Chapter 9

Candy-Coated Love

 

Rainie was putting the toppings for her cake when she heard the bell ring. It means somebody came into the shop.

"Good morning---" Rainie greeted with a smile but quickly faded when she saw who it is.

Jiro handsomely walk through the bakeshop and went straight into Rainie's direction.

"Hi," Jiro awkwardly greeted her.

"Hello," Rainie greeted back.

"Umm, how are you doing?" he asked and his eyes roam around the place, checking if somebody there.

"Quite well, thank you. Err... are you finding something?" Rainie followed where he was looking.

"Uhh, nothing I'm looking for Danson. Is he here?" Jiro moved away his eyes from her stare.

"He went out for a while. Would you like me to pass your message?" Rainie wanted to laugh at his uneasiness.

"No, no. It's okay. Thanks anyway." he turned his back and went straight to the door then suddenly, retreated.

"Listen, RenRen, I'm--- sorry about the last time. I was a total jerk! I can't stop from talking---" Jiro started to apologized about what happened at the opening.

Rainie started to reminisced again.

"YOU!!!" Jiro was totally surprised who is the co-owner of the bakeshop.

"Yeah it's me. Surprised?" Rainie don't know what to do if she will smile or frown.

"Who is it?" Larisa asked from his side.

"The girl you bumped into this morning." Jiro said without smiling.

"Ohh. The war freak?" Larisa smirked at her as if she can see Rainie.

Rainie started to boil again. This lady has a big mouth! she thought.

"I apologized again for what happened this morning." Rainie regains herself and tried to hold her patience.

"Hell, yeah! You should be! You're the one who bumped into a blind like me and you still have guts to get angry?" Larisa continued.

"Stop it, Larisa. You're not in the position now to say that." Jiro whispered to her.

One of Larisa's friend whispered something to her. Then Larisa gave an evil laugh.

"Wahahaha! You're Rainie the Ms. Piggy and he's Aaron the Nerdy back then? How great is it? Are we having a reunion here?" Larisa started to insult her now.

That's it! I've had enough. She's the blond girl who insulted me the day of Jiro and GuiGui's birthday! Rainie thought.

"And you're still the same that I've known. Too bad you can't see how pitiful you are now." Rainie bickered at her. "Please leave this place. I don't need guests like you. Bring your dogs too." Rainie turned her back and greeted the other guests.

"I'm sorry bout that," Jiro apologized to Danson and the rest of her family. He shook hands with Aaron first before they leave. "Nice to see you, bro."

"Yeah. Nice to see you too." Aaron answered.

"Later," GuiGui said to Aaron and Danson.

Aaron and Danson waved goodbye at GuiGui.

"Ohh, that? It's okay. I shouldn't said those things to her but she started it all." Rainie continued what she was doing behind the counter.

"I know. That's why I came here to apologized. Anyway, do you have time? Can I invite you to lunch?" Jiro asked and followed what she was doing.

"I'm going out with Danson today. Maybe next time." Rainie said.

"Ohh. Okay. It's nice to see you again RenRen." Jiro smiled at her.

Rainie felt her heart fell when he smiled like that. "Nice to see you too. But please stop calling me RenRen. I don't used that name anymore."

Jiro nodded and walked away. When he left the shop, Rainie sat at the table, her knees are wobbling.

"God, he still had the same effect on me. But I can't be like this. I'm over him now. I have to move on. Or haven't I?" she said to herself while putting the finished cake at the counter.

###########################################################

"Okay! Move a little bit at the left. Then turned your head down. That's it! Nice shot! Bravo!" the photographer shouting as he guided Aaron on what to do.

GuiGui on the side was mesmerized by Aaron's looks. She can't help but drool over like a lovestruck teenager.

"Hey! Earth to GuiGui! Cmon!" Ya Tou, one of her friend and another personal assistant to the model snapped her fingers in front of her face.

"Spoiler!" GuiGui pouted.

