Chapter 12

Candy-Coated Love

 

GuiGui was sitting at the window staring at nowhere. She was still mesmerized of Aaron's kiss. The kiss they shared for the second time around.

"I wondered if he always do that to all the girls he date? Or is it just me?" GuiGui giggled.

Her phone rang. "Wei?" GuiGui answered.

"GuiGui! Where is your brother? I've been calling him for the past hour and he's not answering the phone!" Larisa yelled on the other line.

"Geez, Larisa. I'm not deaf. Can you lower your voice?" GuiGui asked sarcastically.

"I can't because I'm too much angry! He didn't show up to our meeting place! I've waited for two hours! How can he do this to me? Tell me, is he seeing someone else?" Larisa was too much furious.

"How I wish he is seeing someone else." GuiGui whispered smirking.

"Where is he?" Larisa asked again.

"I don't know. He's not yet here. I'm alone in the house." GuiGui said lazily.

"If he comes home, tell him to call me." Larisa commanded her.

"Yeah..." GuiGui smirked again.

"I mean it, GuiGui. I'm warning you, if you don't tell him I'm gonna make your life miserable." Larisa slammed the phone.

"Ouch! You..." GuiGui furiously strangled her phone as if it was Larisa's neck.

Then, she remembered to call her brother. It was ringing but no answer.

"Where could he been?" GuiGui wondered.

Then she dialled Aaron's number.

"Yes, baobei? How can I help you? You missed me already?" Aaron said on the other line.

"Stop your nonsense, Aaron. Did my brother dropped by there?" GuiGui asked.

"Err... no. I haven't seen him. Wait, I'm gonna asked Mom." Aaron shouted and asked MRs. Yang. "Moooommmm, Did Jiro came here?"

Mrs. Yang peeked at his room. "No, he didn't. Your sister is not home either. Can you call her?"

"Sorry he's not here. Wait, you think Jiro and Rainie are together?" Aaron suddenly asked.

"Huh? I don't think so. They're not in good terms. Anyway, I'll just find him somewhere. Thanks." GuiGui was about to close the phone when Aaron shouted.

"Hold on! You'll roam outside? I'll come with you!" Aaron said.

"I'm not using my car. I'll walk." GuiGui answered.

"It's ok. I'll be there in 10 minutes. Wait for me!" Aaron closed the phone.

Dingdong! Dingdong!

GuiGui glanced at the watch. Almost 1 am.

"Who will it be at this wee hour?" GuiGui Went to the door and opened it.

"Danson! What are you doing here?" GuiGui was totally surprised.

"I'm trying to call Jiro to discuss something but no one answers. So I think I'll just dropped by. I'm not disturbing your sleep, have I?" Danson said.

"No. Not at all. I'm going out to find him maybe he's just roaming around. Maybe he forgot to bring his mobile that's why he's not answering." GuiGui answered and locked the door.

"I'll accompany you, if you don't mind." Danson answered.

"Sure." GuiGUi smiled.

They already walked a few metres when Aaron arrived. He was catching his breath.

"Aaron! You're here too? Are you finding Jiro also?" Danson asked him.

"I'm going to accompany GuiGui. I'm finding my sister. Maybe they're together. What are you doing here? Don't tell me you just want to see her?" Aaron pointing at GuiGui his eyebrows raised.

Danson laugh at Aaron's accusations. "Why? Am I not allowed to see her? Am I not allowed GuiGui?" he turned to GuiGui.

GuiGUi was off balanced with Danson's sudden question. "Err... this is a free country so everybody is entitled to do what they want." She just answered.

They crossed the street and noticed that the lights on Rainie's bakeshop was still open.

"Huh? The shop's lights are still on?" Danson asked himself and they walked inside.

###########################################################

"Awwwwwww! It really hurts!" Jiro still squirming in pain. "I think my digestive system was crushed!"

Rainie don't know what to do if she will find medicine or hold Jiro to ease the pain.

"OMG! I'm really sorry. It was all of a sudden. I'll get ice!" Rainie ran into the the storage built-in freezer.

She get a pack of ice and put it in Jiro's stomach for first aid.

"Hey! Are you alright? Jiro? Jiro?" Rainie tapping his cheeks. His eyes were closed.

"Oh, no! What did I do? I'm not that fat. Did I really hurt him that much?" Rainie kept asking and move closer to check on him.

Suddenly, Jiro opened his eyes. Rainie was caught in surprised and moved back. Jiro quickly grabbed her hand to prevent her from falling. Their eyes locked. The position had changed. Rainie was down and Jiro was above her. They're in that awkward position for quite a few minutes when suddenly the door opened. GuiGui, Aaron and Danson was speechless. Rainie and Jiro freezed.

"It's not what you think, guys..." Rainie broke the silence and pushed Jiro aside.

"She fell from the railing trying to figure how to get out. We're stuck here. The door lock was broken from the inside." Jiro explained and stood up.

"Geez, we're not asking anything. Why so defensive?" GuiGUi said in a teasing voice.

"On the other hand, if you fell, why was Jiro on the top?" Aaron eyed on Rainie accusing.

"Shut up! I'm so glad you guys came. Whew! I thought we will wait until tomorrow." Rainie changed the topic.

"Well, since we're all here, we better discuss this now because I'l be busy in a couple of days." Danson said and went out to the reception desk. The others followed him.

"Anyone wants some coffee?" Rainie asked.

"With milk and sugar," GuiGui answered.

"Me too!" Aaron and Danson said together.

"Black for me," Jiro said.

Rainie left the reception for a while. GuiGui moved closer to her brother. "Ei! Larisa was calling for a million times! Were did you go? You didn't bring your mobile!"

"I forgot and as I said before, we're stuck inside the storage room. The lock was jammed from the inside." Jiro whispered.

"She said you didn't show up to your meeting place. When I talked to her, she's like a dragon who wants to eat me alive!" GuiGui whispered too.

"OMG! I totally forgot about that! Geez, I'm dead!" Jiro held his head in frustration.

"What are you whispering over there?" Rainie said from their back holding tray of coffees.

"Nothing!" GuiGui and Jiro chanted.

They started to discuss about their business and didn't noticed the time.

"Gosh, it's almost 3 am. We have to rest now." Danson finally managed to finished their meeting.

All of them stood up and together turned off the lights.

The five of them crossed the street and reached Jiro and Rainie's house in seconds.

"See you tomorrow. Have a pleasant dreams." Jiro waved at them and gave Rainie a secret wink.

He went inside first. Rainie got into Danson's car. The three of them left at the doorstep.

"Yes? Anything else?" GuiGui asked to the two boys standing in front of her.

"Can I invite you to accompany me tomorrow, GuiGui? I'm going to a quick tour outside the city maybe you want to come." Danson said quickly.

Before GuiGUi could answer, Aaron interrupted. "I have a photoshoot at Taichung tomorrow and GuiGUi should be there. Sorry Danson, we're working."

"Cool! That's where I'm going! She can still come with me after work. It's ok, right?" Danson asked her again.

"Well---" GuiGui said but Aaron interrupted again.

"We'll be staying there for a few days and you can't take her because we'll be shooting until late evening. Right, GuiGui? GuiGui?" Aaron looked back and they heard the sound of the door locking.

GuiGui left the two arguing. She can't help but smile. Danson was sincere in pursuing her while Aaron, she really don't know what he wants to prove. He's acting weird. Randomly kissing her anytime he wants is such a weird action. She got back to her position sitting at the window watching them get away and daydreaming at three o' clock in the morning.