Chapter 47

Candy-Coated Love

 

"Jiro!!!" Rainie shouted then she sat up.

Calvin quickly went to her side. "What happened? Are you having a bad dream?"

"Yes. Something bad happened to Jiro. I'm scared Cal. Where did he go? It's been five hours and he's not back yet."

"Shhh. It's just a dream. He'll be here any minute. Don't worry that much. You need to take rest. Cmon. Get some sleep. I'll wake you up when he arrive." Calvin put on the blanket over her.

Rainie was still uncomfortable. She kept thinking about Jiro and where did he go after he received that mysterious call.

###########################################################

Jiro looked at his hand. It was full of blood. He looked at Larisa's shocked face. She was very pale. Her intention was to scare him. She didn't know that it was loaded with bullets.

After a few minutes, Danson dropped on his knees holding on to his chest.

"Danson!" Jiro shouted and helped Danson.

"I-I'm sorry, Jiro. F-For all the... t-trouble that I-I've caused you and your f-family." Danson was helding on to his breath.

"Ei! Don't talk. I'll take you to the hospital." Jiro grabbed him and take him to his car.

Larisa was left speechless.

###########################################################

"Help! Please, can somebody help us? We've got a wounded girl here!" Aaron shouted as they entered the emergency room of the hospital.

"Is she going to be okay?" GuiGui asked trembling.

"She'll be fine. It's the best thing that we can do to stop her foolishness." Aaron answered then hugged her.

"Will the police take you?" GuiGui asked again.

"Yes, but don't worry. They will know that it's self-defense. They will release me after they question me." Aaron his hand on GuiGui's hair.

As they waited outside the emergency room, another gunshot victim came rushing. It was Danson. GuiGui saw her brother pushing the stretcher of Danson.

"Ge!" GuiGui stood up from the bench and run towards Jiro.

"Mei!" Jiro shouted and hugged GuiGui tightly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. How bout you?"

"I'm fine too. But Danson's not. He's been shot. By Larisa."

"OMG! How is he?"

"He's not good. The bullet went straight into his chest. I don't know his condition."

Aaron was behind GuiGui. "Ei, Jiro. Are you okay?"

"I'm good. Thanks for taking care of my sister." Jiro was so relieved that both of them are safe. "Eh? If you're not injured then why are you here in the hospital? Did Cal told you about Rainie's operation?"

"What happened to my sister?!" Aaron was surprised and worried.

"She had an operation in the ovaries but thank God she's safe now. She's in the recovery room. You didn't answer my question. Who did you take here in the hospital?" Jiro asked once again.

"QiaoQiao." Aaron answered and saw two police patrol coming on their way. "Don't tell anything about these to my sister Jiro. Until she's not fully recovered. Don't tell anything yet."

"Mr. Yang?" the police approached them. "Can we invite you to the headquarters for questioning?"

"Sure. I'll go with you." Aaron faced GuiGui.

"Take care sweetheart. I'll be back." He kissed GuiGui. "See you later, Jiro."

Jiro nodded and GuiGui tried not to cry.

"Why did the police took him, GuiGui?" Jiro asked.

"He shot QiaoQiao because she's trying to hurt me." GuiGui answered. "He didn't mean it, Ge. He's just trying to protect me."

"I know, I know. Don't worry. He'll be here any minute." Jiro comforted his sister. "Let's go to Rainie while we wait for QiaoQiao and Danson's condition."

They walked through the hallway going to Rainie's room.

Calvin saw them. "Ei! Thank God you're here. Rainie was being paranoid. She kept saying that something bad happened to you. Who's this cute girl?"

"This is my sister, GuiGui. Something bad really happened..." Jiro told the story about GuiGui's kidnappings and the shootout between Larisa and Danson then Aaron and QiaoQiao.

"OMG! That's really bad! We can't tell Rainie about it! She'll be devastated!" Calvin exclaimed.

"I know. So we must act naturally in front of her like something never happened, okay? Specially you, GuiGui. Cheer up! Aaron is not a criminal. He'll come back." Jiro said.

GuiGui nodded and wiped away her tears. Three of them entered the room together. Rainie saw Jiro and she smiled happily.

"Jiro!" Rainie yelled and offered her arms for a hug.

Jiro grabbed Rainie and hugged real tight.

"Hey there, baby. I told you I'll be back in a few hours. Why aren't you resting?" Jiro asked.

"I had this bad dream that kept playing on my mind. That's why I can't sleep until yo're not here." Rainie looked at GuiGui who's quiet since she came with them. "Are you okay, GuiGui? You seemed so troubled."

"I'm doing great. Don't mind me. I'm just hungry." GuiGui replied and smiled.

"Ohh. There's a lot of fruits and stuff on the fridge. Go and eat. Where's Ah Bu?" Rainie suddenly asked.

GuiGui stiffened. She can't tell her about Aaron's situation right now.

"He went out to buy something." Jiro answered for her.

Rainie shrugged her shoulders.

Calvin went to GuiGui. "I'll check on your friends in the emergency then I'll come back to give you the details, okay?"

"Okay." GuiGui answered.

"I'll be back guys." Calvin called to Jiro and Rainie.

"Alright." They answered.

Jiro and Rainie talking happily for about an hour. GuiGui was left on the couch and fell asleep when her phone rang.

"Wei?" GuiGui answered.

"I'm coming back. Wait for me." Aaron said on the other line.

GuiGui wanted to jump when she heard his voice. She told them about it.

"Aaron's coming back!" GuiGui squealed.

"Okay. Why are you so excited about it? He just bought something right?" Rainie was laughing.

GuiGui answered her with a grin. Then the door opened and Calvin appeared. He's never been that serious before. He called Jiro and whispered something.

"He's gone." Calvin said.