Chapter 35

Candy-Coated Love

 

"NO! It can't be!" Aaron almost dropped his phone.

What on earth is QiaoQiao talking about?! Aaron thought.

"You heard me right, darling.You have a responsibility on me," QiaoQiao said firmly.

"I don't believe you! We broke up 3 months ago! It can't be mine!" Aaron almost shouting.

"And how long have you been in Taiwan, Aaron?" QiaoQiao asked.

"T-two months, but I'm sure it's not mine! Don't make me look like a fool, QiaoQiao. Don't ruin my life," Aaron gritted his teeth.

"I have the proof. Come and see it," QiaoQiao dared him.

"Alright. Where are you now?" Aaron asked.

"I'm at your sister's shop. In the front door," QiaoQiao said.

"Okay, wait for me." Aaron managed the car back to his sister's shop in front of GuiGui's house.

I hope GuiGui wouldn't think of coming to the shop, Aaron thought.

He saw QiaoQiao waiting impatiently at the door step of Pretty Pastries. He quickly got out of the car and pulled QiaoQiao inside.

"What is wrong with you, QiaoQiao? Aren't you tired of making my life miserable?" Aaron said gripping her arms tightly.

QiaoQiao showed the papers. All of laboratory exams showed that she's pregnant. Three months.

Aaron was shaking when he handed the papers back to her.

"Now, you believe me?" QiaoQiao said with a victory smile.

"I'm just starting my career. The company will sue me," Aaron dropped at the counter table with his hands on his head.

"There's only one solution." QiaoQiao said. "Marry me."

Footsteps coming out of the kitchen was heard.

"Ei, Aaron! Who are you talking to?" Danson said while holding a tray of newly baked cookies.

QiaoQiao freezed. Slowly she turned around if she heard it right.

It can't be! No. He is not... QiaoQiao thought.

Danson dropped the tray. "Q-QiaoQiao?"

"D-Danson?" QiaoQiao almost fainted.

"You know each other?" Aaron asked.

"No!" "Yes!" both answered.

Aaron got confused. "Yes or no?"

"Yes. We met in Paris a few months ago. When I go there for training." Danson said anxiously. "So, what are you doing here, QiaoQiao?"

"Aaron asked me to marry him, and I said yes." QiaoQiao answered eagerly.

The sound of broken glass filled the room. GuiGui was standing in the front door, shocked.

GuiGui felt her head becomes big and a slight of dizziness overcome her. "I'm sorry."

GuiGui ran towards their house.

"GuiGui!!!" Aaron yelled and about to follow her when QiaoQiao stopped him.

"Let go of me!" Aaron said and followed GuiGui.

Danson pulled QiaoQiao inside. "Don't mess Aaron's life, QiaoQiao. He's happy with his life now."

"It's none of your business. It's my right to let him know about the baby!" QiaoQiao bursted the words.

"Baby? What baby?" Danson asked.

"I'm pregnant. And it's Aaron's." QiaoQiao moved her eyes away from him.

"P-Pregnant?" Danson chuckled.

"What's so funny about that?" QiaoQiao whispered angrily.

"We both know that you're not pregnant, QiaoQiao. You can't bear a child." Danson said sarcastically.

"Shut up!" QiaoQiao almost burned in anger.

"What if I told Aaron that you're lying? What do you think he will do?" Danson asked.

"What if I told Aaron that you are the guy who I cheated with him? What do you think he will do to you? You don't want your friendship to ruin right?" QiaoQiao strikes back.

Danson gripped his hands and his heart wanted to burst because of anger.

###########################################################

"GuiGui! GuiGui! Open up, please? Let's talk about it," Aaron shouted outside her room.

GuiGui was weeping silently and laid face down on her bed. "Go away!"

"No! I won't. You got it all wrong! I'm not marrying QiaoQiao. Trust me. Open the door. I'll explain everything to you," Aaron said on the other side of the door.

Silence dominate the whole place in about five minutes. Suddenly, the door clicked.

"GuiGui?" Aaron peeked at the door and saw GuiGui staring outside at the window.

Aaron come closer.

"Stay right there. Don't come near me." GuiGui said while wiping her tears.

Aaron stopped. "Believe me, GuiGui. I will not marry her. We broke up three months ago and then suddenly she came here to ruin my life telling that she was pregnant and---"

"SHE"S PREGNANT?!?!" GuiGui screamed on top of her lungs.

"That's what she said but I don't believe her. I remember she had this problem a few years ago. She thought she was pregant but she's not." Aaron explained.

"How would you know she's not? What if she showed you some papers?" GuiGui sniffing and blowing her nose.

"Actually she did. But it was all fake. I knew it. Believe me GuiGui. Me and QiaoQiao is over." Aaron continued to come closer and touched her shoulder.

"I thought all of my efforts will be gone in just a sec," GuiGui started to cry louder. "I even yelled 'Wo Ai Ni' in public. Didn't you know how embarassed I am? I feel so stupid. But I can't hide it anymore, because... I really love you," GuiGui said finally.

Aaron smiled widely. "All of your efforts will not be thrown just like that. In fact, it bears love. The love that I have for you. Since the day I met you,"

GuiGui looked up and saw Aaron's eyes. It is filled with love and compassion. She grabbed his arms and pulled him, hugged him tightly.

"I love you, GuiGui." Aaron said.

"I love you too, Aaron." GuiGui smiled.

Aaron his hand on GuiGui's face memorizing every details. He kissed her forehead, her nose, her cheeks, and lastly on the lips, bringing them into a world of happiness, love and contentment.