"I'm almost wiping the saliva off your mouth. Stop drooling over there and prepare the next wardrobe for him. Why are you staring at your talent like that? As if he's the only handsome person you saw in your entire miserable life?" Ya Tou raising her eyebrows alternately.

"Well, there's two of them. The other guy, is the part owner of RenRen jie's bakeshop. Danson's hotness is different. He's more of a serious type while Aaron was the happy-go-lucky type. Anyway, I've known Aaron since childhood. He's very far from the Aaron I used to know and always depending on me. I have no chance on him." GuiGui started to choose which clothes he's going to used for the next shoot.

"Ei! GuiGui! Can I have the next clothes?" Aaron walking towards them. "Hi Ya Tou! You look beautiful today." he turned his head on Ya Tou and flashed his killer smile.

"I know it since birth, Aaron. You don't have to elaborate." Ya Tou answered.

Aaron laughed very loud. GuiGui love the sound of his laugh. "Here. I've personally chosen these for you." she handed the next set of clothes.

"Thanks GuiGui! That's why I love you!" Aaron kissed her cheek before he ran to the dressing room.

"Ehem! I smell something fishy! I felt that you're hiding something from me. Tell me, huh? Are you and Aaron---" Ya Tou and started to poke the side of her waist.

"Stop it! There's nothing going on! He used to do that all the time. As an appreciation. That's it. Nothing more." GuiGui's face felt hot.

Aaron started the photoshoot and finished after an hour. He called GuiGui quickly.

"Cmon! We have to go now. Take me home and then come back after one hour. I need to go somewhere." Aaron pulled GuiGui abruptly to her car.

"Where are you going?Can you do it some other time? I'm soo tired!" GuiGui protested on what he said.

"Pai Tuo! You will only drive me there and you can leave immediately. I don't want my date to see you also." Aaron said fastening his seatbelt.

GuiGui felt her head gets bigger. "A date? You're only staying for a week and you got already a date?" GuiGui exclaimed in frustration.

"What can I do? These girls are smitten by my charms," Aaron said boastfully.

GuiGui rolled her eyes. Then an idea came to her mind.

"Okay. I'll be there after one hour." GuiGui smiled and started the car.

"Thanks. You're an angel." Aaron wink at her.

After she finished to Aaron, GuiGui quickly went to her house and choose the clothes she haven't wear for a very long time.

"This is soo perfect. Hihihi!" she quickly went to shower and put on the clothes. Still fits. She styled her hair as usual then walk out of the house.

"Where are you going? Why are you wearing those dress?" Jiro asked from the living room before GuiGui can reached the door.

"I have a date," GuiGui answered.

"Some crazy guy wants to date you?" Jiro laughed at what she said.

"Haha. Thanks for the encouraging words big bro!" GuiGui quickly get out of the house before Jiro can replied.

After a few minutes, she arrived at Aaron's house. She dialled Danson's number first.

"Hi Danson. It's me. GuiGui" she told on the line.

"Hi there, cutie. What's up?" Danson answered.

"Are you free tonight? Can I invite you to dinner?" GuiGui went straight to the point.

"Woah! Really? Sure. I was about to call you about that---" Danson said.

It's settle then. Meet me at Moon Palace Restaurant after 30 minutes ok?" GuiGui said.

"Ok then. See yah!" Danson closed the phone.

GuiGui looked at the mirror one more time then went out of her car and pressed the doorbell.

Dingdong! Dingdong!

Mrs. Yang opened the door.

"GuiGui! You looked stunning! Come in. Aaron will go down any minute." Mrs. Yang leave her at the living room.

In a few minutes, the ever handsome Aaron walked down from his room in a coat and tie.

He saw a very y lady, her back facing him waiting at the living room.

"Who is this beautiful lady?" Aaron said while moving closer to her.

Slowly GuiGui turned around. She wanted to laugh when Aaron's jaw dropped in surprise!