Chapter 11

Candy-Coated Love

 

Rainie kept twisting and turning the knob for about an hour already but still it was locked.

"Look what you've done! We're lock inside! I thought you fixed it but you just make it worse." Rainie said with accusing eyes.

"Wahahaha! Don't look at me like that! I'm just trying to help." Jiro was having fun in their situation.

He missed this kind of conversation with her. They've been in awkward moments since they met.

"Don't laugh there you jerk! Mom and Aaron will find me. Wait! Give me your phone!" Rainie touched Jiro's pocket and try to find his mobile.

"Whoah! Be careful! Maybe you touch something else!" Jiro move away laughing.

"Stop it you e!" Rainie hissed.

"I don't have my mobile." Jiro stopped her hand from roaming around his pockets. "I didn't bring it."

"OMG! I left mine at the desk! We're doomed!" Rainie sat at the boxes stacked at the corner.

"We just have to sit and wait until somebody walk in your shop." Jiro said not worried a little bit.

"I can't! I mean... first, Mom and Aaron would be worried if I'm not home yet. Second, Danson will call me any minute to find out the sales of the shop. How can I answer if my mobile is outside? It's all your fault!" Rainie wanted to cry.

Not because of her not able to go home but because she was stuck with Jiro alone. She's afraid that her feelings to him are coming back slowly.

"Why are you so tense? Relax, I won't bite you." Jiro noticed her uneasiness.

"I'm not tense. I'm just worried." Rainie move away her eyes from his stare.

"Worried of what? You're in your shop. This is the safest place besides your house." Jiro had no idea what she was talking about.

"Nevermind. You wouldn't understand." Rainie gave up arguing.

Silence filled the room for a few minutes. Then they heard something...

Ggrrooowwwllll!!!

Rainie covered with her left hand and hold her stomach with her right. She was totally embarassed! Then she remembered that she didn't ate her lunch. Danson said that he had something to do so they cancelled their appointment.

Jiro burst into laughter. He walked closely to Rainie and stop in front of her. "Here. It can ease your hunger."

He handed the chocolate and Rainie grabbed it without hesitation.

"Thanks." Rainie said shyly.

She quickly opened it and her eyes grew big in delight.

"Orange-filled chocolate?!" Rainie gave Jiro a very big smile.

"You still love it huh?" Jiro said hiding his smile.

"Are you kiddin? I wouldn't exchange it for the world! I mean, you still remember my favorite...?" Rainie asked while munching.

"Of course. How can I ever forget? That's where it all started." Jiro answered.

Jiro kept staring at Rainie. She was soo cute, he thought. Then he noticed a small exhaust fan above her head.

"Ei! Where is this fan leading?" Jiro asked pointing the exhaust fan.

"To the back of the shop," Rainie answered and looked at it. "Ahhh!!! I'll try to get out there!" she quickly stood up and find the ladder.

She took the ladder and went up to the fan. "Can you hold this please?" Rainie asked Jiro to hold the ladder.

He stood up and hold the ladder. He was watching Rainie going up.

"Err... can you look down? I'm wearing skirt you know," Rainie asked consciously.

"Ohh, sorry," Jiro chuckled.

Rainie opened the railing of the fan and tried to climb up. Half of her body was already in but suddenly stopped.

"Ugghhhh... Jiro can you pull me out? I can't fit. It's too narrow." Rainie said echoing from the exhaust fan.

"What?" Jiro can't hear what she said.

"I said pull me out!" Rainie shouted already. "Ouch!" she hurt her ears.

"Ohh, wait." Jiro removed the ladder and pulled hanging Rainie from her legs.

"Awwww!!! Be careful! I think my body will split into two!" Rainie protested.

"Wahahaha! Dui bu qi la. Alright here goes," Jiro laugh and slowly pulled Rainie out.

Rainie was surprised when suddenly she was released from the exhaust railing and went straight down at Jiro. Because of sudden release, Jiro didn't expect Rainie to fall right in front of him.

"Eeehhhhh!!!" Rainie closed her eyes and wait for her painful fall.

"What the..." Jiro tried to catch Rainie but he was off balance too and landed on his back.

"Aahhhhhh!!!" Jiro screamed.

