Chapter 14

Candy-Coated Love

 

"Why?" the three of them ask GuiGui.

"Err... Ahh..." GuiGui was thinking the best reason to say.

Why did I just blurt things out? So stupid! GuiGui thought.

"She came from a jog and she's sweating. I know Aaron to be so picky when it comes to grooming." GuiGui picked a very lame excuse.

"Ei! I still smell nice even if I sweat!" Hebe snapped at her.

"Whatever!" GuiGui said rolling her eyes.

"It's lunch time already so better if we eat before proceeding to work." Danson carried GuiGui away.

Aaron followed them and Hebe followed him.

"Wait for me darling!" Hebe said.

"Will you please stop that? You're doing a scene here. You know how the paparazzi's are so eager to get scoop on us. I'm just starting my career, Hebe. Don't ruin it." Aaron warn her.

Hebe just pouted her lips and still hold onto his arms.

They went to a nearby restaurant. Danson choose a four-seater table. When Aaron was about to sat, Hebe pulled her.

"Let's find another table. Maybe they wanted to have a private conversation." Hebe said.

"But..." Aaron protested.

Hebe choose table near the window but Aaron insisted to sat behind GuiGui and Danson.

"So, until what time your going to work?" Danson started as the waiter gave their drinks first.

"Maybe we'll be finished around... 7 pm. Why?" GuiGui asked as she sips at her juice.

"Let's go to the beach nearby. They said it's fantastic there." Danson asked her.

"Really?! OMG! I love beach! But I don't have anything to wear." GuiGui said excitedly.

"We'll go shopping first then go to the beach. How's that?" Danson smiled at her.

"Okay!" GuiGui grinned.

"Ei! I need to go shopping after the photoshoot. I need you to be with me, GuiGui." Aaron peeked from GuiGui's back.

"Aaron! Can't you do it alone? I need to unwind myself a little bit!" GuiGui said staring at his eyes.

"Then I'll go with you guys." Aaron whispered so Hebe can't hear.

"One minute, Danson." GuiGui excused herself and pulled Aaron's shirt.

"What are you trying to do? He invited me to go out alone. Why don't you and that sissy girl go out on your own instead of bugging into my date?" GuiGui said with gritted teeth.

"Even if he's my friend, I don't trust him. He's a playboy. Remember, your brother said to take care of you so anything happens is my responsibility. Get used to that." Aaron fixed himself as Hebe looked at them.

"Aiyoh!" that's all that GuiGui can say.

"Everything's okay?" Danson asked her.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." GuiGui tried to force a smile.

Their food came and they eat their lunch. As soon as they finished, they went back to the location. Aaron and Hebe started to dress and do their hair and make up.

"I need to go away for a while. I'll see you at seven, hao ba?" Danson said.

"Okay. See you later." GuiGui smiled.

After Danson left, GuiGui help to prepare the props for the photoshoot. After thirty minutes, Aaron and Hebe stunningly came out of the dressing room.

OMG! Here goes my heart again, GuiGui thought.

She kept staring at Aaron and didn't heard the photographer calling.

"I know he's so hot. He's going to melt if you don't stop staring." the photographer said on her back.

"Jie jie! you scared me!" GuiGui said blushing.

"I know those look. I remember when I was young, ahhh, the feeling of having your first love." the photographer was reminiscing her good old days.

"Stop your nonsense jie jie. He's my childhood friend. Besides, he's busy in his career and no time for these stuffs." GuiGui replied.

"I know when I see one. Believe me." the photographer called Aaron and Hebe to be in position to start the photoshoot.

They finished at 6:30 pm. They started to pack things up when Hebe asked Aaron to go out with her.

"Come on, let's go to this very cool night club. They said they have live band playing there. I want to go!" Hebe was being a brat.

"I can't, Hebe. I have something else to do. Besides I'm already tired. I want to rest early. You do the same too." Aaron tried to convince her.

"Hmmp!!! Suit yourself!" Hebe left stomping her feet.

"Why don't you accompany her instead of clinging into my own date?" GuiGui asked from behind.

"Do you really want me to?" Aaron suddenly turned around and asked.

GuiGui come face to face with Aaron and almost hear his breathing.

Gosh! What is happening to me? Why do I feel this way everytime he's close to me? GuiGui thought.

"Do you?" Aaron repeated looking straight into her eyes.

Before GuiGui could answer, Danson came.

"Ready?" Danson asked GuiGui and Aaron.

"You go ahead guys. I'm going to rest early." Aaron said with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

He started to walk back to their hotel. GuiGui's eyes followed him until he's gone.

"What happened? Did you guys fight?" Danson asked carrying GuiGui to the car.

GuiGui stopped. "Listen, Danson, I think we'll just do it some other time. I'm kinda exhausted too. I hope you understand."

"Oh," disappointment was shown on Danson's face. "No problem. We'll do it next time."

They walked back to the hotel. They reached Danson's room first.

"I'm really sorry Danson. I hope you're not mad at me." GuiGui said.

"No,no! I'm fine. Take rest early. Goodnight." Danson said and gave GuiGui a peck on the cheek.

The door opened next to Danson's. Aaron came out and saw the kiss. His face become gloomy and dark. He came back to his room and slammed the door.

"Don't mind him. He's having PMS." GuiGui laughed.

"I know." Danson went inside his room.

GuiGui opened the door next to Aaron. She laid down in the bed and stared at the ceiling for quite a few minutes.

"I thought your going to the beach?" Aaron's voice filled the room.

"Holy crap! How did you get in here?" GuiGui was surprised and sat on the bed.

"Our room was adjacent remember?" Aaron said walking towards her.

"why you came back early?" Aaron tried to know what's going on.

"I... felt lazy." GuiGui answered.

"Really? Or do you want to do other things?" Aaron asked suspiciously.

"What are you talking about?" GuiGui didn't like what he asked.

"I saw you two. Maybe if I didn't came you already do something with him." Aaron said maliciously.

GuiGui slapped him hard. "You know me better than that, Aaron. Get out of here!"

Aaron was shocked. Not from the slap but from the words that came out of his mouth.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." Aaron apologized and tried to hold her hand.

"Get out, Aaron. I thought Danson is your friend. I thought you're my friend. I didn't know that you can think dirty on us." GuiGui can't help but cry.

"Hush, hush. I'm so sorry. Please, don't cry. I was just... being a jerk today. I don't know why. Please forgive me, GuiGui. I don't want you to get mad at me." Aaron pulled her closer and hugged tightly.

GuiGui felt his sincerity. But he can't get away that easily. "You owe me."

"What?" Aaron pulled back.

"As a punishment, you owe me something. I have to think about it carefully." GuiGui stopped crying.

Aaron laugh. "Alright. If that's what make you happy. " he dried the tears on her eyes.

GuiGui stared at him. Aaron stared back. He gently caress her face.Traced the outline from the forehead to her chin.He moved closer to her and they are about to kiss when suddenly...

"Aaron, where are you darling? Let's go to the club!" Hebe's voice filled his room.

"She's at your room?!" GuiGui moved back and asked furiously.

"Err.. yeah. She kept bugging me to go to the club upstairs." Aaron scratching his head. "Come with us!"

"No way! You know I hate noisy places." GuiGui protested.

"Cmon! She won't stop until I go with her. Better you come with us." Aaron begging.

"She'll kill me!" GuiGui said.

"Leave it to me," Aaron pulled her out of the room. " I have an idea."