Chapter 34

Candy-Coated Love

 

"Which one do you like?" Danson asked as he went to the counter to take some cake for their breakfast.

"Anything would be fine," GuiGui said her eyes on the other side of the road.

"Okay... here. Tastes this, my favorite." Danson scooped a spoonful of Tiramisu cake.

GuiGui accepted. "Mmmm... this is good! I love it."

"GuiGui... errr... have you thought about what I said to you the other day? About us?" Danson asked in between bites.

GuiGui's hand froze in the air. She put down the spoon.

"I have to be honest with you, Danson. I like you... really. But as a friend. I can't accept your love... because I have someone that I love," GuiGui looked back at her house and saw Aaron stood outside the front porch.

Danson looked at where she's looking. Even though his heart is hurting, he's happy to know that GuiGui likes Aaron. He will be devastated if it's someone else.

"I knew it. From the first time I saw you, and the way you looked at him, I know in my heart that I was defeated by Aaron. But I'm glad he's the one you choose. I'm happy for both of you," Danson said with hurt in his eyes.

GuiGui felt guilty. "I'm so sorry. It's just that, Aaron is always in my heart since then. I always thought he's my friend but then, I suddenly realized, I love him more than that."

"Don't worry about it. I'll survive. Now, go. He's very anxious to know what we are doing here," Danson pushed her to the door.

GuiGui smiled. "Thanks! I wish you all the best."

She gave him a hug before she went outside. GuiGui called Aaron.

"Aaron!!!" GuiGui shouted waving at him.

This is it! It's now or never, GuiGui thought.

"Wo Ai Ni!!!" GuiGui shouted across the street.

Aaron's mouth dropped open. Then, he saw GuiGui crossed the street running towards him.

As soon as she reached their front porch, she jumped into Aaron's arms and grabbed his nape. GuiGui gave him a mouth watering kiss!

It lasted for about a minute. GuiGui gave up first. She gasped for air before she talked.

"You heard me?" GuiGui asked.

"I don't know what you said," Aaron still in between dream and reality.

"You didn't hear me?!" GuiGui wanted to explode.

"N-no... I didn't," Aaron scratched his head.

"Idiot!" GuiGui removed his arms around her.

"Can you repeat it please?" Aaron begged and followed GuiGui inside the house.

"I don't want to repeat what I said already," GuiGui sat at the couch in their living room and open the TV.

"Cmon! You will not come running towards me and kiss me suddenly!" Aaron poked her waist.

"Will you stop it?! Go figure it out!" GuiGui hit him with the throw pillow.

Aaron just shrugged his shoulders. "What did you talked about with Danson?"

"None of your business! Get lost!" GuiGui was angry.

I can't believe he didn't hear my confession! Arrgghhh!!! GuiGui thought and wanted to strangle his neck.

"Can I borrow your car? I need to go to the agency right now. I think my car is ready," Aaron asked.

GuiGui pointed the keys to the drawer.

"I'll be back sweety. Wait for me," Aaron gave her a hug from the back and kissed her cheek.

GuiGui followed him until he closed the door. Then, she jumped up and down from the couch and dance till she gets tired.

Meanwhile, as Aaron drove her car, he can't help but smile.

She likes me. But what about Danson? What happened inside the shop? I've got to find out, Aaron stepped on the gas pedal and speeded up to the highway.

His phone rang. "Hello?"

"Darling! Where are you? I need to talk to you. It's urgent," QiaoQiao on the other line.

"what do you want QiaoQiao? If you're still insisting going back to me, you're just wasting your time. Before I came back here in Taipei, I already cleared everything right? You cheated on me. I broke up with you. Am I correct?" Aaron said while parking the car.

"I'm pregnant. And it's yours," QiaoQiao said.