Chapter 45

Candy-Coated Love

 

Rainie blinked her eyes for several times before she can see clearly, wondering where is she. Then she spotted Jiro asleep on the left side of her bed while Calvin was on the couch sleeping also.

"Ummm..." Rainie said, still weak.

Jiro woke up and saw Rainie trying to reach for the glass of water beside the table.

"Ei! Why you're not asking?" Jiro reached the glass and help Rainie sit up.

Rainie drank the water before answering. "I don't want to wake you up. You're both tired, I knew it," she looked at Calvin too.

"How are you, sweety?" Jiro asked and kissed Rainie's forehead.

"Much better. Though I feel--- huh? Why I have this bandage? Did Calvin do the surgery?" Rainie panicked when she saw the operation right through her belly.

"Before you freak out, hear me out first," Calvin said yawning. "I did the surgery, but... I removed the lump only. Your ovary is still intact so you can have as much babies as you like." Calvin smiled very wide, his eyes are teasing.

Rainie blushed, looked at Jiro then looked back at Calvin. "Thanks, you really are heaven sent, Cal. Come here, give me a hug."

Calvin came closer and give Rainie a quick hug. "Alright, since you're okay, I gotta run. I'll continue my sleep in the house and then come back here later. Take care, Rainie. See you around, Jiro!"

As soon as Calvin left the room, Jiro quickly gave Rainie a kiss on the lips that lasted for a minute. A long, lingering kiss. "I was soo worried about you. I thought I'm gonna loose you again."

"I'll stay by your side forever, Jiro. No one can tear us apart." Rainie said.

Then, Jiro's phone rang. "Wei?"

Rainie looked at Jiro when she saw a very worried face on him. Then he closed the phone and stood up. "I gotta run for a while. I'll call Calvin to check on you from time to time. There's something I need to do, okay? Take care, sweety. Love you," Jiro said continously.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Rainie asked.

"Business matters. I'll be back," Jiro walked out and closed the door.

###########################################################

Jiro parked his car on the front of an empty lot near the car junkyard of the city. He waited for 10 minutes then another car came. There, Larisa came out with Danson looking guilty as hell.

"What's going on, Larisa? Why are you here, Danson?" Jiro asked without smiling.

"You know what I want, Jiro." Larisa said trying to hug him.

Jiro shrugged off his shoulders. "Stay away from me. You can't get what you want. Where is my sister?"

"If you won't cooperate with me, you won't see your sister anymore. Ohh, and your wife's brother too." Larisa laughed wickedly.

Jiro clamp his fist tightly. "You're sick! Danson! Can you explain to me all of this?"

Danson just shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jiro. I have my reasons. Larisa and Qiao Qiao dragged me---"

Plak! Hard, cold hand landed on Danson's face. Larisa almost fired up when Danson tried to talk. "Shut up, you idiot!"

"Why are you following them, huh? I thought you like my sister? I thought you said you'll protect her more than Aaron's way of protecting? Then, you will do this to my sister? Shame on you!" Jiro yelled with gritted teeth.

"Hao la, hao la. That's enough, darling. I'll let your sister go if you obey what I want. Leave Rainie, come with me and we'll fly back to States and live there happily. Sounds fun and romantic, right? That's how I wanted our lives together, Jiro. Just the two of us." Larisa said.

"Don't make me choose between my sister and Rainie, Larisa. I love them more than my life. You can go to hell for all I care!" Jiro pushed her and went to his car.

"Stay right there!" Larisa shouted and pulled the gun from her bag.

"Larisa!" Danson was surprised to see what's Larisa is holding.

Jiro turned around. It makes him more angrier seeing Larisa had got out of her mind because of her selfishness. "You can't kill me. You'll ruin your life."

"My life was ruined by you, Jiro. It's all your fault. You let me fell in love with you then you just drop me like a hot potato." Larisa started crying.

Danson was thinking on how to pull the gun away from Larisa.

"I only told you the truth. I don't want you to kept hoping that it's gonna be a happy ending between us. I love Rainie since then and you know that." Jiro explained and noticed what Danson is doing.

When Larisa wasn't looking Danson tried to grabbed the gun from her hand. They played tug-of-war and Jiro helped Danson. Then, a gun shot was heard.

Bang!

Another shot, but this time, someone dropped on their knees, blood flowing freely.