Chapter 5

Candy-Coated Love

 

Jiro and Larisa entered the shop and Danson greeted them.

"Welcome! Please have a seat." he took them to the table."My partner just take a walk outside. She'll be here any minute," he felt awkward.

"It's ok. It's our fault anyway. Hmmm. You prepared snacks, huh? By the way, this is Larisa, my fiancee. My sister will dropped by later." Jiro said.

"Nice to meet you, Larisa." Danson offered his hand but she didn't respond.

Jiro took her hand. "He's offering a handshake." he told Larisa.

"Ohh! I'm sorry. Nice to meet you too!" Larisa smiled.

Danson looked at Jiro with puzzled face.

"She can't see." He informed him.

"Ohh." Danson felt sorry for her.

"Come, have a snack while waiting for her," he guided them towards the snack bar. "Help yourself ok?" Danson said.

Jiro took a slice for him and Larisa. He tasted it. "Wow! This is soo... different. I've never taste blueberry cheesecake like this before." he praised. "Would you like another one, Larisa?" Jiro asked her.

"You know I don't dig sweets, Jiro," Larisa said pushing the plate.

"Ok. I'll take another slice then," he answered.

Danson took the bag of gummy candies and put in the table. Jiro's hand freezed in the air.

"What's that for?" his heart beating so fast.

"Ohh! Just for decoration I think. Rain brought it a while ago." Danson answered. His phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Go to the kitchen! Now!" Rainie commanded him.

"Why are you whispering? Where are you?" Danson asked.

"I'm outside. Is he the supplier?" she asked pointing at the window as if Danson can see her.

"Yeah. He's Jiro Wang. The legendary chocolatier. Come inside now so you can meet him." Danson answered.

"I think I can't." Rainie said.

"Whaattt?! Cmon! Don't do this to me. I felt awkward already." Danson said in frustration.

"I really can't right now. Maybe next time. Make stories. Do your thing. You're good at it. Ciao!" Rainie closed the phone.

Danson took a deep breath before coming out of the kitchen. "Ahh... Jiro, I apologized on behalf of my partner. Something came up and she can't comeback now."

"Meiguan xi. We'll have lots of time to meet. We'll get going. Thanks for the snack. Tell her it's the best." Jiro smiled, took a handfull of gummy candies and carried Larisa to the door.

"You just wasted your time waiting for nothing? What a brat!" Larisa whispered but enough to reached Danson's ears.

"Watch your mouth!" Jiro warned Larisa.

He looked at Danson with apologetic eyes.

"It's ok." Danson mouthed.

They crossed the street already when Rainie came inside the shop.

"What is wrong with you? What happened to your dress?" Danson's eyes are furiously looking at her.

"I can explain." Rainie said.

"Hell, yeah! I need some explanation. This must be good. You made me looked dumb in front of them." Danson was angry.

"Dui bu qi. I have my reasons." Rainie sat in front of him.

"I met him a while ago. Outside. Kinda bad meeting. Her girlfriend spilled the coffee on my dress," she showed it. "Then I got angry and insulted her. I didn't mean it. How would I know if she's really blind? She looks normal to me. Of course, there goes Mr. Superman defending her damsel in distress. I got carried away." she explained.

"Hmmm. So that's how it is?" Danson lielow.

"Yep! So please don't get angry to me?" Rainie hugged him.

"Haola, haola. I thought he just freaked out the hell off you," he said.

"Well... actually... you're right. I kinda freaked out. Ten years without a glimpse then suddenly popped out in front of me." Rainie confessed.

Danson's eyes grew wider. "You mean... he? you?"

"Yeah. He's the long lost bestfriend and my first love, Jiro Wang." then she remembered. "Did you told him my name?" she asked.

"As far as I remember, I didn't mention your full name. I kept calling you 'partner' or 'Rain' in front of him." Danson answered.

"Good. Don't mention anything. It's not the right time, yet." Rainie stood up and stretch.

"By the way, he said your blueberry cheesecake is the best and he took a handfull of gummy candies." Danson said picking up the keys.

Rainie smiled when he said that. They both walked towards the door and closed the shop.

###########################################################

"Mom! We'll go out on a date! Ciao!" Aaron shouted from the outside.

"Enjoy guys!" Mrs. Yang waved goodbye. GuiGui waved back.

"She's happy to see you." Aaron said.

"I'm very glad to see auntie too. Why Rainie was not around?" GuiGui asked while making a left turn.

"She had a meeting with a business client.Ohh, shoot! I forgot I needed to go there. Nevermind, I'll just call her that I can't come." Aaron dialled his sister's number.

"Yo, Jie! I can't come at your place. I need to go shopping." he said.

"No need. We're done already. And you don't have any use there." Rainie said on the other line.

"Okie then. Bye!" Aaron closed the phone.

"Where are we going?" GuiGui asked.

"Is Bu San Mall still open?" he asked.

"Yep. It's bigger now. They renovated it 5 years ago," She droved the car to Bu San Mall.

"Okie. We go there." Aaron said.

In just a few minutes, GuiGui parked her car.

They walked inside the mall. Every people they met can't help but take a second look. Not on her but on Aaron. Well, GuiGui can't blame them. Aaron looks stunning in a pair of faded jeans, plain white shirt and a coat on top of it. He looks like he stepped out of a fashion magazine. While GuiGui is like a trash beside him wearing loose shirt and baggy pants.

"Let's go here." Aaron pulled her inside the boutique.

The salesladies quickly approached him and they pushed GuiGui aside. Aaron loves the attention he's getting but he don't like if the girls are aggresive and doing the first move.

"Girls, girls. Calm down. One by one, ok? And please no touching. My girlfriend will get angry." Aaron said.

"Aww! You have a girlfriend already?" one girl said.

"Dui." he answered.

"Where is she? I don't see one," the other girl said.

Aaron walked towards GuiGui who at that time eating ice cream while waiting for him.

"She is my girlfriend." Aaron put his arms around GuiGui's shoulder.

"SHE?!" everyone said at the same time.

"ME?!" GuiGui said, her eyes popped out in surprise.