Chapter 2

Candy-Coated Love

 

"You're late!" Rainie exclaimed.

They waited for 5 minutes in the arrival area before she spotted Danson running towards them.

"Mrs. Yang, Aaron welcome back! And you missy, it's only 5 minutes! You're very impatient. Come here give me a hug!" he commanded her.

They hugged tightly.

"I miss you soo much," Rainie said to Danson.

"I miss you too. 5 years is way long time. Anyway, let's do this when we get home. I know you're all tired," he carried some of their luggage and put in the trunk.

They reach the house in just a few minutes. Mrs. Yang open the door and they all go inside. Rainie and Aaron can't help but smile.

"You missed it huh?" Aaron ask.

"Yeah! Mom is right," she replied.

"Wahahaha! You two are soo cute here! How come I didn't see this in Paris?" Danson holding a picture frame of Rainie and Aaron.

"As if you don't know the reason!" she take the frame from his hand.

"Well we really are cute there! Wahahaha!" Aaron take the frame from his sister.

"Guys, I'll go upstairs now. I feel soo tired." Mrs. Yang told them.

"Ok, mom goodnight," everybody answered.

"That picture reminds us a lot of bad memories but when you look at the faces, you can't help but laugh," Rainie opening her luggage.

"What have you got for me, bestie?" Danson ask.

"I have lots of things for you!" she handed him tons of kitchen and baking tools.

"OMG! What are these? It's all for our shop not for me!" he exclaimed.

"Wei! These are the best gift a pattisier would ask for! You didn't even appreciate it," she pouted.

"Haola! Haola! Thank you very much, my dear! How bout you Aaron?" he turn around to check what Aaron would give to him.

He handed a small paper.

"What's this?" he asked.

"The best gift you'll ever received. Better than those kitchen tools of yours," Aaron said laughing.

Danson open the paper and saw lots of phone numbers and names.

"Huh?" he gave him a puzzled look.

"These are the girls I've worked before and currently living in Taipei. I took all their numbers and you can start dating them one by one until you find a girlfriend." Aaron said grinning.

"Pai tuo! Leave him alone! Don't give problems to Danson. It will affect our business!" Rainie trying to hit Aaron but he ran away.

"Wahahaha! Danson, can I borrow your car? I need to go to the agency tomorrow," he ask.

"No! No! No! He just want to show off! Take a cab!" she bickered.

"Aiyoh! The company will provide me a service when I sign a contract with them. Then after 6 months I will have my own car." Aaron assured them.

"Ok, no problem. For tomorrow only huh?" Danson handed the key.

"Alright! thanks bro!" he took the key excitedly and ran to his room.

"You're spoiling him! Ehh! How can you go home now?" Rainie and Danson bring the luggage upstairs.

"I'll take a cab don't worry about it. Take rest early. I'll see you tomorrow," he kissed her cheek and went downstairs. Rainie followed to close the door and went back to her room.

###########################################################

GuiGui park her car in front of their office 'Starshine Agency'. She's been working for two years as PR assistant to the models and stars as well.

"GuiGui, manager said you go straight to his office now," one of her colleague said.

"Waaahhh! What is it this time? I've done my work properly these past few weeks!" she said frustratedly.

GuiGui went to the top floor where her manager's office is located.

"You call me, Sir?" she peek her head at the door.

"Come inside," he commanded her.

He put the folder on his desk in front of GuiGui.

"Here is your new talent. He's been recommended from top agencies in Paris. I want you to assist him until he gets use to his new environment. One more thing, you will drive him wherever he go for a while. I will arrange for his own car as soon as possible but for the meantime, be a good samaritan, hao ba?" he explained.

"You will make me his chaperon? Unbelievable!" she murmured.

GuiGui pick up the folder and flip it open.

"Hmmm, nice stats. Screen name: Ah Bu. Real name: Aaron Yang. Aaron Yang??? Aaron Yang!!! Waaaaahhhhh!!!" she screamed soo loud when she read the name and saw the picture.

The manager fell from his seat.

"What? Is there something wrong in his profile?" he ask.

"Nooo!!! I'm just surprise when I see his photo. He's quite good looking. Ehe! I'll go down now!" she run towards the door back to her office.

"OMG! OMG! OMG! Holy crap! He's back! They're back! Yipee! Woot! Woot!" she's dancing inside the elevator like crazy and didn't notice she went back to the ground floor then suddenly, the lift open.

Aaron is standing in front of her. GuiGui freezes.

"Nice bootyshake!" he said grinning and went inside the lift.

She is soo embarassed!

"He didn't recognised me!" she said to herself.

"Aren't you going out?" he ask.

"Ehe! No. I'm going to 2nd floor." she blushed.

"Oh, me too!" he informed her.

GuiGui become speechless. She can't say anything right now. Maybe she will blurt out something else. She had enough embarassment already. They reach the 2nd floor and GuiGui went out quickly back to her office.

"Wait!" Aaron stop her.

"Can you help me where I can find Ms. Wang Ying Jie's office?" he ask.

"Ehh... follow me," they walk in front of her office and she open the door for him.

"You can sit down inside," she said.

Aaron pass by the bookshelf and is about to sit down when something caught his eye. Bunch of frames with unique designs. He look at it one by one. They all seems familiar. He noticed pictures of two old couple and a guy who have different poses in the kitchen. Aaron pick the last and the smallest frame. He stared at it for a while. Then his eyes get bigger and his jaw drop. It was him when he was ten years old! And the girl beside him is non other than GuiGui! Aaron turn around quickly.

"GuiGui?" he's not sure if it's really her.

GuiGui move forward and introduce herself.

"Wang Ying Jie at your service." she make a salute to him.

"Wahahaha! I didn't recognise you! You're soo...different. Wang Ying Jie? Isn't your name GuiGui?" he ask as they sit down by the couch.

"GuiGui is just a petname. Anyway, you look different as well." she said.

"Well ten years is a long time. Many things happen. Many things change. I'm not the same person I used to be." there's a hint of bitterness in his words but he quickly change the topic.

"So you're going to be my assistant?"

"I guess so," she handed him his contract.

He read it before he sign.

"Alright! I'm officially your company's next best model. Let's sealed it then," he said.

"Huh?" she give him a puzzled look.

Aaron reach GuiGui's face and planted a smack on her lips!