yah, didn’t you know that’s an antique vase?! It’s very expensive and you’ll just break it like that!” I heard my mom scream. I rushed to see at whoever she was screaming at, and I was shocked when I learned that it was my 5 year-old son, Yunho.

”Halmoni… I’m really sorry… I didn’t mean to break it…” Yunho apologize with teary eyes.

”Sorry?! Will that fix the vase?!”

”Yah, Umma, my Yunnie didn’t mean it…” I told her as I wrapped my arms around my little boy, trying to comfort him.

”Aish… I was right from the start, having that child stay here for the vacation is very troublesome!”

With that she stormed out of the room and left us alone.

”Appa, am I really troublesome?” My little boy asked, sobbing. “Does halmoni hate me?”

”I’m sure she didn’t mean what she said.” I told him. “Just never mind what she said, okay?”


”Am I a bad boy, Appa? Do I bother you too?” He asked.

I hugged him tight and wiped his tears away.

”Yunho-ah… that’s not true… You’re a very good boy and you’re very important to me. I love you so much.”

”I love you too, appa...”

~*~

”Appa, can we play now?” Yunho asked impatiently as he bust in my office.

”Later, alright? I’m still busy…” I said as I continued typing my report. I was under pressure. The report was due later and if I don’t submit it to my father on time, they’d shout at me again.

”Oh… okay…” My little boy said as pouted and hung his head low. He left my office right away, but later on came back after five minutes.

”Can we play now?” He asked, excitedly, making me lose my concentration.

”Yah! Yunho-ah! Please! I need to get this done, right now! Argh! Stop disturbing me for once, okay!?” I shoutedin a frustrated manner. My little boy stared at me with a terrified expression and then left.

”Aish!” I sighed.

~*~

”And this is all you can do?” My dad asked in a disappointed tone. “This isn’t good enough, Yunjoong.”

”I’m sorry…” I muttered in a low, embarrassed tone.

”SORRY?!” He shouted as he threw the pile of papers at me. “That’s all you can say? I expected more from you! All I ask is for you to do your job properly! Aish!”

He tore the report that I worked hard for. My eyes widened in shock as my hard work was torn into tiny pieces.

”I want you to make another one again. Do it properly or else!”

~*~


I went home with a heavy feeling in my chest. I was totally tired and of course, I was hurt with my dad’s words.

I opened the door to my house and let out a tired sigh.

”Appa! You’re home! Can we play now?” Yunho ran towards me excitedly.

”Not, now, Yunnie, Okay?” I told him with a tired tone as I threw myself onto the couch, tiredly.

”But, you said later 5 hours ago…” He complained.

”Yah! I’m tired already! Can’t you be considerate?!”

Since that very day, I never paid that much attention to my son.  Very often I’d go home with a bad mood and I spend no more time with him anymore.

~*~ End of Flashback~*~

 



 


My eyes opened slowly and I realized I was in the hospital. I was still alive.

I shifted to my side and saw my son Yunho sleeping on a chair next to my bed. He was holding my hand tightly. He has been watching over me. I felt my eyes slightly become watery.  I was touched. Even if I had been a bad father to him, he still loved me and took care of me.



 


A.N. LOL… Last update for the last day of summer. I’ll update on Friday. Wish me luck tomorrow on my fist day in school as a Junior. :DD


With Love,
~Kei-chan <3