Chapter 39

Candy-Coated Love

 

"Where is Jiro?" Larisa asked Rainie straight faced.

"He's in the kitchen," Rainie answered.

Larisa went straight into the kitchen without being invited.

"Larisa!" Jiro stood up as soon as he saw her.

"Darling! I miss you so much!" Larisa quickly hugged Jiro without even bothered looking at GuiGui and Aaron.

Rainie saw it and her heart was aching.

"We have to talk Larisa. Now," Jiro walked through the hallway pulling Larisa to the living room.

Rainie, GuiGui and Aaron followed.

"What is it?" Larisa asked sitting on the couch.

"We have to cancel our wedding, and you should stop seeing me," Jiro said it finally.

"What?! Are you insane? What is gone into your brain nowadays, Jiro? You should avoid these people around you!" Larisa pointing at Rainie and Aaron.

"Hey!" Aaron protested.

Rainie hold onto him and said, "Calm down."

"It's my decision. And it's final," Jiro said calmly.

Larisa moved forward into Rainie. "Is it because of her, that's why you're changing our plans?"

Rainie moved away. "I'll go upstairs."

Larisa pulled her hair. "Wait a minute! Why are you going upstairs? This isn't your house!"

"Take your hands off her, Larisa. I mean it." Jiro was getting angry.

Rainie stood still pulling back her hair. Larisa let go of it.

"This is my house now. And try to lay your hand on me again, you'll gonna regret it," Rainie said with a gritted teeth.

"Ohhh, so you're fierce now huh? Why? Who are you in Jiro's life? Who are you to tell me like that?" Larisa pushing her towards the wall.

"She's my wife, Larisa. We're married already." Jiro showed the wedding ring he's wearing.

Larisa freezed. "It can't be! You're engaged to me! How can you do this?" Larisa was soo much angry.

"I told you it's over between us. I can't stand you anymore. I'm sorry." Jiro said.

Larisa slapped Jiro very hard. He didn't say anything. He accepted it. Then Larisa turned to Rainie and attacked her.

"You damn, witch!!!" Larisa tried to slapped Rainie also but this time, Jiro hold onto her hand.

"Leave us, Larisa. Please. Don't make anymore scene. Accept the fact that it's over between us," Jiro told her and gripped her arms.

"She took you away from me!" Larisa being hysterical.

Aaron and GuiGui watched only on the side.

Rainie stepped out. "I didn't took him away from you, Larisa. I just claimed what is rightfully mine. Ten years ago, remember? Ten years ago, where our supposed to be happy celebration turns out to be a nightmare for me and my brother. If you just shut your stinky mouth, everything will be alright. I wouldn't dare to go away. I wouldn't dare to leave him. Maybe, our lives will be more simple, without complications, without you. Please leave. Don't come near my husband again."

Jiro was stunned with Rainie's confession. He stared at Rainie's beautiful face for a while. As Larisa walked out of the house, they know that it's over.

Aaron went to Rainie. "Jie, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Only a few strands of hair fell. Haha." Rainie tried to joke around.

"I'll take you to our room. Guys, take care of the dishes okay?" Jiro asked GuiGui.

"Meiguan xi," GuiGui said went into the kitchen followed by Aaron.

When Jiro and Rainie entered the room, she quickly jumped into the bed and covered her face with the pillow.

"What are you doing?" Jiro asked.

"I'm so embarassed. I shouldn't told that to Larisa. I just make my life more complicated." Rainie said frustratedly.

Jiro pulled the blanket out of her face. "Don't be. You did the right thing." He paused. "Is it true? That if Larisa didn't said those things to you, you wouldn't go? you wouldn't leave me?"

Rainie sat and looked at Jiro. "Yeah. Maybe. But we can't change our destiny. This is our fate. In six months, we'll get divorce. You live your own life, I'll live mine."

"What if we stay like this? I mean, don't get a divorce? What do you think?" Jiro suddenly asked.

Rainie was taken aback. That's what she's dreaming of. But she know it will not happen. "Why? Is there a reason not to get a divorce?"

Jiro thought it for a while before he answered. "Well, we can expand our business in a way like this."

Rainie answered frustratedly. "Ohhh, so for the sake of our business, you'll sacrifice your own happiness?"

"How can I sacrifice my happiness when I'm happy and contented. Aren't you happy?" Jiro stood up.

"I'm not. I don't like this kind of situation in marriage for once. I wanted to have a husband who loves me and takes care of me. I wanted to have children that's why I don't want to remove my ovaries like Calvin said. There! Have I told you enough?" Rainie started to cry.

"But I can be a good husband and a father too, Rainie. If you just let me be," Jiro caressed Rainie's hair.

"What do you mean?"Rainie looked at Jiro intensely.

Jiro answered her with a passionate kiss. So passionate as if there's no tomorrow.

###########################################################

GuiGui and Aaron finished washing the dishes and went into their rooms. GuiGui stayed into Aaron's room for a while.

"What do you think they're doing now?" GuiGui asked.

"Pai tuo! Of course! What else could it be? They're confessing their love for each other and making out," Aaron said while munching some chips.

"e!" GuiGui hit him on the head.

"What? I'm just stating a fact. What else can a husband and wife do in the room? Playing cards?" Aaron joked.

"Haha! I'll change to pajamas first. Wait for me," GuiGui ran towards the adjacent door.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Aaron teased.

GuiGui looked back and stuck out her tongue. In a few minutes, she's already in her stitch pj's.

She saw Aaron changed into his pj's too. "Patrick Starfish? You're so weird!" GuiGui almost died of laughing.

"I took this after you bought the Spongebob pj's for Jiro. I thought it's for you that's why I quickly bought a partner for it. Why? It's cute!" Aaron showed his pajamas.

"It's hilarious! He's dumber than Spongebob! Just like you!" GuiGui can't stopped laughing.

"Aha! I'm dumbed huh? Well, partly, it's true. Because I fell in love with you." Aaron striked back.

GuiGui chased Aaron around the room and his room was filled with laughter again.

###########################################################

"This is your last laugh, GuiGui. You can't take Aaron away from me. Never. Over my dead body," QiaoQiao fiercefully glanced at the window where Aaron and GuiGui seen playing around...