Chapter 13

Candy-Coated Love

 

Aaron was pouting while driving GuiGui's car. They're on their way to Taichung for a three-day photoshoot.

GuiGui was on the backseat with Danson. He remembered what happened early morning.

"GuiGui! Let's go!" Aaron shouted from the living room. He heard heavy footsteps coming down from the Wang's residence.

"Dadong!!! We're leaving!" GuiGui shouted.

Jiro peek from the kitchen and gave an ok sign. "Take care of my sister Aaron!"

Aaron wink at Jiro. "Got it!"

"I'll drive. It's a long journey. You'll need some energy later." Aaron took the keys from her hand and start the car.

"Suit yourself." GuiGui said.

Before they get out of the garage, Danson came.

"Hey guys! Wait for me!" Danson shouted.

"What are you doing here, dude?" Aaron asked.

"I'm going with you. I told you I have something to take care off at Taichung also." Danson said and sat at the backseat.

"You have a car, right?" Aaron look at the back and glance at Danson grinning at GuiGui.

"I invited him to join us instead of taking his car." GuiGui answered his question.

"Oh, really?" Aaron said sarcastically.

Now, they are on the second hour of their journey. Danson and GuiGui are non-stop chatting at the back while Aaron was tired of frowning at the driver seat.

"They didn't even bother to ask if I'm tired or not! Geez!" Aaron was mumbling.

GuiGui and Danson was laughing then suddenly Aaron pulled the clutch break. Both hit their head at the back of the headrest.

"Ouch!" GuiGui and Danson chanted.

"Dui bu qi. Something crossed the street." Aaron smirked.

"Are you tired? Do you want me to replace you?" GuiGui said.

"My God! I thought you wouldn't asked!" Aaron protested.

"I'll drive." Danson volunteered.

"But---" GuiGui said but Aaron interrupted.

"Good. I'll pull over," Aaron stopped at the road side.

They change positions. GuiGui asked Danson. "Do you want me to sit there?" she reffered to the front passenger seat.

"Ei! I'm so tired. Stay here." Aaron laid his head on her lap and take a nap. In just a few seconds, Aaron was snoring.

Danson continued to drive. They reached Taichung before noon.

"Ahhhhhh!!! I'm so hungry." Aaron yawn and got out of the car.

Danson and GuiGui got out of the car too. Suddenly, they heard someone screaming.

"Aaarooonnnnn!!! Baobei I missed you soo much!!!" Hebe ran towards Aaron and kissed him on the lips.

GuiGui's eyes popped out and like an instinct, she pulled Hebe away.

"Ei! Get your hands off him!" GuiGui said.

To their surprise, Aaron, Danson, and Hebe looked at GuiGui's direction.

###########################################################

Jiro knocked at Larisa's house. In a few minutes, the door opened. Larisa's face can't be painted.

"Rizz, I'm sorry about yesterday. I---" Jiro started but Larisa snapped at him.

"Where did you go yesterday? I've waited for hours and not even your shadow showed up!" anger showed on Larisa's face.

"I know it's my fault. I'm really, really sorry. Please forgive me?" Jiro said and tried to hugged her but she refused.

"It's my special day yesterday, Dadong! But of course, you didn't know that!" Larisa was still furious but her voice was low.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do. Just forgive me please?" Jiro was begging.

"You know I can't be angry to you for a long time. But this is your last chance Jiro. You'll regret it if you do it again." Larisa calmed down.

"I promise I won't." he held his hand up.

"Ok. I got good news for you. I have a donor already. I'm scheduled for the operation this week. Isn't it great? I'm going to see those handsome face again." Larisa said with a big smile.

"Really? That's great!" Jiro exclaimed but lack of enthusiasm.

"I want you to be there and don't even think of not showing up again." Larisa warned him.

"I swear I won't." Jiro promised.

They walked to the dining area when suddenly, Jiro's phone rang.

"Wei?" he answered.

"Sorry to disturb you but I really need your help." Rainie said on the other line.

"Err... I'm at Larisa's house. What is it?" Jiro whispered.

"Who are you talking to?" Larisa sensed his move.

"My client." Jiro said too.

"Ohhh." Larisa sounding suspicious.

"What is it, Rainie?" Jiro asked.

"I had a tea party this afternoon for the senior citizens and they pre-ordered 5 chocolate marble and 5 triple truffle treat. I only got 3 of each stocks! I need a hand here at the shop and at the same time, need more of the chocolate thingy." Rainie explained.

