Chapter 17

Candy-Coated Love

 

"What was that all about, Jiro? What she's doing here?" Larisa accused as Jiro entered the front door.

He didn't got the chance to take Rainie home because of Larisa. He just take her outside and called a taxi.

"Don't start Larisa. I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Don't feed me with your nonstop complaints." Jiro ignored her and went to the kitchen.

Larisa followed her. "What do you mean by that?"

"We're not even married and your nagging at me that much! I really hate it you know!" Jiro started to boil.

"Well, you should get used to it. In just a matter of weeks you'll be my husband and I'll be Mrs. Jiro Wang, you understand that?" Larisa said furiously.

"I said stop it!!! Geez!" Jiro shouted.

"Don't yell at me!" Larisa shouted back.

"How could I not yell? You're getting on my nerves recently Larisa. If you want us to get along better, you respect what I want." Jiro faced her finally.

"So, are you having second thoughts because Rainie was here? You can't do this to me, Jiro!" Larisa still insisting.

"I know! I can't do anything! So stop involving Rainie because she has nothing to do with us!" Jiro hold Larisa in the arms tightly.

"Remember Jiro, you can't back out. You were the reason why I got blind," Larisa said finally.

"You're being redundant. I know that a long time ago," Jiro replied sadly.

He was stuck with a stupid promise just because of a stupid accident. It happened on the same day when Rainie and Aaron ran, after Larisa and her friends insulted them. Jiro and GuiGui followed Rainie and Aaron while Larisa followed Jiro. Then a big truck came and accidentally slammed into another car. The broken glasses shattered into Larisa's face and she got blind. Jiro blamed himself for that and promised that he will never leave her. But he's having second thoughts now.

###########################################################

Later that evening, after Rainie talked to his brother, she dialled Danson's number. The phone rang once. Twice.

"Hello?" Danson answered, sounds drunk.

"Ei! Are you drinking?" Rainie asked.

"How did you know?" Danson replied.

"I can smell the alcohol from here. What's up? Why you're not calling me?" Rainie accused him.

"I'm sorry. My mind was blank lately. And your brother was pissing me off nowadays." Danson told her.

"Why? About GuiGui huh?" Rainie .

"I don't know why he's so protective of her. Does he like GuiGui? You know already that I like her. But I can't do some move because Aaron kept her away from me." Danson said frustratedly.

"He always adore GuiGui. You should understand. We are all best of friends since we were young. He just misses her. Don't worry. He's no match for you!" Rainie laughing at Danson's frustration.

"Oh well, I should not give up like that. I should have known. Thanks, my dear. I've been enlighten by your words. Anyway, I had new recipe's for pastries. I will tell you when I get there. So, any news?" Danson asked her.

"We need to hire helper here. I can't be jack of all trades when you're not around. I'm going to die! The other day, I got pre-order cakes and I was alone! Good thing, Jiro help out." Rainie protested.

"Whoa! Did I hear it right? You and Jiro? Together? That's new!" Danson teases her.

"Ei! He help that's all. Nothing happen," Rainie said uneasily.

"Did I asked if something happen? It means something really happen! What is it? Come on! Spill it out!" Danson insisted.

"I slept at his house," Rainie confessed.

"OMG! What?! Did I hear you right?"Danson laughing on the other line.

"Hey, it's not what you think it is," Rainie corrected him.

"Okay, yeah, right," Danson didn't believe her.

"I swear! Nothing happened! I got a cold and it was raining heavy outside so he offered me to stay until the rain stops. I fell asleep and went home the next day. I stayed at GuiGui's room for your information." Rainie explained.

"Okay, okay. I got it." Danson was still laughing.

"Then, I'll see you soon? I'm going to the hospital tomorrow. Check up," Rainie informed him.

"Why? Are you having the same cramps again?" Danson worried.

"Yeah, a little bit but don't worry. It's nothing really," Rainie assured him.

"Well, give me the details after, okay?" Danson said.

"Yup. Bye for now. Mwaahh!!!" Rainie closed the phone.

"Rainieee!!! You have a visitor!" Mrs. Yang called from downstairs.

"Okay!!! I'll be down in a minute!" Rainie shouted back.

She ran towards the stairs and check out who's there.

"Jiro! What are you doing here?" Rainie was surprised.

"I need to talk to you, about us..." Jiro said seriously.