Rainie waited for her body to crashed at the floor but she didn't feel anything. She opened her eyes and saw Jiro under her screaming in pain. She was sitting directly at his stomach!

###########################################################

GuiGui parked her car near the entrance. Aaron pushed open the door and got out of the car.

"Cmon!" Aaron shouted outside impatiently.

"I thought you wanted to go home?" GuiGui raised her eyebrows.

"I change my mind. Let's go." he pulled her hand and they went inside the night market.

It's very busy that night because at the same time there's a school fair ongoing. They have different booths to choose from games, shooting gallery, food stalls and shopping stores.

"We're lucky! There's a fair ongoing. We'll going to have fun!" Aaron clap his hand like a kid.

GuiGui laugh at his gestures. This is the Aaron she used to know. They walked together and didn't even noticed that they're still held hands.

They went to the first booth. It was a challenge game where you can get a free oyster omellete for two.

"I want the oyster omellete. I will join!" GuiGui exclaimed and she went to approached the stall owner.

The game was about to start but the owner took them as the last player. There's a total of five players. It's the cube puzzle game. You have to match all the colors in the shortest possible time.

"Let me do it," Aaron said and pushed GuiGui aside. "You at this game."

"You..." GuiGui pouted as she watched them play.

"Ready..." the stall owner said and look at the stop watch. "Start!"

"Jia You, Ah Bu!!! Jia You! Jia You!" GuiGui had the loudest scream.

Aaron did the game without sweat. Exactly one minute, he finished the cube. His opponents were amazed by his quick move.

"We have a winner!" the stall owner announced. He handed the free oyster omellete coupons and told where they could claim it.

GuiGui ran towards him. Aaron was surprised when she hugged him tightly. "OMG! OMG! You're still amazing! I knew you would beat them! Wahahaha! We got a free meal!"

Aaron laugh at GuiGui's gestures. "Do you want to claim this now or later?"

"Later. This is soo much fun! Let's go to the other booth." GuiGui said.

Their night was very memorable. GuiGui had her oyster omellete and five packs of bargain shoes and bags while Aaron can't handle the stuff toys and prizes they won from the different games and challenges they joined.

"Ei! Ei! One minute! I'll be back!" Aaron said and gave all the things to GuiGui.

"Geez! How can I handle all these things?" GuiGui put down some of her stuffs and took all the toys Aaron was holding. She waited for a few minutes then saw Aaron came back.

"Whooaaahhhh!!! LiLo!!!" GuiGui shreaked as she saw Aaron approaching.

"I knew you would like it! It has your name on it." Aaron showed the shirt he's wearing with Lilo as the photo and her name was emblazoned in it.

"Where's mine?" GuiGui asked.

"Here." Aaron showed the the shirt he's holding.

"OMG! Stitch! Wahahahah!" GuiGui can't stop screaming like a small kid.

"Aren't you tired of screaming? You're hurting my ears." Aaron said with a laugh.

"Sorry but I'm so happy right now. This is the best night I had!" GuiGui said smiling at him.

"Really?" Aaron asked as they walked back to the car. "Better than your date with Danson?"

GuiGui's smile became wider. "Why are you comparing yourself to Danson? Don't tell me you're jealous of him?"

"HAH! Me? Jealous of him? Pai tuo! There's a lot of girls chasing me! I'm not that desperate! You're not that beautiful either." Aaron back.

GuiGui pouted her lips. "You almost drooled over me when you saw me at your house." she whispered.

"I didn't drooled. I was just surprised that's all." Aaron answered.

"You heard what I said?" GuiGui was starting her car.

"I'm not deaf." Aaron said sarcastically.

They drove around the town and she took Aaron back to his house.

"Thanks for the ride. Don't worry, I'll have my car very soon. I won't be too much annoying." Aaron said on her side behind the window.

"You're not much of a bother. Just a little. Anyway, I enjoyed our 'date'." GuiGui said.

Aaron laugh. "Yeah. I really enjoyed it. See you tomorrow."

"See you." GuiGui change the gear to drive and about to go when Aaron called her again. GuiGui turned her face to his direction and was shocked on what he did.

Aaron pulled her head and gave her a mouth watering kiss!