Chapter 33

Candy-Coated Love

 

Calvin and Rainie arrived at Genie's clinic a few minutes later. They went inside the room.

"Calvin! So happy to see you. Eh? You had girlfriend already?" Genie asked disappointedly as soon as she saw Rainie with him.

"No! Still single and available don't worry," Calvin grinned.

"Hi! I'm Genie. Calvin's friend," Genie offered her hand for a shake.

"Ohh, hello. I'm Rainie," she answered simply and accepted her hand.

"What's up?" Genie turned to Calvin.

"I need a second opinion on her case," Calvin said and looked at Rainie's gloomy face.

"What's her case?" Genie took her stethoscope and took Rainie to check her vital signs.

"I found a mass on her and all of the findings resulted to an ovarian cyst. I suggested to remove her ovaries to stopped the spreading before it become cancer cells. But she don't want to," Calvin looked back at Rainie who started to cry.

"Please... I'll take the tests again. Maybe it will go with antibiotics. I don't want to remove my ovaries. I still wanted to have a child," Rainie sniffing and wiping her nose.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright," Genie took all the things and start to make the necessary test on her.

Suddenly, Rainie's phone rang. Jiro's calling. She looked at Calvin.

"Give it to me," Calvin asked for her phone.

Rainie handed and Calvin answered.

"Hello?" Calvin said.

"Tell me where are you right now!" Jiro's firm voice hurt Calvin's ears.

"I'm sorry but I think Rainie don't want to entertain somebody right now," Calvin said calmly.

"Who are you to tell me like that?! I'm her husband, DAMN IT!" Jiro let out his rage again.

"H-husband?!" Calvin choked as he looked at Rainie.

"Yes, she's my wife. We're married. So I guess I have the right to know where she is," Jiro lowered his voice.

"Alright. We're here at Xiu Shan road, near Moon Palace Restaurant." Calvin told Genie's clinic address and closed the phone.

"Why did you tell him where we go?" Rainie accused him while Genie's taking a blood test on her.

"Why didn't you tell me you're already married?" Calvin asked back.

"It's complicated. I'll explain when my mind is clear," Rainie answered.

"Wait, I'm confused. So if you're married, then what is the relationship between the two of you?" Genie asked Rainie.

Calvin answered. "Whoa, you thought we have relationship? She's my cousin for heaven's sake!"

"Haha. Really? So I have a chance on you?" Genie asked grinning.

"Maybe. I'll think about it," Calvin answered with a laugh.

###########################################################

"I got to go," Jiro came out of the toilet.

"Why? We just arrived. I told the housekeeper to prepare something for us," Larisa protested.

"I'm sorry but something came up and I really need to go," Jiro insisted.

"Hmmmppp. Alright. But make it sure that you're with me the whole day tomorrow, okay? My parents will arrive tomorrow and this is the right time to talk about our upcoming wedding," Larisa accompany him to the door.

"See you," Jiro waved goodbye.

"Ei! Give me a kiss!" Larisa yelled but Jiro didn't hear.

Jiro quickly went inside the car and stepped on the gas pedal.

An OB-Gyne clinic? What is wrong with Rainie? Don't tell me she's pregnant with that bastard?! Jiro thought.

Jiro arrived at the clinic after 10 minutes. He went straight inside and saw Calvin standing outside the room.

"Is she alright? What is wrong with her?" Jiro asked Calvin worriedly.

"She's fine. Rainie's doing a test," Calvin answered. "By the way, I'm Calvin Chen."

"Jiro Wang," he replied. "What test?"

"Some blood test," Calvin said.

"You got her pregnant?!" Jiro exclaimed.

"W-whattt?! Are you crazy? You're her husband and you're gonna asked me if I got her pregnant?" Calvin almost burst into laughter.

"There's nothing wrong with my question," Jiro started to boil.

"You don't know her very well then," Calvin replied. "I'm her cousin."

"C-cousin? You mean a relative?" Jiro asked dumbly.

"Yeah. Cousin. My mom and her mom are sisters," Calvin replied.

"Ohh, I see," Jiro scratching his head.

Then, Rainie came out of the room. Jiro and Calvin quickly approached her.

"I'll get the results tomorrow." Rainie informed them.

Genie followed her. "I'll send the results on Calvin's clinic." she looked at Jiro. "Hi there, Rainie's husband! Ohh, man! Why can't I get a hot guy like you?"

"Ei! Am I not hot enough?" Calvin protested.

"NOT!" Genie answered.

"Do you mind if I take her home now?" Jiro carried Rainie.

"No, not at all. I'll see you tomorrow, Rainie. Take care," Calvin planted a kiss on her forehead before they left the clinic.

Jiro and Rainie walked into his car. As soon as they sat on the front seat, Jiro grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

"You made me worried sick! What's wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me?" Jiro asked brushing Rainie's hair.

"I don't want to talk about it now. Tomorrow, I'm gonna see the results. I'll tell you everything," Rainie said wiping away her tears.

"Alright, I won't forced you. But please, don't hide anything from me okay? Trust me. I'm the only one who can help you," Jiro started the car.

I don't want to disappoint you, Jiro. That's why I don't want to tell you about my condition, Rainie thought.