Chapter 15

Candy-Coated Love

 

Jiro was looking at the window and staring at the rain pouring outside.

It's almost 9pm and Rainie was still there, Jiro thought.

Then he straight up when the lights go out and Rainie appeared. She was locking up the bakeshop.

Rainie opened her umbrella and waited for taxi outside. The rain kept pouring and its getting stronger. She already felt cold.

Jiro stood up and took the umbrella and went outside.

"Rainie!" Jiro called.

"Ei! Jiro what's up?" Rainie said, her voice was trembling.

"Come on. Let's go inside first. The rain is so strong. I'll take you to your house later when the rain stops." Jiro shouted because of the heavy rain, they can't hear each other.

"Okay," Rainie shouted back.

They crossed the street and went inside Jiro's house. It's the first time she saw the house since Rainie came back from Paris.

Still the same, Rainie thought wiggling the water out of her hair.

"Wait here," Jiro disappeared.

In a few minutes, Jiro came back with clothes in his hands.

"Here, you better change so you will not catch a cold," he handed it to Rainie.

"Thanks. Aaacchhooo!" Rainie sneezed.

"Oh, no. You already have one. Tsk, tsk.You can change in GuiGui's room." Jiro disappeared again.

Rainie went to GuiGui's room. It was all pink and Stitch dominated the room. She saw the picture of the four of them ten years ago, neatly framed. Rainie smiled.

"Soo cute!" Rainie exclaimed. She quickly change and went out on the living room.

Jiro came out of the kitchen and brought two cups of hot soup.

"Here, drink this. It will make you feel better," Jiro gave the small bowl and sat at the couch.

"Aaacchhooo! This is horrible!" Rainie wiped her nose. Her head feels heavy and she's feeling dizzy.

"Here, blow." Jiro put the tissue on her nose.

Rainie blow on it. She wanted to lie down.

"I think you should stay. I'll take you tomorrow. I'll just inform Auntie that you're here." Jiro dialling her house number.

"No! I mean... Mom wouldn't let me stay here." Rainie moved away her eyes.

Jiro waited for Mrs. Yang to answer.

"Hello? Auntie? It's me, Jiro. Yeah. I'm fine, how are you? Good. Well, Rainie is with me right now and she's not feeling well. Can I take her tomorrow? GuiGui is not here so I'll let her stay in the room. Great. Thank you. Bye!" Jiro put down the phone. "See?"

"Whatever," Rainie murmured.

"How is the business?" Jiro asked.

"It's doing great. But I'm a little bit exhausted though. I really need someone to help me if Danson is not around." Rainie said and look out in the window.

"Why don't you make an advertisement? There are lots of people who needed job nowadays." Jiro suggested.

"Yeah. I need to do that. How is GuiGui and Aaron there at Taichung?" Rainie asked.

"They're very busy.Aaron is pretty popular now. I don't know when they're coming back. Isn't he informing you?" Jiro asked.

"He's very secretive on his activities. But it's okay. He can take care of himself." Rainie answered holding her head. "Can I take rest now? I really feel---"

Rainie fainted.

"Rainie? Rainie? God! You're so hot!" Jiro touch her forehead and lifted her body.

Jiro took Rainie to GuiGui's room and laid her on the bed. He covered her with a thick blanket and went to the bathroom to get cold towel. Jiro put on Rainie's forehead and took her temperature. She had fever. Jiro kept monitoring her until the fever went down. He was about to leave when Rainie hold his arm.

"Don't leave, please?" Rainie said but her eyes are closed.

"Huh?" Jiro was surprised on what she said.

Jiro sat at the side of the bed. Rainie went back to sleep again. He felt sleepy so he lay down beside her. Jiro was staring at Rainie's angelic face. He traced it with his fingers. He slowly went closer and planted a kiss on her soft lips. Then suddenly realized what he just did.

What am I doing? This isn't right, Jiro said to himself turning back and went asleep.

The next morning...

Rainie felt heavy on her legs. She tried to open her eyes but the ray of light was so bright it kept her eyes closed for a few minutes. Then she looked beside her. Rainie's eyes popped open.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" Rainie screamed as loud as she can.

Jiro sat up surprised still half asleep. "Huh? Where's the fire?"

Rainie kick him out of the bed.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?" Jiro touching his .

"Why are you sleeping here?!" Rainie asked checking herself if something was different.

"You're the one who let me stay here," Jiro answered and stood up.

"Ows? I don't believe you!" Rainie accused him.

"Well... suit yourself. I think you're okay now." Jiro check her temperature.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I'll go now." Rainie stood up also.

"Wait! Let's eat breakfast first," Jiro stopped her.

"I'll eat in the house," Rainie took her clothes.

"Okay, if that's what you want. I'll take you home. Wait here, I'll get the keys." Jiro went to his room.

Rainie waited at the living room when the front door open.

"Jiro? Jiro?" Larisa walked inside with the stick on her hand. "Who's there?"

Rainie was surprised. Larisa's sense was very strong.

"It's me." Rainie answered.

"Rainie? What are you doing here early morning?" Larisa made a strong face.

"I was just---" Rainie answered but Jiro came.

"Larisa?! What are you doing here early morning?" Jiro asked the same question.

"I'm the one who should asked you. Why is Rainie here early morning? What's going on?" Larisa gritting her teeth.