Chapter 31

Candy-Coated Love

 

"Danson!!!" Rainie shouted from the door.

"I'm here at the counter! Jeez! You sound like a siren from the Fire Department!" Danson stood up and stretched his legs.

"Ohhh. I thought you're in the kitchen. Let's go. I still have an appointment to catch," Rainie went ahead to his car.

Danson quickly closed the shop and headed to his car. "I missed GuiGui. I haven't seen her today."

"OMG! You sound like a lovestruck teenager. It's only 10 am. Maybe she's still sleeping," Rainie didn't told about their sleep over at the Wang's residence.

"Haha. Yeah. I am. So where we will go?" Danson managed the car to the highway.

"At the market. We need some stuff and then you can drop me at the hospital. I had an appointment with Calvin," Rainie said.

They reached the market in just 10 minutes. They picked up all the stuff they needed and then went straight into the hospital.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Danson asked as Rainie slide off the car.

"No, it's okay. Calvin will take care of me." Rainie smiled and waved goodbye.

She watched Danson drived away from the hospital and she went to Calvin's clinic.

Knock! Knock!

"Hi there! Come in! I missed you," Calvin stood up from his desk welcomed Rainie with a big hug.

"How are you, my dear hot, handsome, baobei?" Rainie hugged him back.

"Pai tuo! Stop it! My girlfriend might hear you!" Calvin whispered.

"Haha! Since when you got a girlfriend?!" Rainie sat at the couch.

"Since the day I met you?" Calvin joked. "Okay, enough of the goofing around. I need you to listen to me carefully."

"What about it?" Rainie stopped and listened to Calvin.

"I have the results of your tests. And it's not good." Calvin saying slowly.

"Really?!" Rainie's smile faded.

"We have to removed it to prevent the cells from spreading in your body," Calvin said.

"No!!! I don't want! Maybe there's another way... l-like antibiotics or something! Please don't tell me like this," Rainie's tears began to fell.

"I'm sorry. If you want, I can take you to my friend, she's an expert for this type of sickness. Maybe there's another way. We can get a second opinion. I'll take you now," Calvin stood up and took her.

Rainie felt she will faint. Calvin took her, grabbed her shoulders and they walked together outside of the hospital.

Meanwhile...

"Okay, slowly open your eyes, and keep blinking until you see everything clearly." the doctor commanded Larisa.

She did what the doctor told her. She finally saw three person standing in front of her. The doctor, nurse and Jiro.

Larisa started to cry. Then she went to Jiro and hugged him tightly. "Ohh, Jiro! I'm so glad I can see you now!"

"Yeah. I'm glad too. Your parents are not here. They said that they're in Japan for business meeting." Jiro told her and removed her arms.

"It's okay. They do that to me all the time. As long as your here by my side, I'm contented," Larisa told him.

Oh, no! How can I break her heart like this? Her parents are not here to support her. I might as well delay the bad news, Jiro thought.

As they're on their way to the car, Jiro saw Rainie being carried by Calvin. His head felt big and his face turned red with the rage of anger.

You bastard! Don't touch my wife! Jiro thought as he managed Larisa into the car.

"Wait here," Jiro told Larisa.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Larisa yelled.

Jiro took big steps and reached them in just a second.

"Where are you taking her?" Jiro asked without smiling.

"Excuse me?" Calvin asked while taking Rainie inside the car.

"Where are you taking her?" Jiro asked again looking at Rainie staring blank at the front seat.

"Who are you?" Calvin didn't answer his question.

"Answer me, damn it!" Jiro let out his rage.

"Stop it, Jiro! I'm going out for a while. I asked him to come with me. I'll just see you around. Cmon Calvin, we're gonna be late," Rainie said and closed the door.

Calvin went to the driver seat and start the car. Rainie didn't look back. She don't want to see Jiro's face hurt.

I'm sorry. Please understand. This is not the right time to tell you. I want to solve it by myself, Rainie thought wiping her tears.

Jiro was left all alone standing. Hurt is written all over his face.

What is wrong with you, Rainie? Why won't you tell me? And who is that Calvin in your life? Jiro thought as he headed back to Larisa.