"Where's Danson? I know your brother was out of town with GuiGui---" Jiro haven't finished his sentence.

"They are altogether. He had some business to attend at Taichung also. Please? I only got 3 hours!" Rainie pleaded.

Jiro looked at Larisa. He's supposed to take her out today to make it up to her. "Okay. I'll be there in ten minutes." he hung up.

"No!!! You will not leave me again! I told you, this is your last chance Jiro!" Larisa quickly replied.

"This is business, Larisa. Please understand. One of my client needs supplies. I can't say no just because I'm going out. Later, we go out in the evening. Hao ba?" Jiro said and quickly ran to the door so Larisa wouldn't argue anymore.

Larisa gripped her hand tight. "Your stealing him away from me, Ms. Piggy!" she clenched her teeth.

###########################################################

"This is killing me! I shouldn't let Danson go! Urrrggghhhh!!!" Rainie was covered with dirt all over her face.

She just finished 2 cakes and still need 2 more. She can't do all the preparations for the gatherings and running the shop at the same time. She's already exhausted.

"Rainie?" Jiro came in.

"I'm here in the kitchen!" she shouted.

Jiro saw Rainie running here and there. He tooked Danson's apron and put the chocolates on the table.

"Here's your stock. Good thing I had a box of non-sweetened bars. I forgot to make yesterday." Jiro said and helped Rainie to bake.

Rainie stopped his hand. " You don't know how to bake right? I need you to help me attend my customers. Not the baking."

Jiro laugh. "Yeah. I knew you would say that. But there's no customer yet. I'll help you. Just give me instructions."

"Okay. Better you melt the chocolate bars so I can start the filling." Rainie answered as she put the cakes at the oven.

They haven't noticed the time. They finished everything exactly before the gathering starts. They packed it all and delivered to the venue.

At the entrance,

"Excuse me, where should we deliver these cakes?" Rainie asked the old woman sitting at the reception.

"Go to the back side there's an entrance door to the kitchen." the old woman replied.

They went to the back side and put all the homemade cakes. The manager gave the payment and off they went home.

"Gosh! This is soo exhausting! I'll not do it by myself anymore." Rainie rested her head at the front seat's headrest.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" Jiro asked.

No reply.

He looked at his side and saw Rainie peacefully sleeping. She's so tired, he thought.

Jiro lifted his hand and gently caress her face.

"Mmmmm.... Can I have Big Mac meal?" Rainie whispered.

"Huh?" Jiro was startled and took away his hand.

"You asked if I'm hungry right?" Rainie opened her eyes.

"I thought you were sleeping?!" Jiro exclaimed.

"I heard you." Rainie smiled.

"Okay. Let's go." Jiro made their way to the fastfood drive in.

They ordered a full meal. Rainie was soo hungry.

"OMG! I ate this big meal since 15 years old! I missed it though." Rainie exclaimed.

"Really?" Jiro was surprised.

"Yeah, since the day your little girlfriend hurt me and Aaron's ego, I told myself I would never eat fastfoods again." Rainie can't help but being sarcastic.

"Ei! Don't be like that! It's all in the past, you know." Jiro said while giving the burger a big bite.

They chat a few minutes then he took her back to the shop.

"Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it." Rainie said before she opened the car door.

"Anytime. What are friends for?" Jiro said.

"Yeah. Friends. I'm only your friend." Rainie whispered.

"Why do you wish to be more than that?" Jiro whispered too.

"OMG! You heard me?" Rainie blushed.

Jiro smiled. "Do you wish to be more than that, Rainie?"

"Ahh... ehh... I need to close down the shop. Have a great night, Jiro." Rainie didn't answered him.

Jiro pulled her arm and they come face to face, his lips almost touching hers. Rainie's heart was beating fast.

"Why can't you answer? Because you wanted as much as I do, huh?" Jiro teases her.

"Stop it, Dadong!" Rainie tried to take back her arm.

"Ahh. Now you call me on my petname. I know when you call me like that, you're nervous. Are you?" Jiro kept getting closer.

Rainie faced him even though she can hear her heart racing. "You're fiancee send somebody to watch over you. If you don't stop, she's gonna eat you alive!"

Jiro looked at the area where Rainie pointed. He only saw the shadow. He just shook his head.

"I have her out of obligation, Rainie!" Jiro shouted from the car.

Rainie stopped at the front door of the shop.

"Then don't mess around and be a responsible man." Rainie answered and went inside the shop, a tear fell down on her face.